Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    No, the topic's drift was whether Twitter banning Trump would create a free speech limitation, which it wouldn't - not that we'll ever find out as long as he's driving business their way.
    Yes the TOPIC's drift. He literally responded to someone claiming that free speech shouldn't work for X when X is flat out wrong. While free speech, you are totally right, has nothing to do with Twitter nor with this thread, it does make sense to answer to that question with ''Free speech doesn't work that way''.

Maybe if you don't get this particular example, listen to this. Let's say you walk with a little kid fully naked on the nudist beach. Better explain to him that he should put his pants on like all people do when he's in the real world. He doesn't have to put his pants on right there and then, but it's nice to explain to the little kid that he should put his pants on in the real world.

Same counts for this one. It doesn't have anything to do with this topic, but if you are thinking in such a twisted way about free speech, you should be told that you are absolutely crazy in your head and that there is no way of ever landing a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Please be specific on what tweets were racist
    If you cannot see the hate-speech, you're a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Because free speech protections prevent *the government* from limiting your speech except in certain areas.

Do you live in the United States of Twitter? No? Then it's not a free speech issue if Twitter bans you, nor if MMO-C bans you, nor if CNN stops publishing your SMS messages on the scroller.

Jesus fucking christ, people.
    You do know I am referring to the policy Twitter placed right? Come on buddy, stay on track. They choose to provide freedom for those who use their application and have rules that they can enforce if said person violates them. Trump has not violated them and we would be stupid into thinking Twitter is actually "fair" when enforcing these rules to ban or suspend people. Haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Your comment sounds like you are just messing around

Quote Originally Posted by SLSAMG View Post
    No doubt about it that Milo is an enigma. What kind of edgy homosexual would support such vile person like trump anyway?

Right wing and gay is basically an oxymoron. Whatever, it seems to be working for him so I'll give him that. He's still a moron though.
    social conservative+gay is an oxymoron

right wing economics + liberal social policies are getting more popular, which *kinda* is where Trump lands.

Trump is a bit more crass and a bit of that old timeyness in him, but has more or less been indifferent about peoples personal life

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The only reason I can think of is twitter wants to avoid a controversy. Twitter akready unverified a lot of right posters like laura loomer (bitch is crazy but thats another topic). Twitter already has a reputation of bias towards the right. Justified or not.
    THIS! THIS! and 100% THIS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even worth the trouble. Those deluded types are living in a bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Free Speech means speech I agree with
    Thanks for letting us know you agree with white supremacists.

Deleted
    No doubt about it that Milo is an enigma. What kind of edgy homosexual would support such a vile person like trump anyway?

Right wing and gay is basically an oxymoron. Whatever, it seems to be working for him so I'll give him that. He's still a moron though.
    This is the most sexist comment I've probably read my entire life. What a disgraceful comment to every gay person out there. Even if he wasn't gay, which he probably is, who are you to judge who can or can't be gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Expect refusing to bake cakes to Gay couples, that is.
    Hmm. Well to be fair both Donald Trump and that bakery are ignorant and showing open contempt of people who have no choice in how they were born. Such contempt can be seen as support to commit crimes against the people they were said against. Anything that causes harm to oneself or another should never be condoned. So both banning Donald Trump form Twitter and telling a Bakery they must serve all customers sends the message that those types of people are accepted and part of society.
    Last edited by Serendipity_09; 2017-12-04 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou
    Also, Kodo is on fire. Bad Taurens! Fire bad for Kodo! Oh look it's dead now....oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Blizzard, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you spend precious development time making a new, interesting feature and then turn around and try to make money off said development time. I AM ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING YOU EVER MAKE FOR FREE BECAUSE I BOUGHT THAT GAME THAT ONE TIME.
    Credit goes to Chris Hanel of The Daily Blink for the beautiful avatar picture.

Be honest man, you are merely trolling for fun aren't you.

Deleted
    Because everyone who is right wing is a white supremacist? So basically almost every one of our white ancestors was a white supremacist? Because almost everyone in our past would've been as right wing as you can get these days, that's how far to the left we've gone for the past few decades.

Well ok then. Thanks for letting us know your thoughts. I bet your ancestors will be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity_09 View Post
    Hmm. Well to be fair both Donald Trump and that bakery are ignorant and showing open contempt of people who have no choice in how they were born. Such contempt can be seen as support to commit crimes against the pople they were said againt. Anything that causes harm to oneself or another should never be condoned. So both banning Donald Trump form Twitter and telling a Bakery they must serve all customers sends the message that those types of people are accepted and part of society.
    Sorry buddy but this is misleading. Ben Shapiro put it best that if said Bakery does not provide a service that you want then you move on to another Bakery that does. Forcing someone out of business because they don't make the cake you want is using the Gov't as a bat to bully innocent people into doing what you want and going against their beliefs. It seems you are in support of bullying though which is sad but hopefully you are not.

Deleted
    Not even worth the trouble. Those deluded types are living in a bubble.
    Like, the same bubble you are living on by calling everyone who doesn't agree with exactly everything you are saying racist/sexist?

Aaaaah I guess I know which bubble you're talking about. Nah, not living in one. Because I was ''deluded'' as you one day, when I was young and stupid. You on the other hand, I bet you've not really looked into arguments from the other side at all. Do that first, then come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Subjective, no one likes Britain first but the particular video he retweeted was really mild and not even factually incorrect for the most part.

Also frankly, they can do what they like - but any semi-sensible person already knows Twitter doesn't exactly like right wing people/ views - if they did that their traffic/ profit would skyfall. Not to mention the implications of how anti-free speech they would be for doing so.
    Please study up on what free speech actually is. It has nothing to do with message boards run by private entities, which is exactly what twitter is. They can moderate their site as they please. If Twitter was government run, that would completely different. Right or wrong, that's how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Like, the same bubble you are living on by calling everyone who doesn't agree with exactly everything you are saying racist/sexist?

Aaaaah I guess I know which bubble you're talking about. Nah, not living in one. Because I was ''deluded'' as you one day, when I was young and stupid. You on the other hand, I bet you've not really looked into arguments from the other side at all. Do that first, then come back later.
    k

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post

If they want to play the "ignore them, dey is stupid people" card then I will use the PoC card by saying that I used to be just like them. I watched MSM, I was stupid enough into thinking CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc. provided raw facts with no bias but, like you, I grew up as well and realized that MSM does twist the news in their favor and now want to push the news so that they can be first. They want to be first, they don't want to be true anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can they? Yes
    Will they? No

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Please study up on what free speech actually is. It has nothing to do with message boards run by private entities, which is exactly what twitter is. They can moderate their site as they please. If Twitter was government run, that would completely different. Right or wrong, that's how it works.
    Bingo! Someone gets it.

k

/10char
    He isn't wrong though, and you know this... since you replied with a "k".

I have noticed that people who are met with someone who countered their argument and have nothing more to bring to the table then they answer as you have done.

So..... K?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Please read previous comments as this was already touched upon..... that's if you are not lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    Sorry buddy but this is misleading. Ben Shapiro put it best that if said Bakery does not provide a service that you want then you move on to another Bakery that does. Forcing someone out of business because they don't make the cake you want is using the Gov't as a bat to bully innocent people into doing what you want and going against their beliefs. It seems you are in support of bullying though which is sad but hopefully you are not.
    Still one of my favorite analogies is the government being a gun to your head.

Shapiro tends to use the same logic people insult him with in a more constructive way.

Kinda funny a 5'something jewish man with a Moroccan? wife (citation needed) is apparently a white supremacist neonazi though

Confirmed, Israeli citizen, Morocco decent