Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I certainly had to eat after fighting 88s on my 88 rogue, and that 300k health rare took a while, lots of 5-point combos and stuns.

Multiple mobs feels a lot like vanilla, but utilizing all Legion skills/talents for damage/cooldowns/heal/crowd control etc.
    wow that's awesome :O

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This change doesn't really make levelling more interesting or difficult. It just seems to make it more tedious, as far as I can see. Please, try and correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    1 shotting mobs that don't have a chance to do damage, or classes to use their abilities is not interesting. Now with more enemy health it's more fun.

Not 100% vanilla levels of danger, but still more meaningful then before.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    To you, perhaps. That doesn't sound interesting or fun, to me, at all. Giving mobs abilities and better AI, though? That's a different story.
    Mobs DO have abilities, you just never got to see them on live cause they die before they use it. Especially true in later expansions. Of course 1-40 mobs are basic.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I mean something a bit more substantial than a quick Shadow Bolt at the player. Even just tuning the damage numbers of mobs up a bit would do something.
    Mobs living longer = more abilties & more incoming damage, and not all mobs are interruptable casts.

Not all mobs have crazy abilities but for example Osul Sharphorn stack a bleed, increase their damage by 25% and got a cone-attack. You'd never see them use it on live as they are dead too fast.

If you pulled multiple on PTR , your in big trouble as a melee.

Now of course you can circumvent most of the trouble by stunning them, or just killing ones that are fighting npcs, but my point still stands that some dangerous mob types still exist.

I do admit that many other mobs are still not dangerous at all.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-03 at 01:48 PM.

I mean something a bit more substantial than a quick Shadow Bolt at the player. Even just tuning the damage numbers of mobs up a bit would do something.

But the "hardcore" Vanilla folks wanted this, they wanted levelling to be easier. Blizzard have just trended with the times.
    You might forget that the current state of leveling (1shotting mobs) wasn't intendet but greatly broken by previous patches and world revamps / stat squishes.

Finally they found the time to adress it.

Talking about Classic WoW: A lot of people don't want to leave their characters and the whole gameworld behind to just begin from scratch without the chance to see everything that came after lv.60. The current questing experience is broken and it's a good thing that Blizzard fixes it.

I think there's a huge misconception about the time it takes to levelcap. I personally don't think it will take MUCH longer in 7.3.5 since we also get more XP (Quests scale to your level) AND you can basically skip 2 whole expansions (e.g. skip Outland by questing in Wrath only).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I never said it was pro skill play, and also default crappy interface, no proper keybinds.

It still shows the basic difference of 1-shotting everything vs PTR.

Anyone playing serious would have an easier time, but not kill everything in 1 shot either. I saw like 12k crit max, while the mob still have 30-37k. Health still increased by a factor of 3.
    Never said anything about proper keybinds and the "crappy" interface (which is fine, by the way). I'm just saying you were stepping out of attack range numerous times, running around the mob, and sitting on a 5 point eviscerate on numerous occasions. Not doing that doesn't indicate "pro" play by any means, but it does lengthen combat time by a lot. You also never really one shot those mobs on live, at least from my experience. From my memory combat lasted about the same, maybe a few seconds shorter with those enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well fuck. I really don’t like the sound of this then.
    What is the point of a rare that's not hard to kill ? Old rares are just boring at the moment, this change is welcome imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    What is the point of a rare that's not hard to kill ? Old rares are just boring at the moment, this change is welcome imo.
    There's nothing wrong with it. As long as rares drop something you can use while leveling and give sufficient experience like they do in Legion then it's a welcome change.

Got to agree scaling the raids is messed up, as they even then don't play an important or feasible role in the leveling process.
    They just aren't attractive in terms of the commitment required for the reward.
    And that is what the community now measures content on.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    God forbid if players can't 1 hit kill bosses in raids........
    Its old outdated content which gives you NOTHING but some crappy transmogs and maybe some mount if you are lucky. There is no reason what so ever to make this any harder. Its already not worth doing, making bosses take longer to kill makes it even less worth doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Got to agree scaling the raids is messed up, as they even then don't play an important or feasible role in the leveling process.
    They just aren't attractive in terms of the commitment required for the reward.
    And that is what the community now measures content on.
    Pretty sure the raid scaling is unintended. And even if it is intended and they keep it in, who cares? You're still going to one shot everything at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Pretty sure the raid scaling is unintended. And even if it is intended and they keep it in, who cares? You're still going to one shot everything at max level.
    I care because of the motivation.
    Because they don't play a role in the levelling process anymore, and this won't change it.
    If that is the intent, then other players are being punished (arguably as to how much), for a change which is utterly failing at what it is trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

As I posted in the other thread, there are really two different arguments here.

a) You 1 or 2-shot mobs on live. You don't use most of your abilities, and don't learn how to properly play your spec. This isn't very fun.

b) It takes much longer to level on PTR, because killing mobs takes much longer.

These two things are linked right now, but they don't have to be. They could make mobs reward much more XP per kill to compensate for taking much longer to kill them. That would address the problem pretty nicely.

Also c) old raids were un-nerfed, but I feel like that was a legit mistake in scaling and they'll fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Its old outdated content which gives you NOTHING but some crappy transmogs and maybe some mount if you are lucky. There is no reason what so ever to make this any harder. Its already not worth doing, making bosses take longer to kill makes it even less worth doing.
    If you say so.

If you say so.
    what good comes out of making a boss in siege of orgrimmar take longer to kill ? not harder. Longer. Please tell me a valid reason. And not the same old bullshit "Im a special snowflakes and i want it super hard and tedious cause that was how the game was ages ago before it got changed derpa derp"

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    what good comes out of making a boss in siege of orgrimmar take longer to kill ? not harder. Longer. Please tell me a valid reason. And not the same old bullshit "Im a special snowflakes and i want it super hard and tedious cause that was how the game was ages ago before it got changed derpa derp"
    Because killing anything in one shot no matter what era it is from is not fun. Clearly you're easily entertained with afk content.

Because killing anything in one shot no matter what era it is from is not fun. Clearly you're easily entertained with afk content.
    For mog farmers the fun comes from getting the mogs, not consuming the content. Making raid bosses take longer to kill just adds more busy work inbetween the parts that actually matter, and I somehow doubt they'll increase drop rates to compensate.

If I were one of the cynical players you see so often in the community, I'd suggest it's Blizzard trying to keep people subbed longer.

i think the idea is not to make leveling 1-max longer, just give you a more quality game while leveling.
    Confident they will adjust 1-120 to need about the same average hrs played then it is now 1-110.
    They might remove some of he insane xp boost combos hat streamers seem to be so fond of demoing though.

Deleted
    Eh, but I've wiped a hundred times on LK back in WotLK, even more on Ragnaros back in Cata, and maybe more than that on the Thunder King and then Garry heroic in MoP. That's what this content was intended for. Now when I come back to any old raid I just want to run through it slaughtering everything in sight, mass pulling trash and murdering bosses in 10 seconds and it has nothing to do with challenge, I might want to get some missed mog, I might want to get a pet, or just admire the view, it's a different thing entirely. Old raids and current raids are entirely different things, there is nothing gained by making them harder or longer. You want to show solo skill, you solo CURRENT (or semi-) raids, like crazy Mione does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    They might remove some of he insane xp boost combos hat streamers seem to be so fond of demoing though.
    They should specifically *keep* those, I'd argue. So that people who are leveling traditionally can enjoy it and people who want to powerlevel by combining game mechanics can do that too. Choice is almost always better than no choice. It would kinda suck if they killed power leveling, it's almost a cash grab considering the fact that you can pay 50 bucks to insta-level...

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post

They should specifically *keep* those, I'd argue. So that people who are leveling traditionally can enjoy it and people who want to powerlevel by combining game mechanics can do that too. Choice is almost always better than no choice. It would kinda suck if they killed power leveling, it's almost a cash grab considering the fact that you can pay 50 bucks to insta-level...
    I'd be happy if they doubled the XP boost from heirlooms and kept the Elixir around, to be honest. I don't mind the base leveling curve taking longer, I just want to be able to opt out of that when I level my 20th alt.