Page 1 of 2
LastLast

hidden VDH Nerf?

Argus Heroic is no longer resetting last resort upon dying.

Am i the only one noticing this?

Nerf? No it's an obvious bug.

The bigger question is why in the hell are you talenting last resort for a heroic run. It's not even worthwhile on most mythic bosses outside of some niche uses let alone heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

The bigger question is why in the hell are you talenting last resort for a heroic run. It's not even worthwhile on most mythic bosses outside of some niche uses let alone heroic.
    Not everyone is competing in the World First race. Jesus let people play the way they like, all 3 of the talents on that row have their uses.

Because it gives you a continue, even tho almost never really used after you are done with progression.
    i usually run with LR whenever when i'm too lazy to care. so i just play without much giving too much attention, and if my LR ever procs then i start playin the way i should.

also its one less button to press.

OHWAIT its tech614. Nvm
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Maybe because last ressort is the best talent you can run with. Everything Else is a waste.
    On Argus im tanking him to ~15 stacks before i die, which is not possible without it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...spec=Vengeance

right

Argus the Unmaker:

Cheat Death and similar effects will not reset their cooldowns when you die during the final phase of the Argus the Unmaker encounter.

todays hotfixes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr1n1ty View Post
    Weird, biggest thing I took from that is that Archi and Cin are the best Leggos? I can see Archi, but why Cin? It only works for the first 10% then it's worthless.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by artemol View Post
    maybe because last ressort is the best talent you can run with.
    ahahahahahaha

You should remind me where it's useful since I solo tanked the entire last phase of argus without dying once, my co tank got gibbed by a hammer on kin'garoth and I solo tanked an entire phase of him before stacks cleared and he got a battle res and in general if we where wiping I had to sit down or jump off something to die on heroic.

Outside of niche situations like hammer soaks in ToS, it's a shit talent. Especially on heroic. No amount of linking parse lords who don't even use pain to cast DS is going to make this less true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Weird, biggest thing I took from that is that Archi and Cin are the best Leggos? I can see Archi, but why Cin? It only works for the first 10% then it's worthless.
    It's parse lord warriors. It's why it's a joke to even link that, go look at their DS up time they weren't playing defensively at all. Just parse lording heroic. Cin in a lot of situations is a top dps lego, that's the only reason it was used. Parses.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-06 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Argus the Unmaker:

Cheat Death and similar effects will not reset their cooldowns when you die during the final phase of the Argus the Unmaker encounter.

todays hotfixes.
    This! /10chars

ahahahahahaha

You should remind me where it's useful since I solo tanked the entire last phase of argus without dying once, my co tank got gibbed by a hammer on kin'garoth and I solo tanked an entire phase of him before stacks cleared and he got a battle res and in general if we where wiping I had to sit down or jump off something to die on heroic.

Outside of niche situations like hammer soaks in ToS, it's a shit talent. Especially on heroic. No amount of linking parse lords who don't even use pain to cast DS is going to make this less true.

- - - Updated - - -

It's parse lord warriors. It's why it's a joke to even link that, go look at their DS up time they weren't playing defensively at all. Just parse lording heroic. Cin in a lot of situations is a top dps lego, that's the only reason it was used. Parses.
    Link your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you KNOW why Last Resort is superior to Soul Barrier / Demonic Infusion?

#1 Soul Barrier gives you a maximum of ~2.5mil shield and consumes your soulfragments aswell as costing 10 pain & has a 30 second cooldown.

#2 Last Resort gives you a Cheat Death cooldown, the STRONGEST cd period. in the game, period.

#3. Last Resort gives you 1 Full Meta, read what Meta Does.

#4 Not using Soul Barrier gives you the ability to spend those 5 Soul Fragments into another SpiritBomb / Soulcleave-Spot SelfHeal.

#5 Why would you use 5 fragments for a 2.5M Shield when you have ~12m hp and that small shield should never be realiable for you to survive a 1shot mechanic as most abilities will overkill you through all your defensives regardless.

#6 Did i mention that you can heal youself for ~15million within 30 seconds by using your fragments wisely?

#7 Did i mention that in those 30 seconds, you can also push sik deeps into the boss.

#8 Did i mention that all fire damage you do heals you?

#9 Look back at previous #.

#10 PM Me for tips.

#11 Demonic Infusion is useless when you are using your Legendary Legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who ever says just LR is superior or just DI is superior are wrong. Both talents are superior depending on the fight and whether it's progression or not. If there are fights with large bursts that can kill you, LR is better. If there are fights where you take high amounts of damage consistently, DI is better to help decrease that.

For fights like the Hounds where they have high magic burst that can kill you, having LR is a nice safety net. Same with the Vari fight where if you die, it'll wipe the entire raid.

I'd say DI is probably better for Argus now that DR doesn't get reset and the Hunter boss or Portal keeper who have consistently high damage output but no real 1 shot mechanic.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-12-06 at 08:26 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Demonic Infusion is useless when you are using your Legendary Legs.
    I don't think I want any tips from someone this far gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Link your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you KNOW why Last Resort is superior to Soul Barrier / Demonic Infusion?

#1 Soul Barrier gives you a maximum of ~2.5mil shield and consumes your soulfragments aswell as costing 10 pain & has a 30 second cooldown.

#2 Last Resort gives you a Cheat Death cooldown, the STRONGEST cd period. in the game, period.

#3. Last Resort gives you 1 Full Meta, read what Meta Does.

#4 Not using Soul Barrier gives you the ability to spend those 5 Soul Fragments into another SpiritBomb / Soulcleave-Spot SelfHeal.

#5 Why would you use 5 fragments for a 2.5M Shield when you have ~12m hp and that small shield should never be realiable for you to survive a 1shot mechanic as most abilities will overkill you through all your defensives regardless.

#6 Did i mention that you can heal youself for ~15million within 30 seconds by using your fragments wisely?

#7 Did i mention that in those 30 seconds, you can also push sik deeps into the boss.

#8 Did i mention that all fire damage you do heals you?

#9 Look back at previous #.

#10 PM Me for tips.

#11 Demonic Infusion is useless when you are using your Legendary Legs.
    You realize 10 pain is nothing? you can pop barrier at 0 souls and then execute your regular spirit bomb rotation and each of those 5 souls you consume will directly fuel the barrier. Are you also going to completely ignore its minimum absorb shield, probably its most important part? Also, a 2.5m shield (as if it's only that) every 30s is bad now? (even considering it's actually much more than a mere 2.5m shield).

Unless you're playing really bad, LR is litetally a wasted talent. Sure it can be used in progression and if you're fairly undergeared, but usually both Barrier and DI are a better option - except very challenging content like say a m+23.

And also lol, DI is useless with legendary pants? Right. Not like the pants actually amplifies DIs value by refilling an extra charge.

Very good insights.

edit: mind you I'm not defending the guy you're arguing with, he's way far gone to even try to discuss with.
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2017-12-07 at 11:19 AM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Pretty much just ignore anything Tech614 posts. He's been shitposting on the DH forums since the beginning of the expansion and never provides anything to back it up. You'll have a far better time not feeding into his trolling.

Is there actually a stigma towards tanks with good logs, or is it just Tech that is pushing “parse lord” hate.

Personally I think that if you can sacrifice tankyness for damage without causing problems then you are contributing more than a tank that is overgeared and stacking defense unnecessarily. I don’t see the value in being able to solo tank a phase that is designed to be duoed. It just means that whenever your partner doesn’t mess up you are costing the raid a considerable amount of damage.

It isn’t hard for vengeance to push out a lot of dps, especially in add fights. It is literally one of the strengths of the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Those were damage rankings and Cindaria + Archi gives the best 1 target DPS, or maybe the new ring with proper tier2s.

Keep it clean please guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Unless you're playing really bad, LR is litetally a wasted talent. Sure it can be used in progression and if you're fairly undergeared, but usually both Barrier and DI are a better option - except very challenging content like say a m+23.
    Contrary to the belief of heroic heroes, it's possible to die through no fault of your own.