Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Given that Taurens already get stuck some places I would say that anything bigger than that is impossible. Also, small is THE most powerful pvp feature there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok did blizz seriously fuck that part of Zandalari ? Aren't they 2nd biggest trolls ever after the savage Dakkari who got wiped out by the scourge ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    No, actually, Zandalari are, in fact taller than Drakkari in the lore. Just read Shadows of the Horde, if you have not yet done so.
    Every source I've found, including SotH, says that they're about the same height, not that Drakkari are taller. Both tauren and zandalari are ~10ft tall in lore, but were squished down to 7-8ft for the player models.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This displeases me, I mean I get it, too tall = no going into some buildings, but ffs don't give us Zandalari Smerf's!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Every source I've found, including SotH, says that they're about the same height, not that Drakkari are taller. Both tauren and zandalari are ~10ft tall in lore, but were squished down to 7-8ft for the player models.
    I have all the D20 books up to the time that Blizzard officially said that nothing from them should be regarded as canon. Which as a lore buff annoyed me, but I stopped buying them after that. Since they said the novels ARE canon, I went with SotH because of the number of times it mentions the Zandalari being the tallest. In fact if you look at my OP, you will see that even the female Zandalari says, herself, that she enever met a troll (which of course incldes both the Drakkari that came to Zuldazar every year and Mount Mugumba, and the Drakkari present in the army around her invading Pandaria), she never met a troll taller than her besides another Zandalari. Vol'jin could not even wear Zandalari armor because it was too big for him, and he was a big Darkspear. You get the idea.

Make Zandalari Tauren height. Makes sense, and they would fit at least anywhere a tauren will.

Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    Short Zandalari are not fine, it's complete and utter heresy. You don't reduce a race that averages 10'+ to below 7', that's just ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous, even. >_>

Zandalari best anyway. Darkspear are so 2002. xd
    You must not have read any of the new lore then. The reason Zul became so revered is because during the Zen'do festival he foresaw the Cataclysm and convinced the tallest Zandalari to place the shorter ones on their shoulders, suddenly a mudslide happened and killed nearly all the taller trolls. The survivors then rallied around Zul.

4 pages of people talking about what could and likely is a temporary model in the game that even if not is not the player Zandalari model at all.

The finished player model actually will be using the troll model rig and made to stand upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    4 pages of people talking about what could and likely is a temporary model in the game that even if not is not the player Zandalari model at all.

The finished player model actually will be using the troll model rig and made to stand upright.
    I have said that a thousand times by now lmao...ppl just like useless discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Fem troll 4 life anyway.

That's my life, if Zandalari Paladin was confirmed, making it Fem Zandalari just nnf. Been dreaming of that since ToT using the Mar'li model.

- - - Updated - - -

Tauren sized orcs just remind me of the dumb looking giga orcs. Like the one in the worgen starting zone on the airship. They just look so dumb and dopey that big, like ogres or hobgoblins.
    My Orc small hunchback Warrior looks dumb atm, looks like a peon..... A bigger Orc would look nice... Very VERY NICE!

Shouldn't Zandalari be pretty tall and amongst the tallest? I think them and the Amani are the biggest trolls.

If all troll tribes decended from the zandalari....how can there be a troll that does not have pure blood? What did the trolls that left zandalar procreate with that did not have zandalaren blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    If all troll tribes decended from the zandalari....how can there be a troll that does not have pure blood? What did the trolls that left zandalar procreate with that did not have zandalaren blood?
    Trolls are trolls, but the more their empires crumbled, the more brutish and devolved they became. Only the Zandalari (which probably have some kind of interference from the Titans, we will see) remain as they were. In fact, when we play the expasion, they said that the Zandalari buildings and dunegons are what Zul'Farrak, Zul'Gurub and so forth USED to look like. You have to remember, the trolls didn't always run around with flint spears and wooden armor, they used to have metal armor and such, as the Zanadalari still do. So, picture humanity if an EMP blast went off and we all go back to the stoneage again. That's the trolls except for Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post

No reason to hate, and I, of course, as the OP, hope you are right, but as I said on my official thread over on the WoW forums:

"Yeah, as of the demo, those trolls look short and their clothes look over sized, like kids wearing their dad's shirt lol But, it is a work in progress. I'll monitor it, and see what happens as they release more information over time! This was just my peliminary Public Service Announcement."

In other words, I only wanted to get this out there as a peliminary 'head's up', so I hope that sounds like a rational reason to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    I have said that a thousand times by now lmao...ppl just like useless discussions.
    Can you please show me in which interview they said the Zandalari would be the same height as an upright Darkspear! That would be very appreciated!

Deleted
    I sincerely hope its just temporary as well, I think it would be really silly if the Zandalari were much smaller than they're meant to be.

Trolls are trolls, but the more their empires crumbled, the more brutish and devolved they became. Only the Zandalari (which probably have some kind of interference from the Titans, we will see) remain as they were. In fact, when we play the expasion, they said that the Zandalari buildings and dunegons are what Zul'Farrak, Zul'Gurub and so forth USED to look like. You have to remember, the trolls didn't always run around with flint spears and wooden armor, they used to have metal armor and such, as the Zanadalari still do. So, picture humanity if an EMP blast went off and we all go back to the stoneage again. That's the trolls except for Zandalar.

- - - Updated - - -

No reason to hate, and I, of course, as the OP, hope you are right, but as I said on my official thread over on the WoW forums:

"Yeah, as of the demo, those trolls look short and their clothes look over sized, like kids wearing their dad's shirt lol But, it is a work in progress. I'll monitor it, and see what happens as they release more information over time! This was just my peliminary Public Service Announcement."

In other words, I only wanted to get this out there as a peliminary 'head's up', so I hope that sounds like a rational reason to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please show me in which interview they said the Zandalari would be the same height as an upright Darkspear! That would be very appreciated!
    It was on a recent Q/A They were interviewing Ion and he said the zandalari would use the troll rig modified to stand upright, it must be here on mmoc but it is one of those long ones...

It was on a recent Q/A They were interviewing Ion and he said the zandalari would use the troll rig modified to stand upright, it must be here on mmoc but it is one of those long ones...
    Well, thanks for trying, I'll search for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, this is all I could find:

Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

S: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.

So it says it is modified, and straight, but, unfortunately, I can find nothing saying the height. An upright Darkspear (I only play troll toons, so I can attest to this) stands as tall as a Tauren hump when my character stands still long enough to stretch his shoulders. So, yeah, they are a troll rig, but no height. If anyone finds the part about how tall they will be please link it!

Well, thanks for trying, I'll search for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, this is all I could find:

Were the Zandalari the most challenging because it doesn’t use another model like the other 5 allied races?

S: Most difficult because it’s a unique rig. It’s a modified Troll rig (straight, instead of hunch). Required a little more time on the touch ups. Same amount of time spent on them for customization options than the other allied races.

So it says it is modified, and straight, but, unfortunately, I can find nothing saying the height. An upright Darkspear (I only play troll toons, so I can attest to this) stands as tall as a Tauren hump when my character stands still long enough to stretch his shoulders. So, yeah, they are a troll rig, but no height. If anyone finds the part about how tall they will be please link it!
    That's from the same video i saw. Since the image with the dwarf troll is the one where they are still using the Night elf rig, i'd imagine that's just a placeholder.

That's from the same video i saw. Since the image with the dwarf troll is the one where they are still using the Night elf rig, i'd imagine that's just a placeholder.
    Well, my autistic obsessive compulsion and worry is slightly abated for the time being. I am just waiting to see, but the way the armor looks DOES look like Night Elfs to me. I do think you are likely correct. (I hope you are! lol) Thank you.

Deleted
    Its not only the size which is a bit annoying. The male Zandalari Model from MoP seem to have broader shoulders and a much more prominent neck / Trapezius muscle, while the male Zandalari Troll in the Preview at BlizzCon has a literally non existant neck compared to the MoP ones and their shoulders are not as broad either. All in all, the BfA Zandalari look much less powerful compared to their MoP cousin. So far the model is quite the bummer in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoc032dd9efb8; 2018-01-07 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Short Trolls? Well, after repeating "stay away from the voodoo" to everyone else for almost 15 years a shrinking curse is just what they deserve, I think. Karma comes after everyone, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    So far the model is quite the bummer in my opinion.
    I agree; however, I will definitely run a "Make Zandas Tall Again" campaign if they do not change. As many have pointed out, this was a work in progress, so I could change. The male and female photo of them wearing the heritage armor looked good, but, we shall see! With 7.3.5 coming soon, all that will really be left from then on will be BfA information!