Premium benefits

Current Avatar and Signature file sizes are limited to 20kb and 50kb respectively.

It would be nice if Premium offered to raise this allowance to something a little more generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since an actual person (one that isn't paid a dime) has to check that you aren't abusing the file size limits I can pretty much guarantee that is never going to happen. That or they would have to pay someone to code a program that checks file size and hope that it's smart enough to not to recheck static links from imgur etc.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2017-11-26 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Since an actual person (one that isn't paid a dime) has to check that you aren't abusing the file size limits I can pretty much guarantee that is never going to happen. That or they would have to pay someone to code a program that checks file size and hope that it's smart enough to not to recheck static links from imgur etc.
    *stares at chaud and dinosaur*

I actually think this is a feature they'd be likely to implement. File size restrictions aren't a big deal. (Although to be honest, if OP's avatar/signature were any more spinny then I'd have to ignore him. Not sure the bigger size would make for better pictures, in this case.)

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    What's it matter if they're already checking, regardless?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *stares at chaud and dinosaur*

I actually think this is a feature they'd be likely to implement. File size restrictions aren't a big deal. (Although to be honest, if OP's avatar/signature were any more spinny then I'd have to ignore him. Not sure the bigger size would make for better pictures, in this case.)
    My first choice of an avatar was this:

Yup, something I'm thinking about, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Increase the size limit but ban dumbass animations like the one OP has
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Increase the size limit but ban dumbass animations like the one OP has
    What makes it "dumb"? It's a simple illusion animation. Stop staring at it if it's that much of an issue to you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What's it matter if they're already checking, regardless?
    Sorry for the extremely late response. It's bad because this site would generate lots of additional traffic depending on the check frequency. That could potentially cause certain image hosts to outright ban hotlinking images to this site and others doing that. Granted it appears this site copies the image to their own CDN but it's only that way for avatars and not signatures.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2017-12-03 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    What makes it "dumb"? It's a simple illusion animation. Stop staring at it if it's that much of an issue to you...
    You can also block it with your AdBlocker like I did.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-12-05 at 02:11 PM. Reason: 20KB

15+ Year Old Account
    As a person that bought premium because it makes you better than the peasants, i would also like higher sizes.