Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Have you actually tried to figure out under the tax plan how much more you will owe, if any? It is still not finalized, but the early estimates for myself is about 200 dollars less taxes I will have to pay. Not a large amount and certainly not the massive amount Trump has said. lol! But I will gladly take the 200 more bucks a year for myself and wife. The tax plan is going to be finalized this month, before Christmas. Instead of listening to the doomsayers, try to see how much you will save or owe more.
    $200 less per year, while the tax cuts are still in effect... Just out of curiosity, have you run the numbers on what it will look like after the personal tax cuts expire ? What are you expecting it to look like at the end of the 10 years ?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    $200 less per year, while the tax cuts are still in effect... Just out of curiosity, have you run the numbers on what it will look like after the personal tax cuts expire ? What are you expecting it to look like at the end of the 10 years ?
    Couldn't you talk about this in the thread that is actually about the tax bill? This is the Travel Ban thread, which is a completely separate Trump disaster, this one is about placating his base, the other one is about robbing them.

So remind me, what was it the Trump Administration needed this time to "figure out"?

Oh right, they never advanced any reasoning for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It's better for everyone in the long run.
    So you're happy with a travel ban that doesn't apply to any country that Islamic terrorists have actually come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    The list contains a small minority of muslim nations, all of them who are failed states in various phases of revolution or anarchy. Want to call it a Muslim ban? Let me know when Kuwait, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Indonesia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Jordan, Lebanon, Bangladesh, and Nigeria are on the list.
    Want to call it a security founded ban? Let me know when pakistan, uganda, kenya, congo and nigeria are added as they were the worst performing countries in the last wispi report. Oh and Russia should be on that list as well as it performed worse than Iran.

Or better yet, let me know when the countries that weren't included in the last report are added because one of the reasons they weren't included is the one you're stating here yourself, internal conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

So you're happy with a travel ban that doesn't apply to any country that Islamic terrorists have actually come from?
    It's not about doing something, it's about feeling something.

If a politician can make you feel something, they don't have to do anything, and can still pretend that they did because they paid you lip service and can complain that the other side is at fault when said poltician's lack of doing anything fails to... do anything.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Yet, we allow the mentally unstable purchase guns. Logic.

- - - Updated - - -

If only this ban was enforced before the Las Vegas attack, or the Texas church massacre...Oh wait.
    We are more scared of the brown people who want to come in who are not like us, than the white ones who are already here and are fucking crazy and have the fire power to murder dozens in minutes. 'Murrica.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So remind me, what was it the Trump Administration needed this time to "figure out"?

Oh right, they never advanced any reasoning for that.

They needed 90 days to come up with and implement their 'extreme vetting'. But obviously they can't start doing that since that thinking team is also the team that has to fight those legal battles, apparently.

Other than that, it might just be that this implementation argument is just a thinly veiled ploy to just keep extending the ban, because getting a temporary ban in and extending that all the time is easier than getting a permanent (speak: until the next democrat comes in) one through.

Have you actually tried to figure out under the tax plan how much more you will owe, if any? It is still not finalized, but the early estimates for myself is about 200 dollars less taxes I will have to pay. Not a large amount and certainly not the massive amount Trump has said. lol! But I will gladly take the 200 more bucks a year for myself and wife. The tax plan is going to be finalized this month, before Christmas. Instead of listening to the doomsayers, try to see how much you will save or owe more.
    I did for the House plan. I expect to owe a few hundred more, and that's assuming that my university doesn't raise tuition. Cutting a meal a day is hyperbole for me. But not really for some of my colleagues, and many of my friends at other universities, whose "income" is suddenly going to be around $70k a year, which means they'll be paying thousands of extra dollars in tax. On the same stipend of about ~$20k. Simply paying for rent, food and taxes will cause them to lose money each year. I.e. they're being taxed for not being able to live off sunlight.

I mean, if Republicans wanted to fuck liberal arts majors and 'useless' degrees, they're doing a pretty ass job of it, since these changes affect primarily STEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It hasn't been taken out of their hands, and this isn't a verdict. They want it to make its way through the lower courts so that they can properly decide on it by the end of June.

As per your article. Did you read it?
    They took it out of the lower courts just randomly blocking, sorry I didn't spell it out for most of you, I figured you guy knew enough, my assumptions we're wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    They took it out of the lower courts just randomly blocking, sorry I didn't spell it out for most of you, I figured you guy knew enough, my assumptions we're wrong.
    They do not want to admit it is a win for Trump.

On the Tax plan guys, I apologize for even bringing that up, as it is not related to the topic of this thread.

It's the Supreme Court, what else was expected?

It stopped being a court of law a long time ago and is now just an extension of the republican party.

Deleted
    So I know it is a little off topic, but was there even that many people that migrated to the US from those places? Especially Chad, because I have no idea why that country is on the list exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    No like for real, are Pakistan and Saudi Arabia added?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    It's the Supreme Court, what else was expected?

It stopped being a court of law a long time ago and is now just an extension of the republican party.
    The Supreme Court at this time is equally balanced with Conservatives ( 4 ) to Liberals ( 4 ). Blame the one independent if you want to blame anyone. lol!

The Supreme Court at this time is equally balanced with Conservatives ( 4 ) to Liberals ( 4 ). Blame the one independent if you want to blame anyone. lol!
    What independent? he votes republican 99% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    No like for real, are Pakistan and Saudi Arabia added?
    I do not think so. But I think they should have been. But the reason is clear. Oil. Pakistan we trade a lot with them. I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    What independent? he votes republican 99% of the time.
    So he is a smart independent. lol!

No, because one is an actuall nuclear power with oil, and the others buy american arms in mass.
    Now, Chechnya, Iraq, Egypt are fine as well. Totally unrelated to terrorism.

So he is a smart independent. lol!
    Or in reality he is a republican.

Now you're just being stupid there. It's been 5 conservatives to 4 democrats for the longest time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Now you're just being stupid there. It's been 5 conservatives to 4 democrats for the longest time.
    Wrong. The one justice is considered to be a independent. Just because he has ruled against your opinion, does not make him a conservative no more then the 2 liberal justices who ruled in favor of the religion case in Mo., conservative.