Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    There would be zero reason to include them in the 7.3.5 PTR build if they weren't releasing them in that patch. Zero.
    Definitely in 7.3.5. The question is - when exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Definitely in 7.3.5. The question is - when exactly.
    I'd say 2-3 months after Antorus' last wing has been out for LFR would make sense. That gives them approx. 5 months to fledge out these races' customization and polish whatever there might be to polish.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Is this confirmed for all Allied Races such as Lightforged Draenei? I read about Nightborne, but i'm pretty sure Blizzard never said yet you need Army of Light rep for Draenei or Argussian Reach for Voidelves. Only heard about Highmountain rep for Tauren, but was this official or just a guess? And if we need it, do i need, for example, Army of Light Rep on an Alliance Toon, or can i also get it on a Horde toon to unlock Lightforged Draenei on my account?
    I believe all they've said so far is that the Nightborne and Highmountain Tauren will require exalted. There's been nothing official about the Alliance races yet, or whether you can unlock them cross-faction.

I really hope we can unlock Nightborne with our existing Alliance characters. I don't particularly want to spend hours and hours and hours levelling a Horde character and grinding all that rep all over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what he mean is

Unlocking the pre-reqs to play nightborne with an alliance toon instead of rolling a horde toon to unlock the nightborne.

Like , if the pre-req for nightborne (to unlock it is) is to get exalted with suramar, then u could unlock it by either playing with an ally or horde toon.

That is what i think he meant xD

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    tbh they will probably delay bfa by a long time since it looked so unfinished and bad at blizzcon. they will then give us a couple of the allied races to tide us over while we wait
    u w0t m8 /10char

- - - Updated - - -

There would be zero reason to include them in the 7.3.5 PTR build if they weren't releasing them in that patch. Zero.
    Oh, I didn't know you were an insider at Blizzard that knew exactly why they would do what they do.

Good thing there are no other examples of them putting shit into a build that isn't going to be released with that pat-oh, wait...

unless if they dont have any more content planned for legion and want to unlock the races 1-2 months before BFA launch

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also of note here. Just because they aren't released on day 1 of 7.3.5 doesn't mean they won't come until 8.0. 7.3.5 may go live in January but Allied Races not until March/April.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Oh, I didn't know you were an insider at Blizzard that knew exactly why they would do what they do.

Good thing there are no other examples of them putting shit into a build that isn't going to be released with that pat-oh, wait...
    You're being obtuse.

LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE. The allied races that are in this patch are the ones that are not mentioned as being part of BfA leveling content (Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves are specifically noted on the official site as being available through questing in the next expansion). The allied races in this patch are in the very same patch as the 7.3.5 questing updates that will allow a different leveling experience. The allied races in this patch will have their achievements for access unlocked as soon as 7.3.5 hits because the prerequisites are things most of us have already done. The next expansion is likely 8-10 months away (beta is probably not until next spring). 7.3.5 is likely the last content update before BfA comes out. And all of the data for unlocking, achievements, mounts, abilities, etc. is already now in the patch... only the two races SPECIFICALLY stated to be part of BfA's quest lines is missing.

All you have to do is look at the evidence, which allows anyone with two brain cells to rub together to come up with the same exact theory: we're getting these with 7.3.5, likely as pre-order bonuses.

Does that mean absolutely it will happen? No. But this would be an incredibly smart business decision for Blizzard, in a world in which they've admitted they have trouble with content droughts. You can put new content into that drought, or you can do things with existing content to get people motivated again.

Do the math.
    Last edited by damonskye; 2017-12-03 at 10:54 PM.

You're being obtuse.

LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE. The allied races that are in this patch are the ones that are not mentioned as being part of BfA leveling content (Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves are specifically noted on the official site as being available through questing in the next expansion). The allied races in this patch are in the very same patch as the 7.3.5 questing updates that will allow a different leveling experience. The allied races in this patch will have their achievements for access unlocked as soon as 7.3.5 hits because the prerequisites are things most of us have already done. The next expansion is likely 8-10 months away (beta is probably not until next spring). 7.3.5 is likely the last content update before BfA comes out. And all of the data for unlocking, achievements, mounts, abilities, etc. is already now in the patch... only the two races SPECIFICALLY stated to be part of BfA's quest lines is missing.

All you have to do is look at the evidence, which allows anyone with two brain cells to rub together to come up with the same exact theory: we're getting these with 7.3.5, likely as pre-order bonuses.

Does that mean absolutely it will happen? No. But this would be an incredibly smart business decision for Blizzard, in a world in which they've admitted they have trouble with content droughts. You can put new content into that drought, or you can do things with existing content to get people motivated again.

Do the math.
    Thank you for admitting my point. I was not saying that it isn't going to happen; I was calling bullshit on your claim that there's ZERO chance it isn't going to happen. But thank you for the wall of text that I'm already well aware of.

Deleted
    You're being obtuse.

Do the math.
    Did you watch Blizzcon? The devs said there will be quests for unlocking all of these races not just the last two. Particularly when asked about Void elves, Ion said that he doesn't want to spoil the story so he doesn't want to say how they came to be. So, unless they make those quests also available, the races can only be made available as some sort of test or pre-order campaign and be locked once again at expansion release.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    Thank you for admitting my point. I was not saying that it isn't going to happen; I was calling bullshit on your claim that there's ZERO chance it isn't going to happen. But thank you for the wall of text that I'm already well aware of.
    You seriously don't know how to interpret someone's convictions as still being opinion? Wow.

If you don't want to engage with people who have opinions and provide backup for said opinions, there's really no reason to actually post here, is there? So you're more than welcome for my wall of text and don't have to read it if you don't want to.

In the meanwhile, I fully stand by my OPINION that there is ZERO CHANCE that we are not getting the four allied races with 7.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd be surprised if they gave us allied races before the expansion goes on sale. It's a big selling point.

The only way they would do that is if WoW is in a huge slump, like they did with LFR at the end of Cata. Slim chance though.
    Just start pre-orders, like demon hunter and legion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Did you watch Blizzcon? The devs said there will be quests for unlocking all of these races not just the last two. Particularly when asked about Void elves, Ion said that he doesn't want to spoil the story so he doesn't want to say how they came to be. So, unless they make those quests also available, the races can only be made available as some sort of test or pre-order campaign and be locked once again at expansion release.
    Ummm...

The quests to unlock the 4 allied races that aren't explicitly locked behind Kul'tiras/Zandalar content are on the 7.3.5 PTR.

They're just not unlocked, yet, 'cause no one has the correctBattle For Azeroth switches attached to their accounts.

The going presumption is that soon after 7.3.5 goes live the Pre-Order for BfA will also go live, and those who pre-order will be able to do the quests to unlock 4 of the 6 new races for BfA as a way to take advantage of and highlight the new level-scaling that 7.3.5 will be implementing.

Not to mention the fact that leveling up up to 4 different racial alts is going to take a lot longer, now, particularly if you decide to gear them up to try out the Raids in-game currently, which means higher player-retention during the mid-expansion lull.

It would be an -awesome- idea for the devs to do the first four as a pre-order bonus in Jan/Feb.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It will contain them. There were leaks saying they'd be out before BfA and they're currently turning up int he Alpha.

Also, it doesn't make any logical sense for them not to be.

If they're released with BfA, players will have to either ignore them while they level and check the new zones, or they'll ignore the new zones and level the new race they want. Neither is ideal.

If they're released in a patch before BfA it will keep players entertained and they can spend time levelling up their new characters in the wait until the next expansion (and keep paying a sub for this time)
    Leaks mean nothing until Blizzard posts notes. Like all those expansion leaks we see every year. Wait and see ;p
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It will contain them. There were leaks saying they'd be out before BfA and they're currently turning up int he Alpha.

Also, it doesn't make any logical sense for them not to be.

If they're released with BfA, players will have to either ignore them while they level and check the new zones, or they'll ignore the new zones and level the new race they want. Neither is ideal.

If they're released in a patch before BfA it will keep players entertained and they can spend time levelling up their new characters in the wait until the next expansion (and keep paying a sub for this time)
    Where was it said the game was in alpha?

The dev post indicates they are BFA content that is in the datafiles with 7.3.5 but not made available in the patch. If your leaks are to be believed (or if they were right in part already and assuming nothing has changed on Blizzard's end), it could be that they come out with 8.0, which would be the pre-patch before the expansion comes out. I could believe that. Then pre-purchasers would unlock them a bit early like with the DH.

I'd just be careful not to let wishful thinking become confused with evidence. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think it's unlikely given what has been said so far and how it was worded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    This is most likely.

They will time-gate it.

They time-gate EVERYTHING.

There is already shit loads of evidence that a massive content drought is coming so they will try to drag everything out and feed it to us in little bits to claim - "THERE WAS NO DROUGHT".
    Allied Races are already defined as a feature of the next expansion. If they did release them a bit early, it wouldn't be timegating. Also, you're probably going to have to buy the expansion first, so it's not Legion content that was planed out to stretch out content. It would just be early access.

I would not be surprised if the actual content is available before BfA launch. I would be surprised if it's not tied to buying BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ive never understood why people think that they'd take one of the only really new features that we know of, one that's been asked for as sub races for a long time... and give it to us now and as part of the expansion that they want to sell.
    That would be crazy...like making Demon Hunters a prepurchase bonus during the last patch of WoD or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    That would be crazy...like making Demon Hunters a prepurchase bonus during the last patch of WoD or something.
    In fairness, Demon Hunters were playable only a few weeks before Legion's release. Making the new Allied Races playable in 7.3.5 and assuming the patch comes out a couple of months later, then it would be the first time Blizzard allows pre-order bonuses to be played this early.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    But they didn't offer DH's with 6.2. They dropped DHs a few weeks prior to Legion, not months and months early.

Next time, think before you try to post something snarky.

Honestly I think it makes sense that with leveling changes being implemented in 7.2.5, combined with heritage armor requiring you to level that allied race up, that we can expect that the allied races make it in at some point during this patch. It seems to big of a coincidence to me for blizzard to change leveling in the same build as allied races being datamined.