Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Todays world ?
    You mean your world. In the laws of Islam if you are married and you cheated, you will be stoned to death.
    Yeah only women, not men.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Brainwashing media and politics for decades basically. They manipulate parents how to raise the future generations.

• Be liberal
    • Be independent
    • Be free
    • Be strong
    • Be single
    • Be "experienced and wise"
    • Accept and prefer exotic cultures

In reality it leads to:
    • Decaying culture, roots, traditions
    • Disrespectful, arrogant, violent, irresponsible, ignorant generations
    • No committment
    • Founding a family even later
    • Late pregnancy (health issues) - and this is the most important point, because no political ideology can fight the Nature. Giving birth at late ages (over 30, or even 40 nowadays) is risky for both the mother and the child. The possibility to have some kind of degeneration on the fetus and the child increases greatly by the age of the parents, not to mention miscarriage rates.

Media and politics encourage native ppl to do the above - meanwhile makes us financially even more dependent (and media again: buy this, buy that, build a career, be strong).
    This leads to smaller or even no families, dwindling population (only the native), and importing foreigners to "replace" the missing manpower.

Basically roughly this is the reason.
    Agreed, family and relationship values are being constantly demoralized and people think it’s totally okay. I even notice some weird occurrence that takes place in new generation, called friend with benefit thing. Worse there are whole groups that know each other, have sex with one and another and they don’t think it’s disgusting.

Cheating is not as mainstream in Europe as it is in the US afaik... people do break up here a lot though (but don't cheat).

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so because you no longer want to be in a relationship that then allows you to go behind your partner's back lie to them and string them along for x amount of time. why exactly is that acceptable?
    It's not acceptable. Society pushes everyone to be in a monogamous relationship, so these incidents become more frequent.

On one side you have your feelings being weird and wanting something different, and on the other side you have every movie having people getting married and living till their old days with their partner. It's insane amount of pressure, but we tend to ignore it for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Todays world ?
    You mean your world. In the laws of Islam if you are married and you cheated, you will be stoned to death.
    And we all know how humanity flourishes under such conditions, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Kind of depends on how you define cheating.

Perfectly married couples look at my relationships and judge them as us cheating on one another,

Frankly the thought of being restricted to a single person to love closely is a self limiting factor I see as extremely odd and troubling behavior. It's popularity is something I can only associate with the popularity of Christianity and English. Basically anything touched by the British Empire saw trends of assimilation regardless of revolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, family and relationship values are being constantly demoralized and people think it’s totally okay. I even notice some weird occurrence that takes place in new generation, called friend with benefit thing. Worse there are whole groups that know each other, have sex with one and another and they don’t think it’s disgusting.
    Because sex is disgusting, sex between different people is disgusting or sex without the immediate concern for life is disgusting?

I mean, your answer doesn't matter. I'm just trying to point out your hypocrisy.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    In some places of the world you get killed for having sex outside of marriage, eating pork and drinking alcohol. In Norway we call it a Christmas party
    That's why I stay sober at every company celebration. It's not because of me doing stupid things but we had strange things happening I would hate the allien feeling next working day. I stay out of things as I'm kind of conservative in regards to that. Why do people go that crazy when drinking?? Having a family and two little girls would make me feel I would not only betray my wife but also my children. I don't think I could ever forgive me. If the relationship doesn't work out any longer you can manage it like adults.... Fortunately my wife looks pretty sexy still after giving birth to two children. Of course it's in mens nature wanting to engange with many attactive women but well, I'm happy with what I have.

Of course not everything is black and whit and somtimes things just happen.
    Last edited by Raakel; 2017-12-04 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There is even adds on TV about how flirting isnt wrong and when you go to their site you only see couples cheating.
    Like how the hell has it become normal to cheat that it even airs on tv commercials?
    I do believe it is more rampant because it's easier than ever to find a hook-up thanks to the internet. You would think if someone wanted multiple partners they would either stay single or marry someone who want's an open relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    men and women. a cheater is a cheater no matter the gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    In some places of the world you get killed for having sex outside of marriage, eating pork and drinking alcohol. In Norway we call it a Christmas party
    Haha, no you will not get killed if you had sex outside of marriage if your not married. you get killed because you cheated on your partner.
    Having sex before marriage will give some few lashes.
    you will not get killed either for eating pork or drinking alcohol.

There is even adds on TV about how flirting isnt wrong and when you go to their site you only see couples cheating.
    Like how the hell has it become normal to cheat that it even airs on tv commercials?
    Its been this way since the dawn of man. Its nothing new in the modern world. Difference is that you see more information due to the internet and social media.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know that cheating is happening more now than before. Is there any evidence to support this? Surveys or studies?

Let's assume you are correct then possible causes:

1) The Internet makes it really easy for married/committed couples to form inappropriate relationships that could lead to cheating
    2) Current generations are clearly less religious than prior generations. Without a moral code that includes "Thou shall not commit adultery" and "Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife", on what moral basis would someone decide that cheating is wrong?
    3) People getting married for the wrong reasons.
    4) People being selfish and putting their immediate gratification above all else. They often don't consider the undeserved pain they inflict on their spouse and children when they cheat.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

7+ Year Old Account
    Partially because the breakdown of the family unit and feminist ideals pushing women to be "strong independent" women and to not be ashamed of being a slut.

Not to mention a culture that promotes instant-gratification over long term investments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Partially because the breakdown of the family unit and feminist ideals pushing women to be "strong independent" women and to not be ashamed of being a slut.

Not to mention a culture that promotes instant-gratification over long term investments.
    It's like a get rich fast scheme. Women know they will hit the wall at 35ish and by the time they are 40 barely anyone would want to date them in the scope of forming a LTR, yet they see the media and society telling them to go on the dating road and have as any experience as possible with no compromise or any mature goals. Then they end up at 40 single, no kinds, can barely have any kids, <no good men> out there willing to take them. So they blame society by indoctrinating it again, joining academia, teaching to 18-20s that their way is good, because accepting it's a failure means they are a failure.

Every and any study shows the higher number of sexual encounters and partners the lower chance of marriage or the marriage to last, aka be part of a nuclear healty family.

15+ Year Old Account
    Humans beings are bonobos with top hats. We carry a ton of our genetic heritage into the modern world, but fundamentally sex is part of why we exist, and it wouldn't make any biological sense to put a lifetimes worth of work (your life) into a single basket (a single partner).

Now, we live in the modern world, and we are at the cusp of where we can - through force of will - deny our nature or idealize a better solution and demand that we collectively adhere: that's why monoamory works for the last few centuries - but it is still a fight against our nature to some degree.

At a more sociological level though, cheating occurs because people aren't mature enough to recognize they aren't able to commit to monoamory, want the benefits of polyamory, but are too childish to have that hard talk with their partner. In a better more mature world, we wouldn't have less polyamory - but less people being dishonest about it.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post

Because sex is disgusting, sex between different people is disgusting or sex without the immediate concern for life is disgusting?

I mean, your answer doesn't matter. I'm just trying to point out your hypocrisy.
    Well if you got no problem with that then why don't you just go out naked on the street and have sex with everyone you met on your way out. Good luck. I'm done.

It's not new of course as it has been happening for decades but I think it's worse now.

Fewer and fewer people actually care anymore. It's more about what they can get for themselves.

The, "Imma get mine." mentality.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because feminism
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Given little to no consequence, people WILL do bad things. There's no consequences to cheating.

If you're married you're going to get child support/alimony even if you cheat ( more so as a woman ) and if you're not married you can just find yourself a better partner anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Every and any study shows the higher number of sexual encounters and partners the lower chance of marriage or the marriage to last, aka be part of a nuclear healty family.
    You seem to have this backwards. The problem is society pushing "values" that are contrary to human nature.

Lack of religion seems to be causing lack of morality and responsibility.
    Appears not everyone can be a moral responsible atheist like I once thought they could.

It's not normal. Everyone that says it's normal is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Lack of religion seems to be causing lack of morality and responsibility.
    Appears not everyone can be a moral responsible atheist like I once thought they could.
    You do not need to be religious to be morally responsible. That's just a reflection of that person, which religion wouldn't have changed anyways. Most religious people are just as amoral as what you believe atheists to be, they just hide it better.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet