Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The funny thing is many of the people I helped through 15's (for gold) are decent geared and skilled people who just cant find groups as dps class or are too lazy and dont want to waste time with bad pugs. Much easier to pay token value (eu) and get summoned into dungeon and get boosted by one of the best m+ teams in the world.

Will get much worse for you guys when we equip all the baddies with 940 base mythic gear next id. But hey you can buy boosts too!

Entitled people like you need to understand one thing:
    Those "laughable" standards there are not because group leader wants to be carried or something, but because supply is insanely higher than demand.

I can literally get 5 scrolling pages of 940+ people in a matter of one minute when I start my +15 pug.
    Yes, ilvl is not representative of a player's skill nor mythic+ score, BUT people with higher ilvl and higher score is more likely to be good.

Now, dear "I just don't have enough time to farm score" people, please tell me WHY should I consider lowgear/lowscore players if the competition for this spot is so high? This is a very simple and straightforward question.

If ur a dps below 940 your only chance of doing a +15 is pretty much to make ur own grp, you will never be invited because its always easy to find high 945+ dps to fill the grp. Its a supply vs demand issue, not a "leader is an asshole" issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So then why are you even replying to me? No where did I say it was hard. If anyone is complaining about group requirements it's because they haven't been doing the content already and expect to magically be able to do so because blizzard raised the ilvl cap.

Any player worth a damn has already been running 15s every single week due to the increased amount of loot and higher AP from chest. Anyone who was just doing a 10 is just someone who was looking for their free 935 and probably isn't a good player and puts little effort into the game.

If you expect to magically get carried to a cap when you haven't been doing them at that difficulty welcome to reality. It's not going to happen, build your own key up like you should have been doing for weeks instead of being lazy and expecting free 960 loot handed to you.
    I just dislike the M+ mentally. If I only run 3-5 different dungeons, because I dislike the rest, my M+ score is shit. Even when I cleared this dungeon I am queing for on +18 intime already, you get the stupid answer: Your M+ score is bad. Its like denying people the current raid, because they didn't killed ragnaros during vanilla...

You are talking like: If you haven't done it all already, you will never be able to do so. Thats just bullshit. Just doing +10 for the chest is fine, when your time is limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it is. If you where a good player you would have already been running deep mythic+ and not stuck looking for a free 15 invite. If you already weren't regularly looting 14 or higher keys from your M+ chest you don't deserve a free invite to a 15 run to get it over with quick. That's on you for being lazy and/or bad and only doing the bare minimum for some free loot.

The only people complaining looted +9 keys from their chest and expect a free 6 level jump because they feel entitled to hit the cap after putting in no effort to be there prior to this week.
    I don't even know how you are supposed to get a +15 key from the weekly chest lel. Not that I care, I've always pulled my weight in every group I've been in and no one has ever complained. I also wouldn't run a +14 because that would mean running 2 in the same week and I cba doing that just because other puggers think they are da bomb and want to play "pretend to be the best who ever was".
    Point is, until last week I could just browse for 3 seconds, hop in and complete the damn place with half the timer. Now all of a sudden everyone is an expert and think that ilvl950 is barely viable for a +9 (I've seen that too yesterday). I want it to be quick because I know I can make it quick, and I worked hard for it months ago to get in the "+15 circle". Not going to bother doing it again to please those guys. As I said I can just dump my money on a kill and call it a day until BfA without worrying about gear. But I can see there is an issue in having two different criteria for choosing a group.

And as I said, stupid wowprogress doesn't even tell things straight. And after banging my head against my keyboard with subpar groups for months until I got to +15 in time I need to do that again because random site says so? Naaawwww. I'd rather play Shadow of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Nim135 View Post
    Descriptions & Requirements for a M+15:

-Over 1800 or no inv
    -Be 2k
    -Over 2.2k
    -955 ilvl

I myself am a 939 ilvl and barely run m+. I only do it for the weekly reward.

Anyway, every time I enter these parties, the difference in DPS between me and the other 2 is always about 1m~.

I get it, you want high requirements because you don't trust some people but you do not perform yourself?

What is all this high requirement madness.

TL.DR: Outrageous requirement for M+ 15 after 7.3.2, specifically from boosted people that have no idea how to play their class
    Simple solution to your problem: Do your own keys and require the same :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I don't even know how you are supposed to get a +15 key from the weekly chest
    So you don't even understand how M+ works and expect a free carry?

Your entire post basically says "I put in no effort to get to a 15 key but feel entitled to get one done because cap go's up next week". Top flight kek right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Get your key upgraded - simple.

I did +15 with pugs this week using my key. Every single other group was like 2k+ score xD

Also idk why but most of my runs are not on wowprogress... I did like 50 m+15 but on wowprogress there are 12 mythic 15+ completed...
    I am with you on this one. I did my keys, and they were not the dungeons most sought: 11 Arcway, 14 Upper Kara and 16 CoEN.
    And i had a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Naaawwww. I'd rather play Shadow of War.
    A single player game with actual pay to win mechanics? Yeah, seems appropriate.

They shouldnt have the weekly chest, mythic + is always rewarding enough on its own. If that was gone then there will be less people try to just do their 15 for the week. Or reduce the base ilvl of the weekly award. Mythic level gear is too tasty for most people who only do heroic raid

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't even understand how M+ works and expect a free carry?

Your entire post basically says "I put in no effort to get to a 15 key but feel entitled to get one done because cap go's up next week". Top flight kek right there.
    What is this even about. I don't care about getting a +15 in the chest for myself because I've never had a problem running another person's key and I personally dislike mythic+ after running it so many times. I don't give a flying rat's butt how you get a +15 key in the chest and I can't see how it makes me any worse at actually executing the thing.
    Also you can save your top flight kek because, as I said, I've been running +15 for a long time, and an external device is arbitrarily deciding I didn't and influencing my chances. I dunno if there's any stat actually tracking the number of mythic+15 completed but half my gear has the "Mythic 15" label under it and the appropriate previous-chest ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    A single player game with actual pay to win mechanics? Yeah, seems appropriate.
    I've never bought anything in any in-game store, including WoW, and I never will.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    still doesnt change the fact that just because someone has right to behave like a douche it doesnt mean its ok and should be socialy accepted.
    There is a big difference between being a douche and having high requirements. Its his party, he can make it as high as he wants? I don't see whats douchey about it just because you don't like it really? you can run as many m+s with your own keys with as little requirements as you want with all the other people who don't like the high requirement groups. Usually only requirement I set is ilvl but most of the time I join guild or lfg groups, don't make my own.

As a lot of people in this thread already said.. Just run your own key. I finished my +16 last Friday after starting with a +10 from the week before. The only downside to this approach is, you actually gotta clear more than one m+ to level up the key.. But hey, you can enforce whatever requirements you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Make your own group.

That's right.

To be honest I'm avoiding particular dungeons, so I wouldn't waste my time. I'm just doing weekly max M+ and I'm done.

I remember when someone asked for +2k M+ Score for NL +11... I didn't have it(as I said - I was avoiding HoV, Arc and some other dungeons because they were boring/waste of time), but I had M+14 NL done that season- he didn't invite me and told me that I shouldn't use excuses, lol.
    Exactly. I am pvp player mainly i am getting nearly max reward from pvp (2.2k+) so i am not rly focusing on pve. Just heroic for curve and weekly m+ just once a week. When i see arcway or hov... 40min (i dont remember times) dragons killing i dont even que.

In 7.3 i have been doing betwwen m+10-12 for weekly depends who invited me. Ofc it was faceroll but i had like 700 score? xD i havent completed m+ dungenons i dislike.

Now that requirements are insane i am forced to do 2 m+ every weak one +14 upgrade it to +15 and do it.

Maybe after reset i will get on 950+ ilvl and people will ignore my score? Like on antorus hc pugs. They see 948 ilvl and they just inv me not asking for anything xD

Yay, another pu complaining about not being invited...

Make. Your. Own. Group.

To me, having a high ilvl/Mythic kills is literally no guarantee that you can perform in M+, I've done several keys with people who are mythic raiders, and their output on dungeons is woeful and they have no idea how the mechanics fit together/ where it's safe to treat etc. It also often requires you to use much more of your character's toolkit than raiding does, so if you're not used to that it can be an issue.

Admittedly M+ score isn't perfect in this regard either (I've ended up with a lot of boosted people fucking up my runs, or even people who just spent the entirety of the 'no affix' (sanguine, volcanic, fortified) week pushing score and can't do anything on any other week) but it's a lot better than any other metric I've seen.

Even on a 15, there's a lot of mechanics which can wipe you if people don't know what they're doing (although I imagine this will change as people start pushing to 955/960 gear).

My view on it is that I like doing M+, I like the challenge to push my keys as high as possible, and I want to have a decent group of people of similar skill/experience as myself in order to do that. I wouldn't set requirements higher than my own level (in actual fact, i usually set about 100/150 score lower), because to me, that's silly. I don't always play perfectly, I don't think anyone does, but I find that getting groups with similar experience/goals can help to make it a more enjoyable experience.

If you're the type of person who just wants to complete a 15 for your weekly chest, then that's perfectly fine with me as well. It is not usually the type of group which I would join unless I have been very time constrained over the week. There's usually a lot of groups which are kicking about to do just that. If you complain about having to do a 14, then how about, one week, when you have a 14, you just do another 2 dungeons to make it a 15. If you're finding it that hard/irritating to get groups, just do another M+ run every week, with the gear everyone has now/will have in the coming weeks, simply finishing a 16 (all you need to do to get a 15 key) is quite straight forward, and you will probably find a lot of people in a similar position who want to do it just for the 15 key next week.

At the end of the day, M+ is not mandatory content, you make it mandatory for yourself, nobody is making you do it. 'I *need* it to remain competitive' is not it being mandatory. How competitive, and how effective in the game you want to be is nobody's choice but your own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yay, another pu complaining about not being invited...

Make. Your. Own. Group.
    Read the first pages of this thread please and check my other replies

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You can buy a boost. A +15 run is currently worth a token value (~290k gold). Its the fastest way to get your 15 key done and there are many great groups to help lazy/unskilled people or just people with too much gold.

Made like 4 million gold this weekend alone haha.
    So you boosted 55 people this weekend alone haha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Two types of groups with higher requirements:

Type A: Does a couple m+ here and there, probably do below average dps/hps/survivability, is aiming to mostly be carried.
    Type B: Frequently does m+, doing average or above, aiming to play with like-minded people to avoid the types who make Type A groups.

Personally, I put requirements just under what I'm at. I would rather take my chances with people who are more experienced with m+ strats rather than someone who does a 10 every now and then for their weekly chest. Sure, you might be better than someone who doubles your score, but that's something for another group to worry about.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    Two types of groups with higher requirements:

Type A: Does a couple m+ here and there, probably do below average dps/hps/survivability, is aiming to mostly be carried.
    Type B: Frequently does m+, doing average or above, aiming to play with like-minded people to avoid the types who make Type A groups.

Personally, I put requirements just under what I'm at. I would rather take my chances with people who are more experienced with m+ strats rather than someone who does a 10 every now and then for their weekly chest. Sure, you might be better than someone who doubles your score, but that's something for another group to worry about.
    You said basically what I wanted to say, apart from much more succinctly. Well done sir.