Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wake up, stumble to the keurig machine, slap in a new pod of Tigers brew extra strong, make sure to select strong, hit brew. take a shower, fix some cereal and milk, grab both cereal and coffee and go to the couch to watch the AM news / traffic while i eat / drink.

get to work unload laptop and work stuff.. go to break room slap in a packet of morning brew to the Flavia machine take cup back to desk and drink (repeat if needed)

afternoon at work if needed go to break room flavia machine get a light french vanilla cup

weekends, at some point a keurig made cup.

all strait black no cream / sugar.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    My coffee is best-made when left on shop shelf.

I drink coffee a few different ways. If it's a cold/iced coffee, it'll be a double-double. Normal coffee I'll drink either 3 cream 3 sugar, or no cream 2 sugar, just depends on what I feel like having. (Tim Hortons for the cream/sugar sizes, extra-larges of course). If I make it at home I just throw in whatever so I can go back to the computer as quick as I can.

Deleted
    I'm not a twat, I can drink it as it's presented in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Did Hannity replace your Keurig after you smashed it?
    Why would I smash it? I don't watch Hannity.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Plain black as I don't need other junk in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Plain black as I don't need other junk in my coffee.
    I used to feel that way, then I woke up. Now I put just a tiny splash of cream. Try it. Never go back.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ground beans (normally douwe egberts pure gold), used to have milk in my coffee, but I mostly drink it black now days - though I'll sometimes have it milky now days. 3 or 4 sugars.

Add about a teaspoon of beans, 2 teaspoons of sugar, add a small amount of boiling water for the water and beans to mix, stir, then add more water, then 1 or 2 more teaspoons of sugar. No idea why I make it that way, just tastes nicer that way to me
    Last edited by 3DTyrant; 2017-12-04 at 08:00 PM.

I've been using a Keurig for a while and honestly can't go back. It's just great and easy.

Also a huge fan of K-Cup variety packs so you can try a bunch of stuff.

Basically though I have a bunch of just regular Dunkin Donuts coffee and then a wide variety of Starbucks, San Francisco Bay and other K-Cups. If I use the Dunkin, it's to use a flavored creamer like Irish Creme or Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. The others I usually just put in a little sugar and half and half.

Very rarely do I drink my coffee black, I like to tame it a bit. If I'm doing a diet or just feeling it I'll go black.

I grow my own beans. I've got my own group of slaves in Kenya that do it for me, then ship it half way around the world to my front door.

single serve coffee machine 60% of the time with reusable filter and pre ground coffee. just regular filtered water. 30% of the time I grind the beans, and the rest of the process is the same. and when i feel like splurging - freshly ground beans, made in a moka pot. same filtered water every time, I pretty much use the same water for everything - coffee, tea, cooking.

oh and 75% of the time - sugar, no milk. 20% black like my soul. 5% of the time, I add haagen dazs chocolate ice cream to it, for that fake mocha taste

percentages are aproximate.

oh yeah, its either sumatra, or hazelnut for me. every once in a while, I experiment with other kinds, but for the most part, I come back to these two.

My normal coffee is freshly ground at home medium or dark French roast in a French press with some egg shells. Tried using vanilla beans but it is a pain to find good ones around here. Sometimes I try using a jazzve to make Turkish coffee, but it doesn't work well with electric burners, and I really don't like sugar/creamer in my coffee any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Endtime View Post
    My normal coffee is freshly ground at home medium or dark French roast in a French press with some egg shells. Tried using vanilla beans but it is a pain to find good ones around here. Sometimes I try using a jazzve to make Turkish coffee, but it doesn't work well with electric burners, and I really don't like sugar/creamer in my coffee any more.
    I am curious, why the egg shells?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre ground, I don't have a coffee grinder sadly. I use a Cafetiere ...or a French press to the uninformed.
    I don't put in milk or creamer unless I want to turn it into a dessert.

2 Sugars if its really strong. 1 if it's a weaker cup.

Costa Rican coffee is my choice of taste.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Black.

My parents both drank it that way, and I picked up the habit, too. I've had it with milk/creamer and sugar, but I don't like it. Blech.

I enjoy black as well. I roast and grind my own beans when possible. Sometimes I am in a rush, so I have a Keurig and some kcups for emergencies. That stuff tastes gross though, so I will add some splenda to it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Iron locust View Post
    I am curious, why the egg shells?
    The calcium carbonate helps neutralize the acid and bitterness. Plus the shells help keep the grounds settled a little. But, it does mellow the flavor some. My friend swears that salt will do the same thing chemically, but I am convinced it just masks the bitterness on the tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So in many homes around the world coffee is a ritual. How do you make yours? What type of coffee? whole bean/pre ground? What type of brewing method do you use? What type of water?
    With $3 at a coffee shop

Quote Originally Posted by Endtime View Post
    The calcium carbonate helps neutralize the acid and bitterness. Plus the shells help keep the grounds settled a little. But, it does mellow the flavor some. My friend swears that salt will do the same thing chemically, but I am convinced it just masks the bitterness on the tongue.
    I always put a pinch of salt in if I'm using my drip coffee maker. That method, drip, pulls out the more bitter notes due to how it works. Chemically, a little baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) should work too but I haven't tried it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

At home I most often prepare stove espresso, Cuban style, with a colodora. I grind the beans before each pot but the pot only is about 4 cups; so not too much to waste.

If I am making a larger amount of coffee I use my chemex and fill my carafe. Usually about 8-12 cups depending on company or if I am going HARD on a late project.

At work, I use a K-cup machine. 255 or something other. There is no stovetop at my job, obvs. But I do stop for coffee at Goddess & Baker in the morning or Sugar Fixe depending on time.

I take my espresso with a teaspoon of raw sugar & whole milk.

Otherwise, I drink my coffee black w/ a teaspoon of raw sugar (if good quality) or (if lesser quality) with a little soy or almond milk & a teaspoon of raw sugar.

I prefer Intelligentsia, Willoughby's, Bustelo and Philosophie coffees. My faves tend to derive from Kenya and Panama. I like Ecuador and Columbia too.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2017-12-05 at 02:37 AM.