Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It is interesting how so many people of the vanilla crowd, now that vanilla is finally an undertaking, do not want vanilla to be authentic, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Didn't they say they were hiring a whole new team to work on classic realms, such that it wouldn't impact live at all?
    I don't know... its your thread and your assumption. Perhaps you could provide evidence to back up your claims? Discussion 101.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Didn't they say they were hiring a whole new team to work on classic realms, such that it wouldn't impact live at all?
    Yes, they did. But that team's job is to make WoW Classic compatible with their new infrastructure....not to develop and implement new content.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    It is interesting how so many people of the vanilla crowd, now that vanilla is finally an undertaking, do not want vanilla to be authentic, at all.
    I actually don't think that's true at all. I think the original crowd is perfectly satisfied with releasing classic sans changes.

It appears that a new group of "enthusiasts" has emerged that want what I call Vanilla+ or Classic+. I find the sincerity of this group to be highly suspect. First, these folks rarely post on an older account. More often than not, if someone posts something about wanting additional features included that weren't in the original 2004 release, they come from a user/poster with less than 100 posts. There were some heavy discussions for those in support of Classic servers, when Nostralius was shut down, and it came from longstanding members of this community. (more than 100 posts with a birthdate much earlier than November 2017). I have a feeling that many of these people are those that were vehemently opposed to classic servers, but now that it is a possibility they are jumping on the bandwagon (but still have the same issues with classic that they voice when they were in opposition) thus, they want the "+" in Classic+, and have simply created another account, rather than simply apologizing for being dicks about it several months ago.

I was one of those dicks who opposed vanilla servers, but I don't give a fuck what you guys think, and I don't apologize to anyone... ever. Glass canon PvP truly excites me, and I wear my hypocrite badge with pride!

I don't think the amount of posts mean much. I only come here throughout the years when I don't have an account and unable to post on WoW forums but want to talk about the game. At some point over time I get tired of waiting and go play a game instead of being a keyboard warrior in forums until its about launch time and I want to discuss some things more.

As far as "purists" I feel like they sit in 3 different camps. 1 camp secretly wants changes but is scared what blizzard will do and how far they will go with the changes. 2nd camp has rose tinted glasses on, is feeding off of nostalgia, and is in denial about most QoL changes that doesn't affect the gameplay or social structure of the game would have absolutely no impact, would actually make the game more enjoyable, and increase the player base or longevity. 3rd camp is the ones that know exactly what to do in the game and have a specific plan with one of a couple playable raid or pvp specs and doesn't want the competition from other specs to ruin that plan.

I sit in between the first "purist" camp and the want of QoL changes. I am scared how far blizzard will take it but at the same time I realize how much better of a game and how much more enjoyable it could be with some changes to certain things.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    ANY development effort made on Classic will make me question Why wasn't it made on classic.

One brand-new dungeon made for Classic WoW? Why aren't those devs working on Live WoW instead? Unless Classic WoW gets it's own subscription - with a sub dedicated to the classic servers, it should, indeed, get development, because why the fudge would it need a sub? The game is done!

Assuming you're still chimping it

Man, you're on to something. Maybe.. get this, maybe they could add ALL of Outland. Yeah. Maybe cool instances.. Hellfire Citadel, Black Temple anyone?? YO what if they even.. increased the level cap, too?? Maybe to 70? DAMN BRO. Get on it Blizz.

Weren't there a few dungeon maps that were kinda half-made during vanilla but ended up coming in bc? I think it was Black Morass, and perhaps some other one..

Not saying they should come in, but seeing a hellfire peninsula raid like they'd envisioned would be neat to see.

But I feel like we should wait and see how the classic realms turn out and are received before trying to decide if any additional end-game content should come through later.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it shouldn't.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I wouldn’t expect any content unless Vanilla servers somehow exceed live servers in popularity.

So far they’ve said nothing that would indicate they’re dedicating anything more than a fraction of their resources to Classic servers

Deleted
    Of course not.

Deleted
    As someone who's probably a "purist" I think it would be really cool if we saw the content they wanted to add in vanilla, but never got around to implementing. It would completely change the game though, so understandable that people will be against it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    As interesting as this is to think about. I belive its hard to have a real sence of comment on this when we're still perhaps almsot 2 years from Classic relase, to talk about a future change like 5 years down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    I cant tell if hes serious or what.

They have a dedicated team to classic. Your free epic game you play now will not be hindered. (I can be sarcastic as well.)

OT, no, additions like this are not necesssary.

It would be interesting. But no.
    An asset team is different then a server team. A level design team is different then a server team. Classic isn't getting those things, so yes it would impact live if they did that.

Could be fun later down the line if enough people ask for it, but they've already stated that Classic will be "Classic". So at the very least, at release the game will be 'normal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    Weren't there a few dungeon maps that were kinda half-made during vanilla but ended up coming in bc? I think it was Black Morass, and perhaps some other one..

Not saying they should come in, but seeing a hellfire peninsula raid like they'd envisioned would be neat to see.

But I feel like we should wait and see how the classic realms turn out and are received before trying to decide if any additional end-game content should come through later.
    This is a draft of Black Morass : http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Black_...DVD_Morass.jpg
    It looks like it was supposed to be a zone with two subzones, Swamp of Sorrows and Tainted Lands but it got split into the modern SoS and Blasted Lands. You can see the temple of atal'hakkar and the dark portal on the draft. So I don't think anything was lost with that.
    But as I write my message I realize you probably mean the Caverns of Time dungeon that was indeed in Vanilla files.
    I would not mind to see a few places, but only years after release and with great care to keep the spirit.
    But never the TBC Outland. An Hellfire Peninsula without mushrooms ? Heresy. But even the old one was not very good. The original plan was a single Outland zone and the opening of the Dark Portal was to be a Server-wide event like AQ opening. Then there would be a zone with the Black Temple as raid (all of it in Hellfire Peninsula like WC3 so much smaller than TBC Outland). Honestly it does not seem good enough and a wasted potential when you see WC2's Draenor map so I'm glad they did not release that.

So, after multiple years, yes for very small things, no for big stuff with a too big potential of changing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    Man, you're on to something. Maybe.. get this, maybe they could add ALL of Outland. Yeah. Maybe cool instances.. Hellfire Citadel, Black Temple anyone?? YO what if they even.. increased the level cap, too?? Maybe to 70? DAMN BRO. Get on it Blizz.
    you are an idiot and probably started playing wow in patch 7.2

fuck off

The scope of the Classic WoW team is to get the servers up and running. Finishing content that never made it into Vanilla is outside of that scope.

Realisitically, most of the people that play Classic WoW will never even finish all the content that was available.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by naisz View Post
    On one hand this sounds like a tempting idea, sure.. but this would work as it would really mess up the progression. Imagine 3 years from now, blizzard and the community decides that the classic servers progress to TBC. With all the missing content added this simply wouldnt work or would lead to a redevelopement of all following expansions. Let classic just be.
    These zones which never made it to any sort of retail are something we as players can dream about how it would have played, whatsoever.
    And sinze Emerald Dream is kind of part of Legion, Mount Hyjal is Cata, and Outland in TBC, these zones where realised and developed. just different than what was planned in classic.
    Imo the better idea for them would to be to just open a new server for just BC and so forth. So that people don't feel rushed to complete vanilla as it will always be there or for newer players who want to go to a vanilla server. However having an option of copying a toon from say vanilla to BC could fix the problem of people wanting to progress their toons.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You "new team" is a maintenance crew to get classic running without the servers imploding and sending Irvine to the fifth dimension, not an actual, big team of developers.
    It's more likely a team to:
    a) Enhance the current code's ability to do phasing/versioning/backwards-compatibility (phasing already exists, versioning is an extension to that) (By current, I predict a classic Beta around 8.1's release)
    b) Port old content to current code
    c) Manage ongoing suite of progression servers

So the team is likely a bit more than your statement suggests... but the half of your statement noting no new content developers is likely correct.