Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes, but we defeated Argus' world soul before they could reform. KJ is dead now. He wasn't able to come back.
    You ASSUME we defeated Agus before they could we have no idea how fast the process is its been months since KJ died and more than a year since Archimonde.

Their souls at the very least would have been kept from the afterlife so they can slowly reform in the nether naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes. He's dead. It was "our" Archimonde and we killed him in the Twisting Nether.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)
    this makes no sence. The cutscene clearly shows us Archimonde dying on draenor AND guldan being thrown into the gateway. If the cutscene is non-canon, then how the hell did guldan get away from us and end up kidnapping illidan?

And since legion actually happend it whould then be impossible for archimonde to be dead..
    gg blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    this makes no sence. The cutscene clearly shows us Archimonde dying on draenor AND guldan being thrown into the gateway. If the cutscene is non-canon, then how the hell did guldan get away from us and end up kidnapping illidan?

And since legion actually happend it whould then be impossible for archimonde to be dead..
    gg blizz.
    Gul'dan tripped and fel () into the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    2, killed in fel corrupted areas, dead for good.."
    what about highlord kruul he died in hellfire and he returned in legion

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Hence, Chronicle retconning it, since prior lore stated they were dead.
    There was absolutely no lore prior to Chronicle that stated any sort of fate of the Titans except that they were somewhere out in the cosmos. Chronicle was the first time we learnt they were dead.

If multiverse stories are too complicated for you you'd better never read any Marvel or DC comics, ever. Your head would asplode.
    Heh.

Take it away, Stephen. Tell us how the multiverse works.

Did you get all that?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

gg blizz.
    was wondering the same, Kosak seems clueless tbh.

i do believe Archi is not really dead, they are probably not finished with him, i wont be surprised if he came back to free his lord from the titan grip at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    You ASSUME we defeated Agus before they could we have no idea how fast the process is its been months since KJ died and more than a year since Archimonde.

Their souls at the very least would have been kept from the afterlife so they can slowly reform in the nether naturally.
    I really doubt it's been months since we defeated KJ. The lore has us going there almost immediately.

Also, their souls would have no physical way to regenerate anymore. The thing that was keeping them alive was Argus. He's not there anymore... I don't think they would just fly away somewhere else. The lore even talked about how defeating Argus and stopping the operation at Antorus would end the regeneration process. They make it sound like all of those souls will just be lost.

- - - Updated - - -

gg blizz.
    I mean, they fucked up this expansion REALLY badly. So badly that they didn't even realize that the cutscene doesn't work for Mythic which has always been shown to be the canon event. Cho'gall REALLY did die in that Mythic only Imperator phase. Sinestra REALLY did die in Bastion of Twilight. Ragnaros was canonically killed off when he was slain in the heroic only phase during Firelands... The fact that they made the cutscene the way they did KNOWING how the fight would play out on Mythic is just ridiculous. So.. I don't know what the implications are, but he definitely dies in the Nether in his mythic encounter. They just didn't make the cutscene work for the canon events for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I really doubt it's been months since we defeated KJ. The lore has us going there almost immediately.

Also, their souls would have no physical way to regenerate anymore. The thing that was keeping them alive was Argus. He's not there anymore... I don't think they would just fly away somewhere else. The lore even talked about how defeating Argus and stopping the operation at Antorus would end the regeneration process. They make it sound like all of those souls will just be lost.

- - - Updated - - -
    So we instantly got on a ship and flew to Argus to defeat the legion immediatly after arriving? No it took time to prepare for the assault, built a foothold, and then fight them all the way back to Antorus.

Demon souls have always regenerated on their own they did so long before Sargeras found Argus. Demons will still retain their ability to reform in the nether even without Argus. The souls Argus had saved from the afterlife would not be forced to return with his death they would remain in the area to regenerate slowly on their own.

The reason the Legion is defeated is because of the chaotic nature of the nether it will take too long for demons to regenerate and they will be scattered throughout the Nether which makes it hard to form a standing army.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2017-12-04 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    what about highlord kruul he died in hellfire and he returned in legion
    I'm assuming you mean Doom Lord Kazzak cause Highlord Kruul died in Azeroth. My guess is HFP wasn't quite concentrated enough to perma kill him, but it was probably close. Unlike other demons he needed help, a lot of help, to try to revive.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm assuming you mean Doom Lord Kazzak cause Highlord Kruul died in Azeroth. My guess is HFP wasn't quite concentrated enough to perma kill him, but it was probably close. Unlike other demons he needed help, a lot of help, to try to revive.
    Kruul came back as a challenge mode for tank specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Well it makes no sense that he is but apparently he is.

It makes no sense because we actually went back in time in WoD, we didn't just go another realm.

We went back in time to before the Dark Portal opened. So if we killed Archimonde back in time in WoD then he never could have been in Warcraft 3. Which is obviously a pretty major paradox for everything in World of Warcraft.

It also means that Mannoroth had to be in two places at the same time and if WoD happened minutes before our timeline happened then he couldn't of been at the drinking event in our Draenor because Grommash killed him. It must also be pretty tiring reliving the same event an unlimited amount of times as a single entity.

Let's just not talk about WoD, Blizzard are fucking retarded.
    We killed our time Archimonde, not a 30 years younger version

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You just said why I'm right yet you started your post with "No."

Draenor happened before The Battle of Mt. Hyjal so how can Archimonde be at the Mt. Hyjal if he died before it happened? Well he can't. WC3 can never of happened because we killed Archimonde before it happened because we went back in time and killed him before WC3.
    to put it as simply as I can..
    Archimonde went back in time the same as we did. and he died then.
    if our players died on draenor, everything after wc2 doesn't just stop happening. It already happened. the Us that died isn't from that timeline, we died after we went to the past.

If you go into your own past( maybe 10 years into the past) and future you dies in the past, the you from the past doesn't suddenly die.

Kazzak and Kruul because Kruul slained by illidan in hellfire in illidan novel
    and where is the source that say demons die from fel concentrated area and HFP was concentrated by fel nearly the whole planet is

To be honest, my guess is that the key is the Black Gate Gul'dan used to bring Archimonde into AU Draenor.

Gul'dan got sucked through that gate and ended up in (then-)current Azeroth. And since Archimonde came through that particular gate as well, it would make sense that he was from the (then-)current timeline as well.

They should've just expanded on that idea and kept the entire "the Burning Legion exists across all planes" crap to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Kazzak and Kruul because Kruul slained by illidan in hellfire in illidan novel
    and where is the source that say demons die from fel concentrated area and HFP was concentrated by fel nearly the whole planet is
    The whole fel-concentrated mess is garbage. Tichondrius died in Felwood but came back. Mannoroth died in a fel-infested cannon in Ashenvale and still cams back.

The whole thing needs to be reconned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I wish WoW wouldn't have brought in the multiverse stuff.
    Any story that branches off into cosmic level beings and/or dabble in time travel will eventually bring in multiverse stories. It's unavoidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

They did the same thing with the Star Trek movies.

All of the events, including the TV show, the movies, everything that led the Leonard Nemoy version of Spock to the point in which he went back in time still exist. But when he was sent back in time, it created a divergent timeline. That divergent timeline became the new movies. Which puts Spock on a different path. Both realities still exist, because you need to bring the old Spock into the past to create the new reality.

The big difference here is that the demons of the Legion can exist across ALL of these realities as a singular being. So the events that led to the defeat of Archimonde at Mt. Hyjal are still canon, as is his death in WoD. If the WoD timeline affected MU Azeroth, then killing Ner'zhul in a dungeon would mean the Lich King would cease to exist.

This is also the basic plot of Back to the Future 2. Here is a youtube video explaining the basic idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlWpE-9TH1s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yes. He's dead. It was "our" Archimonde and we killed him in the Twisting Nether.
    did they at least ever give a fuck to explain how exactly AU Archimonde is same as MU Archimonde, while Velen had 2 versions ? Or how exactly the mighty titans are different in each universe, while their underlings are same ?
    I know they didn't and they sh8t on lore for fun, but maybe maybe i missed that part or something, they promised explanation when legion launch, but - surprise - still waiting
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    So it is like 2 ways of time travel is through bronze powers and twisting nether , however with bronze powers u physically go back in time and would be able to see yourself whereas if u a demon that exists in the twisting nether u cannot do that although u can time travel freely
    Last edited by mmoc0e2bb9485a; 2017-12-04 at 11:52 PM.