Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    68Gb for the patch/dlc seems a bit much. They should have opened the pre-load way sooner if it really is that big (which I dont see why it should be, unless it is the base game and dlc combined), not every one has lightning speed internet. Finished the raid on friday night, wasnt too hard, would be allot easier if we had some people who could think a bit better and not fuck arround the whole time.
    That can't be just for Osiris...can't be.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That can't be just for Osiris...can't be.
    depends how much is on disk already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Nah, same country and area (hopefully). We're just years behind because HURR DURR MAIL WORKS DURRRRRR I WANT TO SPEND 5 EUROS MONTH HUURURUURR.

I'm actually in a pretty nice spot, they just brought VDSL which should be more than enough for me and both me and wife are near job places with all services easily reachable. Priorities
    The challenge is to actually find a new house in the budget XD Once we get this settled the connection won't be an issue - also the zone overall is very recent with new sites popping up every day, so infracrtucture is newly placed too. It's just a matter of waiting for the right occasion at this point.

EDIT: basically high speed is brought only in really high density zones because huge returns for less investment. Milan, Rome, Turin, Bologna, etc all have 100Mb at least with 300Mb on its way apparently. I'm lucky to have 50Mb (should be 100, but it isn't).
    Hoping for the best = )
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    depends how much is on disk already.
    I hope so, seems silly to say 68Gb for just the DLC, they should state for DLC its about 12GB (guessing) and for full game 68Gb, bu then again their communication was a bit sub-par so far.

Friend just asked if i was ready for CoO tomorrow, i hadn't even bothered to check when it was coming out.

68Gb for the patch/dlc seems a bit much. They should have opened the pre-load way sooner if it really is that big (which I dont see why it should be, unless it is the base game and dlc combined), not every one has lightning speed internet. Finished the raid on friday night, wasnt too hard, would be allot easier if we had some people who could think a bit better and not fuck arround the whole time.
    More info.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/A_dmg04/s...87142799433728
    44gb is the total- Destiny 2 and Curse of Osiris.

The expansion lands around 6 gb, depending on your console.

PlayStation 4 requires double the download space, but only during the install process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Thanks for the info man <3.

Thanks for the info man <3.
    Hope the process does not hold you back too long and you get some fun in tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Hope the process does not hold you back too long and you get some fun in tomorrow.
    I atleast upgraded to 20Mb VDSL so it should not take too long to update, will play tonight once it is done =P.

10+ Year Old Account
    What actually comes with the DLC?

Just had a quick look, will get it at some point but in no hurry.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-12-05 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh 35 euros for a season pass. Think i'll pass would be nice if there was at least some sort of feature list of what's to be expected in the damn store.

ALso the game has been out for how long now and the already expect you to shell out once more more than 50% of the main game? Fuck that.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2017-12-05 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Friend just asked if i was ready for CoO tomorrow, i hadn't even bothered to check when it was coming out.
    Lol yeah. This is the first DLC in Destiny's history that I'm actually not excited about. One of my clanmates texted me yesterday and was asking me about when I planned to get on and play for CoO and I responded with "meh". Speaks volumes for how badly Bungie has fucked up so far with D2 considering I was always hyped as shit for every new DLC in D1. I'm fully expecting D2 to not be in an acceptable state (IMO anyway) until AT LEAST the first major expansion that will most likely come in fall of 2018. Which is fucking pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Lol yeah. This is the first DLC in Destiny's history that I'm actually not excited about. One of my clanmates texted me yesterday and was asking me about when I planned to get on and play for CoO and I responded with "meh". Speaks volumes for how badly Bungie has fucked up so far with D2 considering I was always hyped as shit for every new DLC in D1. I'm fully expecting D2 to not be in an acceptable state (IMO anyway) until AT LEAST the first major expansion that will most likely come in fall of 2018. Which is fucking pathetic.
    Yea I’m thinking the same which is why I’m uninstalling it when I get home. When they put out a product that’s worthwhile, I’ll come back...but to me, what they’re doing now isn’t worthwhile and I can take the time I put into destiny every week and put it into other games.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46522

Patch notes are up.

Increased the base damage and reduced the precision modifier of Precision Auto Rifles
    Why Bungie, why. A lot of these changes seem pretty minor and don't seem like they address a lot of actual issues. Like, no mention of sidearms at all, are they resigned to being completely useless forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46522

Patch notes are up.

Why Bungie, why. A lot of these changes seem pretty minor and don't seem like they address a lot of actual issues. Like, no mention of sidearms at all, are they resigned to being completely useless forever?
    I'm guessing you are new to Destiny right? This is the M.O. There was a year of hand cannons followed by a year of fusion rifles followed by a year of sniper/shotguns being king. This is not a game that balances meticulously. Its seeing what works and just making sure that stays 'fixed' until its not.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I generally hate sidearms, Last Hope is pretty solid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    While I generally hate sidearms, Last Hope is pretty solid, actually.
    Honestly, I've found little reason to use much beyond autorifles and hand cannons.

I keep trying to mess around with other weapon types, and while they may offer situational benefits I just can't see a reason to really reliably use anything other than those two types of a similar light level/mod option is available on those two weapon types. It sucks, because while I do quite enjoy both weapon types I want to add a bit more variety into my play. I just feel like I'm gimping myself whenever I try other weapon types though, because they always seem to underperform compared to hand cannons and autorifles : /

And same goes for power weapons. Other than Merciless, I rarely find any reason to use anything other than a rocket launcher.

It's just so frustrating that the core gameplay/gunplay is so deeply satisfying to me and motivates me to want to play constantly, but so much of the design withing the game frustrates, confuses, and turns me away : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've found little reason to use much beyond autorifles and hand cannons.

I keep trying to mess around with other weapon types, and while they may offer situational benefits I just can't see a reason to really reliably use anything other than those two types of a similar light level/mod option is available on those two weapon types. It sucks, because while I do quite enjoy both weapon types I want to add a bit more variety into my play. I just feel like I'm gimping myself whenever I try other weapon types though, because they always seem to underperform compared to hand cannons and autorifles : /

And same goes for power weapons. Other than Merciless, I rarely find any reason to use anything other than a rocket launcher.

It's just so frustrating that the core gameplay/gunplay is so deeply satisfying to me and motivates me to want to play constantly, but so much of the design withing the game frustrates, confuses, and turns me away : /
    I'm the other way around. While I like autorifles (I swap between Hard Light and Uriel's pretty regularly), I use scout rifles and hand cannons consistently on my Hunter, and as far as power weapons, I enjoy swords, rocket launchers, fusion rifles, shotguns, etc. A few types could use some PvE love, like snipers, but they're already strong in PvP.

Edit: aaaand after the first quest in Mercury, it sends me to the EDZ. WHEEEEE.

So what did they increase the Max Light level to? I've had no reason to play the game for over a month now. Have all 3 classes to 305 and all Exotic weapons and armor for each class. No reason to even log on. So did they bump it to 330 or higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm the other way around. While I like autorifles (I swap between Hard Light and Uriel's pretty regularly), I use scout rifles and hand cannons consistently on my Hunter, and as far as power weapons, I enjoy swords, rocket launchers, fusion rifles, shotguns, etc. A few types could use some PvE love, like snipers, but they're already strong in PvP.

Edit: aaaand after the first quest in Mercury, it sends me to the EDZ. WHEEEEE.
    I mean, I enjoy some of the other weapons conceptually, but more often than not they feel pointless. Swords, for example, are largely useless in Strikes/Nightfalls and shit where you're often unable to get within melee range of a boss or put yourself at a considerable risk of taking heavy damage to go in melee. And I haven't noticed them doing considerably more damage than my rocket launcher to make that risk worth it.

And yeah, agreed on snipers. It seems like their inability to separate out PvP and PvE functionality and balance weapons accordingly. The more I read about the changes from D1 to D2, the more it seems that they changed/"ruined" quite a bit because they are awful at balancing and wanted to make it easier for themselves (and are still failing). I'd kill for a sniper rifle as a secondary weapon to complement my autorifle or make a SMG a slightly more viable close range weapon.