Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aekero View Post
    fairly certain they'll get rid of them....I'm really hoping they do, I don't want to be doing legion order hall missions in bfa. I know it's a choice but free money is free money
    um... just like Garrison they will remove the money aspect of it i am sure

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I would have preferred if our order halls took it from us after our meddling in renewed faction conflict.. Something along the lines ''We forbid you to use this powerful artifact on petty faction conflict, greater evil awaits us. Until then, the artifact will be in our safekeeping.''

Because right now, the artifacts will be gone, no further development. We will never hear of Ashbringer or Doomhammer ever again.
    Most class halls would be bathed in blood if they tried that no way a Dk dh warlock warrior shadow priest etc would let them take there weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    But, are they fully allied with the Horde?

It appears from what I've read that these "allies" aren't fully joining the Alliance or Horde like a "member" race such as Dwarf or Tauren. They entire race is remaining ostensibly neutral but allowing either the Horde or the Alliance to recruit their citizens through an embassy type system. This would seem to give them enough wiggle room to remain on at least passable terms with the opposing faction.
    Lady Liadrin: Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner, this is First Arcanist Thalyssra of Suramar.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: An honor, Warchief. I have fought alongside both Lady Liadrin and the regent lord. Their courage is a credit to your Horde.
    Sylvanas Windrunner: Indeed, First Arcanist.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: The Horde embodies strength. Determination. Individuality. Traits we shal'dorei value as well.
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: It is time for the nightborne to find allies among the kingdoms of Azeroth. If you will have us, we would be proud to pledge our forces to your cause.
    Sylvanas Windrunner: For millennia Suramar stood alone. This day, you become part of something greater. I accept your oath of service, Thalyssra.
    First Arcanist Thalysrra: Suramar stands with the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Ideally
    1. Argus the Unmaker should have been stronger
    2. We sacrifice our weapons in an all out attack that kills him
    3. Our weapons are destroyed
    4. Sarg would have just stabbed the planet, not leaving his sword behind
    5. We go back to Azeroth to fight for the lifeblood of the planet, the plot of BFA (Druids and Shamans begin to seal the wound)
    6. Upon returning to Azeroth we have the greatest weapon smiths build us temporary weapons for the battle to come
    7. Upon arriving to Zandalar/Kul Tiras we get questing greens/blues and so on, the old weapon system.
    I would have loved if they introduced a weapon forging system that allowed us to make a weapon and give us random skins to pick for the "unlocking" like the Artifact skins. I think they nailed it in Legion, because lets be real, weapons will just be BiS picks now, which is boring. At least with the rune system you had to balance the effect, + the Shadowforge tree, + itemlevel into the equation. It's felt like a proper risk vs reward choice. Now it's just going to be back to the old, I'm running this dungeon 16 times for the mace that drops because it's near BiS for me until we talk about Mythic raid xyz...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    You're saying I have no choice...I MUST destroy the Artifact Weapon that I've poured my life into for the last year, done thousands of world quests to power up, and spent countless hours unlocking all the appearances?
    You keep all the appearances you unlocked for transmog, and you can still go back and get most of the appearances after the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suspected as much. I hope Blizzard has a good cutscene or in-game cinematic to help it feel worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard what happens with our order halls. I know the garrison gold making was nerfed because you actually never had to leave your garrison if you set it up properly. However the gold from an order hall can be significant but it takes a decent amount of work to set up. I mainly want to find out if it is going to get nerfed into the ground or if it will remain viable going forward, along with the rogue pick pocket weekly.
    They'll remove the gold missions from the class hall, same as they did with the garrison when 7.0 went live. It's been a given since even before Legion's release and why I've been running hard the class hall on all my characters from the outset of the expansion.

As it's been stated that the follower system is not being carried over (yet again) to BfA... Makes me wonder how I'll pay for the WoW tokens that I rely on.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2017-12-04 at 07:01 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Is there really any way this could have been pulled off that wasn't lame?
    We should have sacrificed them to create Sargeras's prison, IMO. Much more satisfying to use them to defeat the final boss than to absorb the corruption from his sword.

Something about this version just makes me imagine Sargeras right clicking on all of our weapons in his inventory to take our Artifact Power and level up his own Artifact, unlocking the "Uncorrupted Gorshalach" appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    We should have sacrificed them to create Sargeras's prison, IMO. Much more satisfying to use them to defeat the final boss than to absorb the corruption from his sword.

Something about this version just makes me imagine Sargeras right clicking on all of our weapons in his inventory to take our Artifact Power and level up his own Artifact, unlocking the "Uncorrupted Gorshalach" appearance.
    That would be inconsistent with us playing with our weapons for almost a year after Sargeras' end.

Ideally
    1. Argus the Unmaker should have been stronger
    2. We sacrifice our weapons in an all out attack that kills him
    3. Our weapons are destroyed
    4. Sarg would have just stabbed the planet, not leaving his sword behind
    5. We go back to Azeroth to fight for the lifeblood of the planet, the plot of BFA (Druids and Shamans begin to seal the wound)
    6. Upon returning to Azeroth we have the greatest weapon smiths build us temporary weapons for the battle to come
    7. Upon arriving to Zandalar/Kul Tiras we get questing greens/blues and so on, the old weapon system.
    If we sacrificed our weapons to kill Argus, how would we continue to run the raid? Just running it once with our artifacts and needing to run it for the rest of the expansion with different weapons makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I shall forever be the Mortal to have destroyed Sargeras' Blade.

...Noice....
    Until they retcon it so some of their main characters did it. See Onyxia, most of Kharazan and so forth. In the end player's chars will only be remembered for doing the "collect X creature poop" quests.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard what happens with our order halls. I know the garrison gold making was nerfed because you actually never had to leave your garrison if you set it up properly. However the gold from an order hall can be significant but it takes a decent amount of work to set up. I mainly want to find out if it is going to get nerfed into the ground or if it will remain viable going forward, along with the rogue pick pocket weekly.
    Personally I'm hoping they keep them relevant somehow. Would be nice if they gave all the classes their Order Hall teleports from the 7.0 PTR back, and give you maybe a weekly quest or something to complete X number of world quests or something for some minor reward. After they put so much effort into giving each class its own hall, it would be a real waste if we never had a reason to go back to them again.

10+ Year Old Account

Why is that less lame? You're just changing when and why?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Why is that less lame? You're just changing when and why?
    Because the when and why would be more epic? Or do you think that us accidentally dropping them in the Dalaran sewer would also be "just changing when and why?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the when and why would be more epic? Or do you think that us accidentally dropping them in the Dalaran sewer would also be "just changing when and why?"
    No I think any device that causes ALL of us to give them up is pretty lame. As noted later in this thread they were crafted at very different times, for very different reasons and it makes zero sense that ALL of us would need to "give them up" or "sacrifice them" unless they were somehow tied to the titan himself.

Essentially ANY scenario in which we ditch some of the most powerful artifacts this world has ever seen... is stupid. Concerns that were raised back when Legion was originally announced given that it was also made known shorty after that our possession of such artifacts would be finite.

Personally, I find the only plausible scenario, is that the artifacts are housed in our class halls for future heroes, should THE threat or worse threats present themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    So, after the first time you kill Argus, you give up your artifact? There's practically 12 months between the time you kill Argus to when the expansion will even release. Just gonna punch things to death until then?

What about, like, the year we have ahead of us? People would be complaining about that, just like everything else.

They did the best they could.
    Upon returning back to Azeroth we have new weapons made for us by blacksmiths, weapons that are strong enough for the intro of bfa

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dross View Post
    If we sacrificed our weapons to kill Argus, how would we continue to run the raid? Just running it once with our artifacts and needing to run it for the rest of the expansion with different weapons makes no sense.
    Thats not Cannon

Upon clearing the raid once your weapons would be 'destroyed' according to the lore, you still get to keep them.

Think of it as sacrificing your weapons to kill Argus on Monday, and the next expansion coming out on Tuesday
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope there's more to it than just using our weapons to become janitors. The Shadow Priest weapon should literally tell you to fuck off and explode as a world boss or escape in to the void as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those new racial icons look boring compared to the old ones.
    The night elf one is a clear downgrade.

Upon returning back to Azeroth we have new weapons made for us by blacksmiths, weapons that are strong enough for the intro of bfa

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not Cannon

Upon clearing the raid once your weapons would be 'destroyed' according to the lore, you still get to keep them.

Think of it as sacrificing your weapons to kill Argus on Monday, and the next expansion coming out on Tuesday
    So what about the 50+ times I'm going to kill Argus in between now and then?

There's a cinematic that takes my weapon away, and upon returning to Dalaran... it's magically equipped again? Until BFA?

I'm of the mindset that there's NO way they could have done this well. But this idea has a pretty big hole in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    So what about the 50+ times I'm going to kill Argus in between now and then?

There's a cinematic that takes my weapon away, and upon returning to Dalaran... it's magically equipped again? Until BFA?

I'm of the mindset that there's NO way they could have done this well. But this idea has a pretty big hole in it.
    In the lore, Argus is killed once, not 50+ times. While it wouldn't make sense from a gameplay standpoint, lorewise it would.

Deleted
    New race icons are totally crappy. They lack character. Like blood elf male or male orc. New ones are bland and meh.