Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I love Bwonsamdi new model!!if I had to choose a religion in wow that guy would be my god!

Well I'll do a zandalari, I guess it will be the god of my character
    Where is this from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where is this from?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bwonsamdi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Feb, could slip into March if the level scaling tech needs a lot of time to test.
    Yeah...
    Don't want it to be messed up, and when do you think we will get Allied Races?
    The Nightborne and Highmountain?

Zandalari Trolls will probably be with Battle for Azeroth since we are going to Zandalar in the next expansion and hopefully the repuation grind for them won't be too bad.
    Since I want to create a Nightborne female and a Zandalari Troll male or female. <3 Highmountain like I said before bores me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    thats what the troll shoes are for
    Troll don't have shoes do they?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Troll don't have shoes do they?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=97901/gr...ic-troll-shoes For those bare feet transmorgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything juicy in new build?

"Maw of N'zoth" new map strings Ummmm can someone keep me updated on this!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    When do you think they will add 7.3.5 to live? Sometime in January or February of next year?
    Late Jan/early feb. Expecting beta up within a month of 7.3.5 ptr closing though. Beta lasting anywhere from 4-7 months. June-October, but still going with a July release with a June prepatch.

Personally going to guess beta launches Feb 22nd with around a 4 month beta to prepatch in late June. Expansion mid-late July.

5 months should be enough time for a beta with little big changes/features. Biggest thing will be the 2 new things, but they seem to have islands very far along atm, so expecting that early in the beta. Warzones are the one thing that could hold the release date back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    Any guesses about when the tools to get to the item database will be completed? Since there’s commonly a lot of interesting new items and npcs added.
    Any day now!

Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    "Maw of N'zoth" new map strings Ummmm can someone keep me updated on this!!!
    That's related to the Highmountain Quest, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Late Jan/early feb. Expecting beta up within a month of 7.3.5 ptr closing though. Beta lasting anywhere from 4-7 months. June-October, but still going with a July release with a June prepatch.

Personally going to guess beta launches Feb 22nd with around a 4 month beta to prepatch in late June. Expansion mid-late July.

5 months should be enough time for a beta with little big changes/features. Biggest thing will be the 2 new things, but they seem to have islands very far along atm, so expecting that early in the beta. Warzones are the one thing that could hold the release date back.
    Just wanted to make sure, since my game time just ended yesterday and I am good with not leveling my characters until it releases.
    For the Horde!

"7.3.5 Lightforged Draenei - Unlock Scenario - Start (New)"

Confirmed 7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    "7.3.5 Lightforged Draenei - Unlock Scenario - Start (New)"

Confirmed 7.3.5
    All the voice overs for allied race are also labeled as "735". I haven't seen a single shred of "evidence" pointing towards these not being available until 8.0.

However, it is possible both the leak saying the first 4 would come in 7.3.5 AND every piece of content referring to allied races in 7.3.5 is wrong.....nah, not really.

Unless they decided to not ship them during 7.3.5 last week and didn't have a chance to take it out, but I also feel that is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    All the voice overs for allied race are also labeled as "735". I haven't seen a single shred of "evidence" pointing towards these not being available until 8.0.

However, it is possible both the leak saying the first 4 would come in 7.3.5 AND every piece of content referring to allied races in 7.3.5 is wrong.....nah, not really.

Unless they decided to not ship them during 7.3.5 last week and didn't have a chance to take it out, but I also feel that is unlikely.
    The changed cities wouldn't really make that much sense either if they weren't playable yet. Or the embassy, wouldn't really have a point, would it?

I still say that it was obvious that they would come in 7.3.5 as soon as they said that the leveling revamp is coming in 7.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The changed cities wouldn't really make that much sense either if they weren't playable yet. Or the embassy, wouldn't really have a point, would it?

I still say that it was obvious that they would come in 7.3.5 as soon as they said that the leveling revamp is coming in 7.3.5
    Yeah, all signs point towards allied races before 8.0. It's cute that Blizzard thinks they can still introduce them as a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean they can be in 7.3.5 yet only be released weeks or months later than the patch and they'd still carry those tags
    Which is why I said "during 7.3.5". Could be any amount of time up to a day before 8.0.

Yeah, all signs point towards allied races before 8.0. It's cute that Blizzard thinks they can still introduce them as a surprise.

Which is why I said "during 7.3.5". Could be any amount of time up to a day before 8.0.
    Exactly this. I'm 99% sure they are 7.3.5 content. But that could range from right away at 7.3.5 release, to when the BfA pre-orders drop (my personal guess), to a literal single day before the actual pre-patch.

EDIT:
    Black Qiraji War Tank (New) - Ground Mount. Black Qiraji War Tank. "The Qiraji War Tank has only been seen recently during the Call of the Scarab, could this hint at a resurfacing of the deadly creatures?" Source: Legacy

Still hope this is wrong/unintended.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-12-05 at 09:11 AM.

I am pretty angry they are removing separate achievements for 10-man and 25-man versions of Ulduar. That's like 700 achievement points gone! Damn.

Now, before you brush it off as just rda being angry at nothing like usual, hear me out.

For collectioners, achievements are half of the game. Remove them and a large portion of the appeal in playing the game is gone. WoW has long stopped being the game which you play just to see things and defeat some interesting mobs / other players. Lots of people (perhaps most) play it in order to yes, see things, and yes, defeat some interesting mobs / other players, but also to get some kind of a reward when doing this. They are playing WoW and not some other game with same or better gameplay because WoW gets them a big board of empty checkboxes that they can keep crossing on evenings. And because they already crossed a couple thousands of such checkboxes in previous years, there is a feeling of an investment. But fine, whatever, we all know that. Achievements and collections in general are important, that's bread and butter.

So what happens when you remove what players had? Here is what happens: I am seeing the achievement list shrink and on one hand it's just numbers but on the other hand I invested my time doing specifically 10-man Ulduar and specifically 25-man Ulduar. No matter how many times I am going to tell myself that it's just numbers, I can't shake off two thoughts:

(a) The time I spent specifically to do 10-man Ulduar and specifically 25-man Ulduar has been wasted. If I knew the achievements would be merged, I would have done just one version and would have spent the time doing other achievements instead.

(b) It is hard to say what else they could merge in the future. Ie, there are achievements for Pandarian archaeology for collecting 5 pieces of everything and then for collecting 20 pieces of the same everything. Should I be spending time doing the latter batch? That's a lot of time, and if Blizzard suddenly decide to merge them for whatever reason (what specific reason they are citing for merging Ulduar? "doesn't make much sense to have two versions of the same thing"? "too tedious"? well, copy and paste that reason here) that time is going to be wasted. If I am an achievement hunter, WTF is safe to do????

So, I agree that they are merging a pretty isolated thing for now (achievements for 10/25-man raids), but there's no telling whether there will be any follow-ups and that's pretty unsettling. They are doing a dumb thing here. They are playing dangerous games with collectioner instincts for exactly nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am pretty angry they are removing separate achievements for 10-man and 25-man versions of Ulduar. That's like 700 achievement points gone! Damn.

Now, before you brush it off as just rda being angry at nothing like usual, hear me out.
    They're not literally removing them, the old ones are being moved to the legacy achievements tab so you can still show them off. And while the points will be going away, they will be going away for everyone so it's not really unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Black Qiraji War Tank (New) - Ground Mount. Black Qiraji War Tank. "The Qiraji War Tank has only been seen recently during the Call of the Scarab, could this hint at a resurfacing of the deadly creatures?" Source: Legacy

Still hope this is wrong/unintended.
    I'm guessing people that have the original Black Qiraji War Tank will also be getting the new recolor. Hence "Legacy".

EDIT: Looks like the thread broke 5M views last night! Yay!
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-12-05 at 09:43 AM.

I'm guessing people that have the original Black Qiraji War Tank will also be getting the new recolor. Hence "Legacy".
    Yeah, on the PTR, Scarab Lords currently automatically have it added to their mount journal. I don't care about that fact, even though they didn't work for it, but I'd be heavily annoyed if it was exclusive to Scarab Lords altogether.

They're not literally removing them, the old ones are being moved to the legacy achievements tab so you can still show them off. And while the points will be going away, they will be going away for everyone so it's not really unfair.
    The points are going away, that's all that matters. The bars with the texts moving into the WoW version of the Recycle Bin rather than out of the game entirely doesn't matter. The points going away "fairly" for everyone doesn't matter.

Again, the important bit is this - what the hell is safe to do if you are into achievements? There's no answer. And, yes, I agree and I said already that they are removing a pretty isolated thing now, but if they do this enough times, they will break one of the very few remaining things they still have left that people are subbing for: collections / achievements. And for what? For some BS sense of "this looks cleaner to me now" for some idiot on the dev team? So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The points are going away, that's all that matters. The bars with the texts moving into the WoW version of the Recycle Bin rather than out of the game entirely doesn't matter. The points going away "fairly" for everyone doesn't matter.

Again, the important bit is this - what the hell is safe to do if you are into achievements? There's no answer. And, yes, I agree and I said already that they are removing a pretty isolated thing now, but if they do this enough times, they will break one of the very few remaining things they still have left that people are subbing for: collections / achievements. And for what? For some BS sense of "this looks cleaner to me now" for some idiot on the dev team? So stupid.
    I mean there is no point to achievement points other than eyeballing for the sake of understanding how many achievements someone has.

And the idea of getting old achievements with no rewards done are for people not interested in pvp or pet battles or alts. Its not even a tertiary reason to play the game. Its...A way to play the game....about as much as Rp which has no support at all.

Even 2 loading screen tips are "stop playing, take a break" and "stop playing and go outside and talk to real people"

There is 0 reason to think devs want you subbed against your will
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I mean there is no point to achievement points other than eyeballing for the sake of understanding how many achievements someone has.

And the idea of getting old achievements with no rewards done are for people not interested in pvp or pet battles or alts. Its not even a tertiary reason to play the game. Its...A way to play the game....about as much as Rp which has no support at all.

Even 2 loading screen tips are "stop playing, take a break" and "stop playing and go outside and talk to real people"

There is 0 reason to think devs want you subbed against your will
    There is no point to anything in game if we go that route.

I am saying that collections / achievements play a very important role for current WoW. People are not so much playing WoW because it is interesting to play (it isn't). They are playing it largely because of these continuous, visible rewards.

If you disagree, I'd like to hear your take why people are playing this old game.