Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Zandalari Troll racials

What do you think Zandalari will get as racials?

I was trying to come up with something on my own accord but most racials I can think of are already part of the playable ones
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    What do you think Zandalari will get as racials?

I was trying to come up with something on my own accord but most racials I can think of are already part of the playable ones
    I'm more curious what they'll get as forms. Hoping they are a bit more subdued than the Darkspear ones.

bait thread.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-04 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Paladin. /10char
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I'm more curious what they'll get as forms. Hoping they are a bit more subdued than the Darkspear ones.
    My bet is on scaly textures on their forms

They better get something worthy of the oldest and most versatile race on Azeroth (inb4 versatility passive xd), with likely the most knowledge on the planet, considering their scholarly nature and need to document literally everything.

Zuldazar better have a massive library or something, lmao.

But uh, that aside, no idea what they'll get in terms of racials, I'm looking forward to seeing them. And I wonder if they'll keep a regeneration passive. Which they obviously should when it comes to lore.

Though I do wonder what hunter pet they'll start off with. Raptor is taken by the Darkspear and Zandalari pride themselves in taming dinosaurs more dangerous than raptors anyway so... hm, I'd place my bets on either a direhorn or a pterodactyl. Devilsaurs are too hardcore for starter pet.

I also wonder if they'll automatically be able to tame direhorns, they totally should be. The knowledge to tame them come from the Zandalari in the first place, after all.

I'd hope that they would have some sort of regeneration, but I don't know how they would make it different from the darkspear one.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaeum View Post
    I'd hope that they would have some sort of regeneration, but I don't know how they would make it different from the darkspear one.
    Possibly as some HoT that they can only apply to themselves (as opposed to Gift of the Naaru, which can be cast on others; maybe with a shorter cooldown or greater healing effect).

Well, it was a long while ago that Darkspear were given their passive and since then, the troll regeneration has become stronger in lore. Back when Darkspear got theirs, troll regeneration was capable of regenerating digits (fingers, toes, etc) and needed the blessing of a loa to be able to regenerate an arm, etc. But since Chronicle Volume 1, all trolls on a natural basis can regenerate limbs and organs. If blessed by a loa... well, why not 75% of your body. (Vula'jin the Void)

So, I'd say give Zandalari and Darkspear a buffed regeneration passive, kek. Buff it from 10% to 100%. Sounds good. xd

(okay not really, but I reckon they'd be the same, not much of a difference unless someone decides to throw in something extra into the passive.. idk what though)

Quote Originally Posted by Artaeum View Post
    May seem like an odd one, but "receive % more healing". Has a similar theme as the regen, but without stepping on both of the darkspear toes.

Also thinking that there will be more tamable dinosaurs, if that is the case they'll be able to tame them from the get go and other races will need to earn it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnta View Post
    May seem like an odd one, but "receive % more healing". Has a similar theme as the regen, but without stepping on both of the darkspear toes.
    That could work. Would there be a profession boost?
    I'd say alchemy, but Goblins already have that
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    That could work. Would there be a profession boost?
    I'd say alchemy, but Goblins already have that
    Between the professions that are left (fishing, leather-working, tailoring), I would guess fishing? If any.
    You do see teeth, feathers, and skulls on the zandalari armor, but don't think that warrants a +15 to LW.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Tallest: Their improved height increases ranged habilities and spells` range by +X yards!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The Tallest: Their improved height increases ranged habilities and spells` range by +X yards!
    That actually sounds cool

Maybe they could get better leather-working, considering they tame dinosaurs

Deleted
    Blessing of Bwonsamdi, Zandalari is able to ress back after death in a spirit form with 20% reduced stats this effect last for xx min.
    (mini resurrection)

Passive racials:
    Troll regenaration, Zandalari troll gains 1% HP every 10 seconds.
    Fishing master, Zandalari troll gains +15 skill in fishing.
    Animal instinct, Zandalari get xx less dmg for animals.

I think something like this would be fun and different from Darkspear trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Blessing of Bwonsamdi, Zandalari is able to ress back after death in a spirit form with 20% reduced stats this effect last for xx min.
    (mini resurrection)

Passive racials:
    Troll regenaration, Zandalari troll gains 1% HP every 10 seconds.
    Fishing master, Zandalari troll gains +15 skill in fishing.
    Animal instinct, Zandalari get xx less dmg for animals.

I think something like this would be fun and different from Darkspear trolls.
    Considering what happened to Vol'jin, I wouldn't trust in that first racial.
    The troll regeneration one seems kinda OP. In character, but OP

Off the top of my head, here are some things that seem like they could make sense:

Blessing of the Loa - 1% Mastery. I feel like a mastery buff kind of fits with Zandalari.
    Scion of Zuldazar - Hearthstone effect that sends you back to Zuldazar
    Primal Blood - 2/3 min cooldown that produces a small HoT and increases leech by x% for 20 seconds. The leech buff is a way of having a regen-esque effect while being different enough from Darkspear troll.

And just for fun, even though I'm sure it's impossible:
    Ancient Ties - all normally hostile Troll NPC's behave as if they were neutral.

Deleted
    They lose automatically to any elf race and Pandaren in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    They better get something worthy of the oldest and most versatile race on Azeroth (inb4 versatility passive xd), with likely the most knowledge on the planet, considering their scholarly nature and need to document literally everything.

Zuldazar better have a massive library or something, lmao.

But uh, that aside, no idea what they'll get in terms of racials, I'm looking forward to seeing them. And I wonder if they'll keep a regeneration passive. Which they obviously should when it comes to lore.

Though I do wonder what hunter pet they'll start off with. Raptor is taken by the Darkspear and Zandalari pride themselves in taming dinosaurs more dangerous than raptors anyway so... hm, I'd place my bets on either a direhorn or a pterodactyl. Devilsaurs are too hardcore for starter pet.

I also wonder if they'll automatically be able to tame direhorns, they totally should be. The knowledge to tame them come from the Zandalari in the first place, after all.
    Hunter pet could be a direhorn. They could start out automatically knowing how to tame em like how gnomes and goblins can tame mechanical pets.

Deleted
    Saurus Whisperer - summon raptor for x seconds, combat mount
    Lizard Brain - primal perception, your agility is increased by x
    Starbound Loa - you never get lost, mount speed increased by x
    Red Mist - below 30% of health your blood vaporizes, passive dot healing you for x