Poll: Will you get a Authenticator key for only 4 additional bag slots?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    I find it very hard to believe you have nothing to hide. Apart from the fact that a person can't be 'himself' without privacy there are plenty of other reasons to apreciate your privacy.
    Would you mind sharing your home address? When was the last time you had sex? With whom? Where do your children go to school? Mind sharing your CC number and svc code?

Anyone who says 'I have nothing to hide anyway' or something similar is completely missing the point, does really not understand what he's saying, or just being an ass for the hell of it.
    why do i care who knows where i live? why do i care who knows when the last time i had sex was and that it was with the same girl ive been with for 7 years? Is someone coming after my kids that i should be scared of them knowing where they go to school? Do i owe the mob money? I cant even fathom what goes thru ur mind...We live in such a scared and fragile society nowadays its so sad...take ur tinfoil hat off and dont call me an ass bc my opinion differs from urs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Didn't we get a Corehound Pup or something for adding an authenticator?
    Yes. The 4 slots are not the original bonus, but an additional one for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Where's the option for "Already have an Authenticator and think 4 Extra Slots is a damn joke!"? But in all seriousness - They've been getting bugged about this for 6+ years and the only thing they can manage to do in that time is add a tiny 4 extra slots to the bloody thing?
    Last edited by Katsutomai; 2017-12-04 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    IMO, not having an authenticator on your account at this point in time, where it's free one all smart phones, is just silly. It makes your account a LOT safer so there's no reason to not have one. It's basically an in game reward to get those extra bank slots like how you used to get the free pet when you got one.
    Does moving it from one phone to another mean you have to call Blizzard and get it transferred? I had to do this for SWOTOR and its one reason I quit playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Don't own a smartphone, don't want a physical authenticator for other reasons. I would use the third party program mentioned on other pages, particularly if it can be loaded on a thumb drive.
    You can put the authenticator on the tablet that lives in the folds of your couch so you can check imdb while watching tv.

I just wish blizzard would combine all of their apps into one instead of having fifty different blizzard related apps on my phone.

Derp-de-herp, obviously have an authenticator regardless of free bank slots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I just wish blizzard would combine all of their apps into one instead of having fifty different blizzard related apps on my phone.
    AMENx1000

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    So, because of some irresponsible kids, that open non-Blizz, pirate websites and give their account information, the company blackmails the whole playerbase with such business trick. It's stinky.
    Only a silly person would claim this is blackmail.
    Its rather good business by ensuring everyone has an auth they would have no cases of hacked accounts anymore and would have to spent zero times on recovering accounts.

Everyone should be able to decide if they wanted more security or not.
    Everyone is able to do so.
    However in this case you decide if you wanted more bagslots or not, and you get an authenticator with it. I say it's a bad strategy, an obvious lure.
    Wrong. Its called a BONUS. you get an auth and you get a pet and 4 slot bags.

It's just the beginning. Why do you have to do something irl to gain an advantage in-game? Yes, bagslots are advantage, they actually save time. Unlike mounts or other vanity items. Now it's free, next time it will cost some money.
    And wow is dying anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

You can access them remotely on the Internet or other kind of network. While you can't do the same thing with a piece of paper.
    After that logic you should stay away with your pc from the internet....

- - - Updated - - -

You ppl have so strong belief in thechnology, you don't even sense real life anymore. What do you do with all of your technology when a blackout happens for a few days and you are cut off from civilization (yes, ppl live at places where a landslide or a tornado can happen). You just watch the black screen while I read my books.
    surely not worrying about my wow account...

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So as the PTR is just up, and so far if you have a Authenticator you get 4 slots for your backpack. What are your feeling on this. Will you get a Authenticator for this? Will you let the optional 4 slots go through if you have one/get one? What size were you looking for?

Poll inc.
    It's totally lame, I mean 4 slots? what the fuck.

But I've had an authenticator for years and years anyway. I would suggest that everyone should have one because having one attached is much, MUCH safer.

Deleted
    I don't believe that ppl with a full time job, a family, some real friends need more from their smartphones.
    but they do, people with kids use the - by you so hated chat software - to exchange infos about their kids schools, sporting events because its easier and FASTER then email but its obvious by now you have no idea about RL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Isn't authenticator itself has been hacked like two times?
    no it never has and never will.

- - - Updated - - -

An average player is not a professional car racer. It's over exaggerated for the sake of business.
    thats the most stupid comparison one can come up with. You sit their claiming normal people cant get hacked - starting to feel like you think your business model is getting threatend

For me its just incovenient to use phone app every now and then to log in. Aloso you guys say, secruit reason, since late vanila never had any issues with my acc, and im 100% sure its much easier to have your phone stolen/hacked then your pc so i just dont buy it secruity reasoning behind it at all. Aloso 4 slots... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I do not have one and I've never had my account hacked (playing about a decade). I've known people with them who've been hacked (at least one of them multiple times).

Security is not an incentive for me in this case.
    I call bullshit, there is no proven case of anyone getting past the authenticator without knowing your secret question and if hackers knows your secret question the authenticator isn't to blame for your lack of security.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I call bullshit, there is no proven case of anyone getting past the authenticator without knowing your secret question and if hackers knows your secret question the authenticator isn't to blame for your lack of security.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6036223589
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748457082
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/5615971583
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/8088209068
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/1658713617
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/4175419864
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10433523398
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/11040454572

... want to see a few more ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Anything new in the latest small ptr builds? my eyes get sore going through all that green text lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Should have been 16, but hey I'll take it

First link has no proof of anything. Second link had all of his information compromised, authenticator protects you from hackers that has your acc+pass not from hackers that know more about you than your parents do. Third link wasnt even hacked, there was no activity on his account at all, he just couldn't log in due to unrelated issues. Fourth link the hackers had enough information about him that they could forge his ID. Fifth link didn't have an authenticator, the hacker added one. Sixth link had more than just his account compromised, the hackers had full access to his email and most likely more than that. Seventh link was "pretty sure she added an authenticator before being hacked". Eighth link added an authenticator after being hacked before securing his computer, email etc etc.

None of these were hackers getting through the authenticator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random bullshit posts from derps do not count as "proven".

If memory serves me right blue even confirmed at some point that people spamming that bullshit failed derp check by either attaching authenticator after they already been cleaned out or being otherwise dishonest about the whole thing.

Deleted
    I'm aware that I'm an idiot, but over the years i have spent more time without an authenticator than with one. I have never been locked out of my account for someone else, but i have locked myself out multiple times losing an authenticator and breaking phones. I know it's my issue but still i'd rather have my account locked to my IP and nothing else.

As for this promotion, couldn't care less for bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    First link has no proof of anything. Second link had all of his information compromised, authenticator protects you from hackers that has your acc+pass not from hackers that know more about you than your parents do. Third link wasnt even hacked, there was no activity on his account at all, he just couldn't log in due to unrelated issues. Fourth link the hackers had enough information about him that they could forge his ID. Fifth link didn't have an authenticator, the hacker added one. Sixth link had more than just his account compromised, the hackers had full access to his email and most likely more than that. Seventh link was "pretty sure she added an authenticator before being hacked". Eighth link added an authenticator after being hacked before securing his computer, email etc etc.

None of these were hackers getting through the authenticator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Random bullshit posts from derps do not count as "proven".

If memory serves me right blue even confirmed at some point that people spamming that bullshit failed derp check by either attaching authenticator after they already been cleaned out or being otherwise dishonest about the whole thing.
    Those were 8 links out of dozens and dozens from one search string.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/10118802414
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9363116537 this one several people in the comments mention having a similar problem close in time to that one
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...acked_even_if/
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9485069154
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6893699362
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/9363006724

Also, btw, I never said authenticator itself was possible to hack. I said I know people with them who have been hacked. I don't know how it happened, just that it happened.

Also seems like there was a big thing for both WoW and D3 players

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/9281268998

One of the mvps posted about it in there:
    "Most of these when looked at, we find the affected player did not actually have an Authenticator attached at the time of compromise despite what they claim. Some folks remove it themselves, or never had one to begin with. We have also seen some cases where hackers submit a ticket using a fake ID to get it removed from the account. To do that, they need a LOT of info that they can only get with malware on the PC or an elaborate phishing scheme (or if the player buys gold/items from shady sites and gives them the info)."

Notice they said "most". Not "all". Not that they're an official source, but ... are you really trying to say that authenticators - or anything at all really - are 100% secure ? I mean, I'm not even arguing they're not, but it seems like that's what you're saying, which is a pretty bold claim. I don't think even Blizzard would say "they're 100% secure".

So, assuming you concede they're not 100% secure - you admit it's possible to get through them, yet you call bullshit at the idea it happened (which, again, I'm not saying is how they got hacked - just that they got hacked).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    If dozens of monkeys spam bullshit it does not make it truth. The very first links you showed had nothing valid there, you can keep bringing up more trash there.

Nothing is 100% secure, but shit, it's certainly more secure than having nothing and certainly more secure than those trolls try to make it appear.