Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    As a heroic only guild that raids one night a week, Coven hit us like a brick wall. We put in ~8 attempts before calling it a night and at best we got to around 60%. The damage on that fight seems ridiculously over-tuned for heroic.
    It does hit like a truck, but it’s not meant to be healing check. It’s a straight mechanics check. You aren’t supposed to take damage or more than a tick of damage. It’s a little tricky at first and very unforgiving. You could try enforcing everyone wearing pyrdaz and have someone clearly call out storm and titan abilities as they come up.

Overall, heroic isn’t too bad. Guild went 11/11 N and 2/11H night one. About 15 of us got together for a few more hours the next night to get 8/11H (we are a 1 day mythic guild so these were optional), and I pugged to 11/11H. We wiped a few times to Imonar due to people being aggressive and breaking traps. The pull we went slower and tried to not break any traps we beat it. Kin’garath is all about saving lust, cd’s, and pots for adds. We always made sure to kill the purple add as one of the first two which made it very easy. Beyond that Coven is a straight mechanics check, Aggramar is a cc/add control check, and Argus is about not dying to easy mechanics. Overall, easier than expected, but I’m excited for mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Probably View Post
    It does hit like a truck, but it’s not meant to be healing check. It’s a straight mechanics check. You aren’t supposed to take damage or more than a tick of damage. It’s a little tricky at first and very unforgiving. You could try enforcing everyone wearing pyrdaz and have someone clearly call out storm and titan abilities as they come up.

Overall, heroic isn’t too bad. Guild went 11/11 N and 2/11H night one. About 15 of us got together for a few more hours the next night to get 8/11H (we are a 1 day mythic guild so these were optional), and I pugged to 11/11H. We wiped a few times to Imonar due to people being aggressive and breaking traps. The pull we went slower and tried to not break any traps we beat it. Kin’garath is all about saving lust, cd’s, and pots for adds. We always made sure to kill the purple add as one of the first two which made it very easy. Beyond that Coven is a straight mechanics check, Aggramar is a cc/add control check, and Argus is about not dying to easy mechanics. Overall, easier than expected, but I’m excited for mythic.
    You "aren't suppose to take damage" ... what? It's an RNG fest if you're standing in a safe spot or not. If you have the fire dot without an immunity and need to take a couple ticks you will be dead. The damage is absurd for heroic. Anyone who says otherwise is probably raiding with health pools supported by mythic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    You "aren't suppose to take damage" ... what? It's an RNG fest if you're standing in a safe spot or not. If you have the fire dot without an immunity and need to take a couple ticks you will be dead. The damage is absurd for heroic. Anyone who says otherwise is probably raiding with health pools supported by mythic gear.
    Well yea I have my mythic gear, but I killed it in like 5-6 attempts in a pug. Like I said it’s unforgiving, but it’s doable. Don’t fret too much about room in the safe zone either. Just don’t be right on top of someone, and get somewhere ASAP. My two cents is just start moving toward the bosses/melee. There’s was always multiple places to stand in that area every time it seemed.

Also my class isn’t but even that mobile. Don’t be the guy trying to finish your cast. You will have a bad time.

High Command and Kingaroth seem to be pug killers on both difficulties.

On heroic I pugged my way to Coven on 2 characters. Spent a good amount of time on the fight in both groups and the fight is pretty ugly although not impossible. Storm lining up with several other abilities can quickly lead to a wipe. The adds on Aggramar look punishing, but I have no experience on that fight on heroic.

My guiild breezed through normal as if its nothing and then we hit a brick wall on high command. We are doing the mechanics properly, it's just that their health is so over inflated its crazy. We wiped after 10 or so minutes of fighting due to fusilates. Boss was at 20%ish percent health. for comparison, our kill of worldbreaker took 4 minutes 45 seconds and dogs took 5 minutes 18 seconds. So we don't have the strongest dpsers in the world, but by far not the worst.

I think we might be doing the adds incorrectly and losing too much dps time on the boss. Any help would be appreciated.

Regarding my experience with pugs - last night I joined a coven hc pug and I can honestly say it's the most unfun boss I've ever had the displeasure of trying. So much RNG that can kill you instantly without you being able to do anything about it.

Storm and golganneth overlap? wipe. Storm circles appear under norgannon adds? wipe. Storm circles spawn far from you? die.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Covent of Shivarra and Aggramar on heroic. Rest is not even worth discussing.
    same thought

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    My guiild breezed through normal as if its nothing and then we hit a brick wall on high command. We are doing the mechanics properly, it's just that their health is so over inflated its crazy. We wiped after 10 or so minutes of fighting due to fusilates. Boss was at 20%ish percent health. for comparison, our kill of worldbreaker took 4 minutes 45 seconds and dogs took 5 minutes 18 seconds. So we don't have the strongest dpsers in the world, but by far not the worst.

I think we might be doing the adds incorrectly and losing too much dps time on the boss. Any help would be appreciated.

Regarding my experience with pugs - last night I joined a coven hc pug and I can honestly say it's the most unfun boss I've ever had the displeasure of trying. So much RNG that can kill you instantly without you being able to do anything about it.

Storm and golganneth overlap? wipe. Storm circles appear under norgannon adds? wipe. Storm circles spawn far from you? die.
    Do you apply 15% damage taken buff to boss from first pod constantly? High command is not really a very heavy dps check...
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Do you apply 15% damage taken buff to boss from first pod constantly? High command is not really a very heavy dps check...
    We are. At least that's what people in my raid say they are doing. I don't know how to see it from logs, maybe you can https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done best attempt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Probably View Post
    Well yea I have my mythic gear, but I killed it in like 5-6 attempts in a pug. Like I said it’s unforgiving, but it’s doable. Don’t fret too much about room in the safe zone either. Just don’t be right on top of someone, and get somewhere ASAP. My two cents is just start moving toward the bosses/melee. There’s was always multiple places to stand in that area every time it seemed.

Also my class isn’t but even that mobile. Don’t be the guy trying to finish your cast. You will have a bad time.
    Then you were lucky with which titans you get overlap with. Storm by itself is not dangerous. 100% of the difficulty of that fight is from the overlaps of storm with titans. Storm + Golganneth overlap is instant wipe, and there is very little you can do about it.

We are. At least that's what people in my raid say they are doing. I don't know how to see it from logs, maybe you can https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done best attempt

- - - Updated - - -

Then you were lucky with which titans you get overlap with. Storm by itself is not dangerous. 100% of the difficulty of that fight is from the overlaps of storm with titans. Storm + Golganneth overlap is instant wipe, and there is very little you can do about it.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=244420 Uptime is ok but can be improved (first pod especially; Dudes' not putting up a raidwide 15% dmg buff untill everyones CDs already have fallen off).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&target=96
    That being said, you shouldn't be afraid to have 4x whirlwinder adds up. Let dots and passive cleave deal with them. No need for your raiders to single target them; Shamans done 70M in lava bursts on whirlwinding adds, top DH is busy chaos striking them etc; Only thing that needs direct focus is the caster+the boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Your groyp is taking a shit ton of excesive damage (around 2x my groups damage taken) and dealing very low damage compared to the single target fights... High council is mostly an AoE fight, the faster you get rid of the adds, the lower Bladestorm damage is going on the group.

Also, you might want to go easy on mines there... Try exploding more with the pod and not by triggering them.

This fight is mostly about control. Control the adds, control the pods and control the mines.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Your groyp is taking a shit ton of excesive damage (around 2x my groups damage taken) and dealing very low damage compared to the single target fights... High council is mostly an AoE fight, the faster you get rid of the adds, the lower Bladestorm damage is going on the group.

Also, you might want to go easy on mines there... Try exploding more with the pod and not by triggering them.

This fight is mostly about control. Control the adds, control the pods and control the mines.
    Because the fight is so long, we had issues with mines timing out and exploding on top of us, so we decided to have the offtank trigger them 2-3 at a time. That's one of the reasons why damage taken is so high. Because boss damage is so low, it forces us to do it because fight is too long.

Eonar, such hard boss, much wow.

Because the fight is so long, we had issues with mines timing out and exploding on top of us, so we decided to have the offtank trigger them 2-3 at a time. That's one of the reasons why damage taken is so high. Because boss damage is so low, it forces us to do it because fight is too long.
    We wiped a lot on Command by trying a strategy that involved the OT blowing up 2-3 mines consistently. It's just too much damage over the course of the fight and drains healer mana.

Instead what we did was completely ignore mines (except for the ones spawning in the first 60 seconds of the fight). After that we did not intentionally blow any up. By the time you get to the 3rd pod, that person can start clearing the old mines as a priority with the pod ability, and work your way to the current pod. The boss should be dead by the time any fresh mines from the 3rd pod left over explode on their own. I think with my guild we killed it by the end of the 5th pod.