Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big is a relative word so what one person thinks are a lot of changes another might not. I think most people were waiting for the talent tree changes as blizzard shows off during blizz con or shortly thereafter and so there is this bit of a let down or feeling that nothing is going to change about their respective class.

Personally I like the direction that most of the specs are going in. Obviously we all know the specs that are in most dire need of attention more that likely due to the major overhaul they got during legion, survival we are all looking at you. Which is more than likely the reason there won’t be any major reworks this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    That things are hard, doesn't necessarily make them good. Maybe snapshotting was not intended to be a skill you were supposed to master, and Blizzard wanted to add "class mastery" in a different way. They shouldn't keep something that they don't like.

Why have something you will never need? It's just clutter. Fine, I can ignore something useless, but the best solution is just to remove it, and rather re-implement it later into something that you can use. When I make a program, I don't keep functions and classes I didn't need in the final product, they go in the bin.
    I think "useless" abilities are fine provided they add flavor to the class. Lock picking on Rogues for example. Further, it's not like they couldn't be made into useful out of combat abilities. Blizzard just needs to utilize them in instances/etc.

I don't understand why everyone always want big reworks every expansion. The arguement to keep things fresh so people don't get bored of the same spells and rotations is dumb, just play another class. That's exactly why there are different classes with different specs, so there's plenty of different play styles. Just because you're attached to one toon doesn't mean it needs rehauling every couple of years... If anything that just pushes people away from the game

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why everyone always want big reworks every expansion. The arguement to keep things fresh so people don't get bored of the same spells and rotations is dumb, just play another class. That's exactly why there are different classes with different specs, so there's plenty of different play styles. Just because you're attached to one toon doesn't mean it needs rehauling every couple of years... If anything that just pushes people away from the game

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The risk of doing this is always that they fuck up a class that people like. If I like how a class plays, why do I want it drastically changed? If I don't like how a class plays after two years, why would I be playing it still?

The other thing is that they'll add talents to a class as it levels which is the right way to alter a class that's not flat out broken. That maintains and even reinforces the fantasy that you are still you but as you gain new power (levels), you learn new things.
    But still, most overhauls are basically just refinements. As a warrior, I still have most of my skills, it's just that they are slightly different than before. I don't feel like I'm a mage, a hunter, a paladin or anything like that. And I don't think I have any good examples of a class being destroyed, as in not fun to play anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I think "useless" abilities are fine provided they add flavor to the class. Lock picking on Rogues for example. Further, it's not like they couldn't be made into useful out of combat abilities. Blizzard just needs to utilize them in instances/etc.
    Sure, but I don't think those are the skills that are in question here. Corpse explosion for DK that does absolutely nothing is just a fun thing that should stay in the game. I mean the skills that compete with other skills in the rotation for pure damage/healing, and lose. These skills don't add anything but confusion and annoyance.
    Mother pus bucket!

I hope they change/unprune Shadow Priest so I can have fun playing it again (specially in PvP). :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    But still, most overhauls are basically just refinements. As a warrior, I still have most of my skills, it's just that they are slightly different than before. I don't feel like I'm a mage, a hunter, a paladin or anything like that. And I don't think I have any good examples of a class being destroyed, as in not fun to play anymore.
    1) Are you the same as you were in Cata or MoP? Or different? It feels to me like we've seen some classes change a lot over that time. My Balance Druid is ver different and my Hunter is way different. Speaking of hunter....

2) talk about a class being destroyed... If you liked SV as a ranged spec, Legion was a Fuck You to that when they took a spec for a ranged class and made it MELEE. MM is very different and it took them months to start to get it right. I don't know about destroyed, bt Combat rogue is quite different now (and I don't just mean the name change). For some players who like the way the specs were before this change, the drastic alterations did, yeah, kind of destroy the spec for them.

The other issue is... why drastically alter specs or classes? It's kind of immersion breaking actually - "You were this... You spend years learning these skills... now, for no reason, you have very different skills." Sure, gameplay > lore etc but still... it's disrespectful to take the years of effort and identification with a class that players have built and remove it. I played SV hunter from Wrath on.... and dropped the class entirely this expansion because I didn't want to melee (I have other melee toons if I want to do that) and I didn't like MM (I've never liked BM). Thanks Blizz...

I disagree, classes needs to be revitalized every couple of years, so you don't get sick and tired of the same skills and rotations. It doesn't matter that they are "fine". You can always do more to differentiate the specs, and make them feel more close to the spec fantasy.
    Some of us picked a class in Vanilla or at least way back for a reason, and we don't feel like switching class (which a huge redesign basically means) every expansion. If some of you are genuinely tired of a spec you can always reroll ahead of an expansion, but unless a spec actually needs a huge redesign I think it causes way more problems than it fixes to keep chopping away at things like they did in Legion. Fix what's broken, don't do too much to the rest.

Deleted
    If they don't either
    1) make SV ranged again
    2) swap BM with SV, make BM a Rexxar tank
    they can shove it.

Deleted
    Oh please... You can't appriciate all the other stuff? Like the new races? Awesome zones(by the looks of it)

And btw. Maybe not big class changes but surely some changes will come to classes.

If you think about it there is alot to look forward to. I just hope they speed up release date :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    Oh please... You can't appriciate all the other stuff? Like the new races? Awesome zones(by the looks of it)

And btw. Maybe not big class changes but surely some changes will come to classes.

If you think about it there is alot to look forward to. I just hope they speed up release date :P
    If the classes are shit, everything else is also shit. This is why pruning was the worst thing they did to the game. I wouldn't even give a shit about things like RNG etc. if the classes were still fun.

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    If the classes are shit, everything else is also shit. This is why pruning was the worst thing they did to the game. I wouldn't even give a shit about things like RNG etc. if the classes were still fun.
    I've always played healer and I don't think we were as hit hard by pruning, because I just don't understand why people hate pruning so much. What was pruned that you missed? Can you compare the abilities you used before to now? I just don't get how it actually changed the way you play the game.
    "Please find my dear friends.
    Dead or Alive" -redmakoto

removing 6 abilities off my bars always gets me hyped!

For all we know, there could still be class changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    why exactly do you need BIG class changes when almost all of them are fine?

P.S: I said ALMOST, not all of them.
    What do you mean? Specs, for the most part, are in a really bad state.
    WoW classes have not been this dull in ages.

Im fine with some tweaks. I would really like Survival if it didnt feel so damn clunky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Tbh I don't even get what your talking about. I think the classes are fun. Sure maybe they can make some improvements to a few classes but still. It's not that big of a deal.

But if thats the problem you got then I guess I can't persuade you :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Not too long ago every major patch did some pretty significant class changes here and there, it's pretty sad to see that never really happens anymore.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

No changes actually built up my hype.

So tired of FOTM shit because Blizzard can't get it tuned right. One patch X class is best, next patch X class is trash because of nerfs. Tired of that cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    I've always played healer and I don't think we were as hit hard by pruning, because I just don't understand why people hate pruning so much. What was pruned that you missed? Can you compare the abilities you used before to now? I just don't get how it actually changed the way you play the game.
    The short version is: A lot of the playstyle went from active to passive.

There aren't things to keep track of; many effects that you needed to apply actively have been either turned into passive effects or removed entirely. For example Windwalkers used to have effects on their rotational abilities which applied buffs/debuffs (armor pen, flat dmg increase, additional dmg/healing depending on whether you stand in front or behind the target) that would increase your damage for a short period of time which gave every ability a distinct functionality. You couldn't just spam your builder/spender and perform on the same level as someone who kept track of these effects. Abilities had way more depth to them and were much more versatile. Abilities like Chi Explosion even had different effects based on the amount of Chi you used to cast the ability. Chi torpedo could be used as a gap closer or a high damage burst cooldown if you jumped at the right time in order to avoid the actual movement effect (it was really fun because it felt like playing an actual fighting game which is of course brilliant when it comes to the WW class fantasy. Now it's just the movement effect and no DD even picks the talent (at least when it comes to PvP)). With the old Storm, Earth & Fire you could pick a target and send a clone of yourself to split your damage on up to 3 three targets. It was a brilliant ability and it required a lot of practice to master (now it's a simple burst CD and the clones target random enemies or your main target and it's also clunky as hell in PvP). Every single thing I've listed already made WW more complex than it is now but there was an additional underlying mechanic that made the spec even more fun because it tied everything together. Tigereye Brew (TEB) was your burst CD and your mastery at the same time. Your mastery increased the chance of gaining a stack of TEB for every Chi you spent and also abilities like Chi Explosion would give you a guaranteed stack if you used 3 or more Chi with a maximum of 20 stacks. Up to 10 stacks of TEB could be used for a 60% (6% per stack) dmg and healing increase for a few seconds (I believe it was 12 or 15). This made the ability extremely versatile because you could use it to actually heal for a decent amount (which was especially fun in PvP whereas now most of your healing is passive and effuse (your casted heal) heals for about 1%) and it also didn't have a CD because it was solely tied to your management of the stacks. Now you have either Storm, Earth & Fire (which I mentioned above) with 2 stacks (1.1 min recharge) or Serenity which gives you 40% (16%) damage increase for 8 seconds (1.1 min CD) and free Chi spenders with 50% CD reduction. The rotation also changed to something that is very similar to every other melee in the game. You have a builder that deals almost no damage, a spender that deals moderate damage and 3-4 high damage spenders with a 9-40 second CD (which is basically every melee in the game). The only thing you have to pay attention to is to not press the same button twice in a row. That's it.

Damn, the more I think about it the more it feels like a completely different game...

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    Tbh I don't even get what your talking about. I think the classes are fun. Sure maybe they can make some improvements to a few classes but still. It's not that big of a deal.

But if thats the problem you got then I guess I can't persuade you :P
    Well, it's a matter of taste after all.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-12-04 at 11:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaghatagh View Post
    They said reworks for some specs are coming and that more utility was going to be added back. Those are pretty BIG changes, I'd say.

BfA is gonna be in development for like another year. It's not coming out next week. Patience.
    I hope so. Otherwise, it will be a lot of fun fighting against this new and improved AI with these terribly pruned classes /s