Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Cause they went with the "Cyborg is Justice League" concept.
    I like Cyborg in Justice League concept (even though I miss MM), but it's a shame that removes him from any Titans show. Why can't he be like Wolverine was in Marvel a few years back where he's just everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I like Cyborg in Justice League concept (even though I miss MM), but it's a shame that removes him from any Titans show. Why can't he be like Wolverine was in Marvel a few years back where he's just everywhere!
    Teen Titans show - no cyborg
    Teen Titans movie - no cyborg
    Teen Titans go movie - cyborg

Seems only in animated versions is cyborg allowed now
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Cyborg can go suck a big fat cyborg dingaling for all I care. I never liked him, and glad he's not in this.

That being said, I'm sure this'll just end up as yet another generic angsty teen drama with some superhero stuff in the background. Let's-accept-ourselves-for-who-we-are tropes up the wazoo, and all that. Snoozefest.

I'll give it a go, and I'm always ready to be positively surprised, of course. I just don't expect to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That being said, I'm sure this'll just end up as yet another generic angsty teen drama with some superhero stuff in the background. Let's-accept-ourselves-for-who-we-are tropes up the wazoo, and all that. Snoozefest.
    Is it wrong I already wrote the show off for this? Any connection to the CW and its gonna end with the flash point story with Dove being upset at Robin for not telling her about his secret baby momma on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Cyborg can go suck a big fat cyborg dingaling for all I care. I never liked him, and glad he's not in this.

I'll give it a go, and I'm always ready to be positively surprised, of course. I just don't expect to be.
    i dont understand when people say this, thats what all superhero media is.. a bunch of drama and relationship stuff with the occasional cool action scene aside from things that are more comedy oriented
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont understand when people say this, thats what all superhero media is.. a bunch of drama and relationship stuff with the occasional cool action scene aside from things that are more comedy oriented
    Not really man. The flash / Supergirl could easily just be another gossip girl or teenage vampire diaries. Instead of a fashion background or vampire background its leather costumes that look like superheroes.

Tell me what episode in the justice league series focused on flash lying to his girlfriend Iris about his feelings for her

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you wanna put the superhero genre into a box of "its about drama and relationship stuff" says a lot.

Look at the new Batman Ninja that has everyone hyped. You can tell any story you want with the superhero genre. Its a great story telling medium. Some people dont want a remake of gossip girl

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Doesn't it then make sense that some are getting bored of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    oh look, another white-ish character turned black, and not too happy with the choice for raven's actress either...
    She's an alien. Your premise is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Not really man. The flash / Supergirl could easily just be another gossip girl or teenage vampire diaries. Instead of a fashion background or vampire background its leather costumes that look like superheroes.

Tell me what episode in the justice league series focused on flash lying to his girlfriend Iris about his feelings for her

- - - Updated - - -

The fact you wanna put the superhero genre into a box of "its about drama and relationship stuff" says a lot.

Look at the new Batman Ninja that has everyone hyped. You can tell any story you want with the superhero genre. Its a great story telling medium. Some people dont want a remake of gossip girl
    And how many issues of Spider-Man revolve around Peter freaking out because he missed a date with mj, or Gwen, or because of him being Spider-Man he can barely pay his rent.

How many issues of Green arrow had Oliver being on again off again with black canary? How many issues of teen Titans has Roy and dick being angsty about their super dad's not giving them respect?

I'm not saying that literally every single superhero comic is drama but to act as though comic books haven't had a very large amount of "male soap opera" esque plotlines is just untrue. Some do it better than others but it's always been there. It's more evident in a TV show though because they have the air room for it that movies don't.

I'm not saying that literally every single superhero comic is drama but to act as though comic books haven't had a very large amount of "male soap opera" esque plotlines is just untrue. Some do it better than others but it's always been there. It's more evident in a TV show though because they have the air room for it that movies don't.
    And that is exactly why people say that they won't see it if it's made in the mould of Arrow/Flash/Supergirl, which ARE targeted towards teenage girls IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    And that is exactly why people say that they won't see it if it's made in the mould of Arrow/Flash/Supergirl, which ARE targeted towards teenage girls IMO.
    yeah but even if it wasnt made by the arrowverse crew it would still have plotlines like that, ESPECIALLY teen titans which at its core has always been about a bunch of somewhat angsty young people trying to find their place in the world.

some people though act as if any romance plot completely ruins it like theyre still 10 year old kids who just wanna see cool dudes punch each other.

i can already imagine some of the people on here trying to say dick and starfire is this series olicity or barryxiris because there will likely be some sort of will they wont they plotline about them like theres always been between the 2

pictures like this exist for a reason

- - - Updated - - -

if anything, i wouldnt be surprised if this show had more relationship drama then all the other shows combined.

i mean, look at young justice which is just animated teen titans. relationship drama all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the way Marvel/Netflix did relationships in Daredevil... there was a small fling with Claire and even hints that it might go somewhere with Karen, but they didn't focus on it all that much, what happened happened, then they broke up and that was it, they continued their relationship purely platonic... Same in JJ with Luke cage kinda, they banged in the first few episodes, got that out of the way and then focused on the actual story...

TL;DR: They should learn how to portray relationships more realistically instead of this soap-opera thing and move over to the plot quicker...

Deleted
    How big are the chances for Wally West from the Flash show to end up in this show?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    How big are the chances for Wally West from the Flash show to end up in this show?
    depends on if its in the arrowverse or not (althought wally could always pull a barry like in supergirl if it isnt)

right now in its first season i feel like wally would overshadow everybody since hes a known character but i think it would be great to have him move over in season 2. wally is held back by barry in the show so he cant ever really do much or progress because at the end of the day its the flash and barry is the flash.

putting him on a team would give him more chance to shine and move out from barrys shadow.

its being made by berlanti and geoff johns so its a question of if they want to and if keiynon would want to.

I agree that a 2nd season Wally would be a good idea.

I'm not a fan of Wally in The Flash, I hope he doesn't make it into Titans.

jason todd

Deleted
    Yeah, can't wait for this quality show Will this be aired on Disney XD or something?

thwaites is fucking perfect man. this is spot on dick/robin

Just makes me sad the DC films didnt start off with the death of Robin. Instead we get his suit with paint on it from the joker in a tiny easter egg instead

could have a nightwing film by now if they had gone that route