Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I never suggested any logic here, but okay.

We do NOT know how the new Black Qiraji War Tank will be obtained (a thing that appeared on the very first PTR build of a major patch does not count, sorry).
    Maybe we should wait until Blizzard says something on this instead of jumping onto throats ?
    I'm not. I'm simply saying that I hope the legacy tag is not intended, as it implies that it's not something players can earn until they build a time machine. I also mentioned that Scarab Lords currently have it automatically added to their mount tab, which kind of reinforces the notion that it might not be obtainable for anyone playing today.

As I said: I also don't think Scarab Lords should have it because they have not worked to earn it. They worked, yes. They earned, yes. They got their original mount and title over 10 years ago. I simply don't think it should entitle them to a new Black Qiraji War Tank model.

Sorry if I sounded aggressive in it, but I was simply taking the notion that Scarab Lords are entitled to a new model 10+ years later that takes liberties with the original design and applying it to the wielders of the original Corrupted Ashbringer and Rhok'delar.

- - - Updated - - -

If the first thing you want to do when you hear something you don't like / not sure on how it will work is rage, then sure, go on about, this will surely be useful. /s
    You're correct, but I don't see how it could be unintentional. The Legacy tag and the fact that Scarab Lords specifically have it on the PTR automatically added to their spellbook indicates that someone made it work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Same here (but I think I have the 25m and missing the 10m), this achievement is just a pain in the ass with the insane damage you deal even bare handed to those mobs.
    As an aside, you don't have to kill the mobs for the achievement. You can just gather them up and wait for them to be aoed down by the boss. At least, that worked the last time I did that achievement. I doubt it was bugged/fixed considering it's an old raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're correct, but I don't see how it could be unintentional. The Legacy tag and the fact that Scarab Lords specifically have it on the PTR automatically added to their spellbook indicates that someone made it work that way.
    Tentatively holding my breath that they just copy pasted the old tanks stuff(with minimal mods, journal desc. etc) and that's why it shows up like that.
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2017-12-05 at 01:58 PM.

We hit a new low with this discussion.

Those who are frustrated because they are moving some achievements to legacy (which makes them even more rare since you can't do them anymore) need to take a serious look at themselves.

Why did you do the achievements in the first place ?
    1) Because of the challenge. You completed the challenge, this isn't changing anything.
    2) For completion purposes. It is still completed.
    3) For bragging rights. First LMAO TO THAT and second since it's now legacy you have more bragging right than before (but still not much, chill the fuck down).

In any case you should probably think about why you need that so bad in your life and why it makes you react that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    As an aside, you don't have to kill the mobs for the achievement. You can just gather them up and wait for them to be aoed down by the boss. At least, that worked the last time I did that achievement. I doubt it was bugged/fixed considering it's an old raid.
    That's what I did both times.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the first thing you want to do when you hear something you don't like / not sure on how it will work is rage, then sure, go on about, this will surely be useful. /s
    oh wow, i need to wait, to something bad happen to complain, when there is no way back?

what you are ten? come on

Deleted
    Brothers and sisters, I come to you with a burden of question. Is there any indication of Void Elves voices becoming deeper while they become part of the Void? Just like Magister Umbric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqtDQTnQZA&t=2s

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    We hit a new low with this discussion.

Those who are frustrated because they are moving some achievements to legacy (which makes them even more rare since you can't do them anymore) need to take a serious look at themselves.

Why did you do the achievements in the first place ?
    1) Because of the challenge. You completed the challenge, this isn't changing anything.
    2) For completion purposes. It is still completed.
    3) For bragging rights. First LMAO TO THAT and second since it's now legacy you have more bragging right than before (but still not much, chill the fuck down).

In any case you should probably think about why you need that so bad in your life and why it makes you react that way.
    Another theoretician.

People who are into achievements are doing them as a form of collection. When something devalues your collection, the desire to continue decreases and after the devaluing happens enough times the desire to continue disappears. Because why do next achievements X, Y, Z when some of them may get devalued?? Better wait to see which ones will stay. And in the extreme case when devaluing happens often, better not do it at all. The fun from completing a collection can't be had.

The devaluing of things does happen with idiotic devs, yes. One of the ready examples here is HS. The collectioner angle was big in the first year or so, but with the appearance of classic vs wild and then the abandonment of wild, and then the cool changes to the pricing model, it all collapsed into a zero. HS isn't dead, but it lost that angle completely.

But in this particular case, things are better. Blizzard are apparently removing achievements because they are removing raiding modes. This means that this is a relatively unusual event. As an unusual event, this is fine.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-12-05 at 02:10 PM.

Tentatively holding my breath that they just copy pasted the old tanks stuff(with minimal mods, journal desc. etc) and that's why it shows up like that.
    As far as I know, the Black Qiraji Battle Tank mount does not say Legacy, but: "World Drop: Ahn'Qiraj".

And the other new Qiraji War Tanks have Source: Call of the Scarab. All three current mounts, including the Black one, have the same description flavor text, though.

Blue Qiraji War Tank
    The Qiraji War Tank has only been seen recently during the Call of the Scarab, could this hint at a resurfacing of the deadly creatures?
    Source: World Event: Call of the Scarab

Red Qiraji War Tank
    The Qiraji War Tank has only been seen recently during the Call of the Scarab, could this hint at a resurfacing of the deadly creatures?
    Source: World Event: Call of the Scarab

Black Qiraji War Tank
    Legacy

If I'm correct, that means that whomever worked last on the mounts before the build was launched very specifically made the Black one differ from the other two, as well as have it immediately end up in Scarab Lords' mount tabs. I don't see why they would accidentally pull along a bit of coding that made it end up that way by sheer coincidence.

But then again: I am not well-versed in that kind of stuff. I am a modeling/visual guy, so I can only guess, while people like Marlamin would be able to offer more insight on it from a coding perspective.

As an aside, I don't know any mounts with the Legacy tag other than this one and the original Classic riding mounts, like the Palomino, that were later replaced with the armored epic mounts. Not even the original Black Qiraji Battle Tank, nor the retired Spectral Gryphon or Tyrael's Charger mounts.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-12-05 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Brothers and sisters, I come to you with a burden of question. Is there any indication of Void Elves voices becoming deeper while they become part of the Void? Just like Magister Umbric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqtDQTnQZA&t=2s
    I doubt it - The VOs for VElf already have that echo-y/whispery effect.

Deleted
    I doubt it - The VOs for VElf already have that echo-y/whispery effect.
    You are probably right. I know, and this is precisely why doubts gathered in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    People who are into achievements are doing them as a form of collection. When something devalues your collection, the desire to continue decreases and after the devaluing happens enough times the desire to continue disappears.
    Don't speak for others. I don't care a bit about the collection. What i care about is doing the stuff when it is available, and doing as much of it as a i can.

Besides, the collection isn't devalued. Quite the opposite. Legacy achievements are worth more precisely because they can't be achieved anymore, so possessing them is more prestigious.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Don't speak for others. I don't care a bit about the collection. What i care about is doing the stuff when it is available, and doing as much of it as a i can.

Besides, the collection isn't devalued. Quite the opposite. Legacy achievements are worth more precisely because they can't be achieved anymore, so possessing them is more prestigious.
    That means you aren't into achievements, that's all.

They are probably taking two old versions of the raid and are making a scaling new one - with an arbitrary number of difficulties, but just one scaling version instead of two different versions. If so, they could keep both two old versions of the raid as well as a scaling new one, but there is an argument in favor of collapsing it all to just the new one (don't have to carry cruft that takes space and special cases and can break during routine updates).
    It could also be a technical issue, with a zone only being able to either be flexible or fixed, with any change between the two requiring a server update.

This didn't impact BT since it only had a single difficulty to begin with.

It could also be a technical issue, with a zone only being able to either be flexible or fixed, with any change between the two requiring a server update.

This didn't impact BT since it only had a single difficulty to begin with.
    That's a technical decision, yes.

That didn't impact BT in that BT didn't have two sets of achievements. But the effect of the change (the old version of the raid no longer being there because it was replaced by a new, scaling one) was felt in spades. My level 73 or so tank woke up to suddenly barely being able to down the first boss due to a humongous increase in HP (6x or something) and a strengthening of the enrage.

That means you aren't into achievements, that's all.
    No, that means i'm not a collector. Those don't actually care about the achievements themselves, they care about the collecting and the collection. I don't give a crap about the collection, i'm in it for the achievements.

No, that means i'm not a collector. Those don't actually care about the achievements themselves, they care about the collecting and the collection. I don't give a crap about the collection, i'm in it for the achievements.
    OK, if you prefer using that term, let's use that. That means you are not a collector. I was speaking about collectors. (And I think the number of people who are collectors to a bigger or smaller extent is huge - the majority of players who keep subbing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    You are probably right. I know, and this is precisely why doubts gathered in my heart.
    The reason Umbric has lines with a "normal" voice is that in the Scenario, you talk to him before the transformation to Void Elf, but it seems after the transformation all the Void Elves talk with the shadowy effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator Garrus View Post
    The reason Umbric has lines with a "normal" voice is that in the Scenario, you talk to him before the transformation to Void Elf, but it seems after the transformation all the Void Elves talk with the shadowy effect.
    Yes, I know. But I thought that maybe echo goes deeper when void engulfs them.

Another theoretician.

People who are into achievements are doing them as a form of collection. When something devalues your collection, the desire to continue decreases and after the devaluing happens enough times the desire to continue disappears. Because why do next achievements X, Y, Z when some of them may get devalued?? Better wait to see which ones will stay. And in the extreme case when devaluing happens often, better not do it at all. The fun from completing a collection can't be had.

The devaluing of things does happen with idiotic devs, yes. One of the ready examples here is HS. The collectioner angle was big in the first year or so, but with the appearance of classic vs wild and then the abandonment of wild, and then the cool changes to the pricing model, it all collapsed into a zero. HS isn't dead, but it lost that angle completely.

But in this particular case, things are better. Blizzard are apparently removing achievements because they are removing raiding modes. This means that this is a relatively unusual event. As an unusual event, this is fine.
    I understand the collection aspect, I'm not a hardcore achievement hunter by any standards but I like knowing that one thing is "done".
    But I also find the reaction of some people disproportionate especially since they are not removing them but moving them to legacy. If you did the achievement before the change it means that you collected something that isn't available anymore making your collection better than those who didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    oh wow, i need to wait, to something bad happen to complain, when there is no way back?

what you are ten? come on
    If hes ten you must be a fetus. He said you shouldnt freak out when u dont even know how it works.

And also raging isnt feedback
    Also if you cared about feedback youd say it on their forums
    Also u should realize just cus u give feedback doesnt mean it will change anything.

So if you want to be an adult first step is not "freaking out" at the first hint that something might not be what u want.

From there cones accepting things u cant change

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know. But I thought that maybe echo goes deeper when void engulfs them.
    Given how umbral he soundes and the fact he sounds less human and more like zeratul (who speaks telepathically) i was thinking unlike the void elves his transformation was deeper. I am half expecting to see him as a humanoid void lord/elemental.

But thats just guess work. But it is common in blizz and rpg franchises for hero units and story characters to be monsters the players cant be
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default