Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Thanks.

Some guy from Death and Taxes said that in vanilla no one realized there was a safe spot for months so the boss took forever to kill. That sounds like it was fun.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-C Hands View Post
    Reign of Darkness on Stormscale.
    Where do you play now? A few of us are on sargeras. I didn't join RoD till tbc but a few from vanilla are here still.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I've seen that, hard to tell the timings of when which groups are moving where though from a video.

On a side note, man they kill it fast compared to old vanilla kills. Old videos from 2006 are like 22-25 minute kills. Also, man their characters have a lot of HP compared to videos from 2006.
    I agree, this doesn't feel authentic to Vanilla numbers in terms of HP/Dmg done.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

That isn't a guide!

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx is out on Elysium? (Light's Hope)

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Where do you play now? A few of us are on sargeras. I didn't join RoD till tbc but a few from vanilla are here still.
    I play off and on. Mostly on Kel'Thuzad. Who is still around from Vanilla days?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-C Hands View Post
    I play off and on. Mostly on Kel'Thuzad. Who is still around from Vanilla days?
    Pigga, chimpy, red, bobby and his sister, Oren, scoob. I know gab and kel are on our server but they don't raid with us.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I've seen that, hard to tell the timings of when which groups are moving where though from a video.

On a side note, man they kill it fast compared to old vanilla kills. Old videos from 2006 are like 22-25 minute kills. Also, man their characters have a lot of HP compared to videos from 2006.
    Our guild have tanks on bottom move at 3 marks and top tanks move at 2 marks. I havnt tanked top that often though so I dont really know why we decided on 2 marks there.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx View Post
    Killed in actual Vanilla, and JohnnyMccrum is basically right. Eight rotating tanks. If I remember right (it was a long time ago, I don't remember all the actual details, lol), what made it extra sucky was that it wasn't just eight tanks, for many guilds it was 8 WARRIOR tanks with 4pc t3, because without it the tank switching was absolute balls. I do remember that the fight itself was not bad/hard at all. Even the rotation strat was not a big deal. The only really hard part, and why it took so long for guilds to down them, was tank gearing.
    6 tanks doable
    8 tanks highly preferable and much easier. Also yea, you'll NEED 4pc t3 PLUS ZG hit trinket to minimize RNG wipes, though you'll still have a 1% chance to miss taunt with all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    People in 2017 just have addons that yell at people to move. Back in the day some guilds might have written custom addons to do this, or just written out macros in the order they wanted the swaps announced and hit them on a timer.
    You dont need an addon to know when to move. Just look at your marks. 4hm isnt hard on a player-by-player lvl but on the grand scale because there are so many moving parts that all have to work together. 1 fail and the system falls appart.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It was released a few months back and cleared the first week by 2-3 guilds. Currently 5-10 guilds have 15/15 on farm (mine excluded, we're still working on KT). They dont allow worldbuffs in Naxx though making some fights pretty hard.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Irrelevant as it’s a scam server. So who cares?

Wouldn't worry about it too much dude, there will be plenty of time to research and recruit before you get there.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope lights hope (renamed Lightbringer, not long ago) is not on naxx, they are just about to be starting on AQ.

It is out on kronos however, and has been for awhile.
    Quite abit smaller server pop now, so longer pvp que times id imagine.
    But atleast to my experience the people there are quite friendly.
    Prob just a result of more reasonable server size -> less conflict over limited recources.

Just had a look and yea heres the patch projection
    Patch 1.8, "Dragons of Nightmare", releases on November 22
    Patch 1.9, "The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj", releases on December 13, which begins the Ahn'Qiraj War Effort
    Patch 1.10, "Storms of Azeroth" will be released four (4) weeks after the first defeat of C'thun
    Patch 1.11, "Shadow of the Necropolis" will be released eight (8) weeks after 1.10
    Last edited by Ettan; 2017-12-06 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Pigga, chimpy, red, bobby and his sister, Oren, scoob. I know gab and kel are on our server but they don't raid with us.
    Holy Shit! No way! Well that's just amazing. Haven't spoken to Chimpy in 10 years. And Pigga is still around? Blast from the past haha.

Blessings says Hi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the hardest part of the fight was finding 8 tanks with enough gear to do the boss without getting them poached.

My guild spent longer farming the earlier bosses to have enough geared tanks [and trying for as many Thunderfurys as we could] than we did actually progressing on him. The boss itself wasn't mechanically that difficult for anyone except the tank swapping.

Actual XP from Vanilla raiding.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Irrelevant as it’s a scam server. So who cares?
    Why is it irrelevant? It's blizzlike, with blizzlike values and they dont allow worldbuffs in Naxx so in reality its actually harder than on retail vanilla.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

The encounters on private servers are educated guesses at best. Tweaked to someone's recollection or even determination of what is "good". You cannot really go by anything from when it was live other than overall strat.

Best to wait until CLassic comes out and you will get the exact fight, the way it was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    The encounters on private servers are educated guesses at best. Tweaked to someone's recollection or even determination of what is "good". You cannot really go by anything from when it was live other than overall strat.

Best to wait until CLassic comes out and you will get the exact fight, the way it was.
    That is incorrect. Damage values, mechanics etc are WELL documented in a wide array of sources. Websites, addons, forums, db-sites (wowwiki, thottbot, wowhead, allhakazam etc) and countless videos. Especially in late vanilla raids like AQ40 and Naxx. There may be a few blanks sure that needs to be filled by guesses.

id imagine 5-6 tanks would work just fine.

with 5 youd constantly be rotating in a clockwise motion, but if tanks tank too long this way you just add another tank into the clockwise formation.

Quote Originally Posted by fizyx View Post
    Killed in actual Vanilla, and JohnnyMccrum is basically right. Eight rotating tanks. If I remember right (it was a long time ago, I don't remember all the actual details, lol), what made it extra sucky was that it wasn't just eight tanks, for many guilds it was 8 WARRIOR tanks with 4pc t3, because without it the tank switching was absolute balls. I do remember that the fight itself was not bad/hard at all. Even the rotation strat was not a big deal. The only really hard part, and why it took so long for guilds to down them, was tank gearing.
    I was in Deus Vox at this time and yes it was 8 geared tanks. We actually geared out 2 alt warriors at the time to get this done. And at this time it was 5 pc not 4 pc as sets went 3/5/8 for bonuses. It was do able with 6 or 7 warriors just made it really ugly as 2 warriors were always running and there were not many speed boosts at this time and greatly increased the possibility of mistake or a missed/resisted taunt could spell the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Why is it irrelevant? It's blizzlike, with blizzlike values and they dont allow worldbuffs in Naxx so in reality its actually harder than on retail vanilla.
    You just admitted that it won’t mirror conditions of the true classic server experience.

Besides, it’s only a matter of time before they abruptly close their doors, run off with the donations, and wait a month or two before starting up again as a new server under different names, like so many before them.