Poll: Vote.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Probably for classic if they don't mess up. If i can't have my old undead model and animations then certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    for me, i enjoyed doing that relatively quickly on each character i never complained about things to do, but my fun came from alts. if the content or raid or whatever was well done, bringing up my alt is way more enjoyable than the tedious grind and rng fest we have today.

i just dont like how bad RNG and extreme grinding has permeated thru the whole game.
    What grind? I keep hearing people talk about grinding stuff and I'm like "where is it? I don't see it."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    yeah, those had the opposite affect on me. Classic servers is Blizzard's way of saying, "Well we are all out of decent ideas let's let them redo everything and continue charging them for it." Classic servers makes me never want to play again.
    Yeah, for me, Blizzard has been out of decent ideas for WoW for more than a few years now; pretty much ever since they adopted a "less is more""we know what you want more than you do" attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    It hasn't always been like that The degree to which the time-gating goes in Legion on top of the fucking awful RNG with legendaries takes it to a new level, one that is impossible for me to cope with.

I like playing at least two alts while keeping my main ahead, and I play multiple specs on each character. Spec-specific legendaries and AP grinding seriously fucked me over in that regard (if the legendaries had been slot-specific with the legendary effect changing per spec, I probably could've tolerated the system).

Show me one bloody expansion where random BiS drops had progressively higher drop chances as a result of both patches and amount of grinding you've done trying to get that drop. You can't, because Legion is the only one that has done that. Knowing that my chances of getting a legendary from 10 hours of grinding are significantly better if I just wait several patches, that is demoralizing. It is inefficient to spend more time grinding on a worse drop rate, rather than simply waiting for the drop rate to be improved.

Inefficiency actively detracts from my enjoyment of any activity; Legion's inefficiency went far enough to motivate me to quit rather than deal with the stress it caused me. I play games for fun, not stress. If a game utilizes systems that are too inefficient, I can't enjoy it.
    Sounds like a personal problem to me. You don't consider it a game and don't have fun anymore. So feel free to quit if you don't like it. But raging at the game because it's not what you personally like it to be anymore is just immature.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

came back about 3 months ago after a long brake (since the start of cata) the new expansion dose not really interest me so past levelling in it and doing what needs doing (daily quests etc and the guilds raid nights) i'll be playing legacy far more than i will retail(assuming the come out around the same time)

Nope. I will be playing GW2 casually (or nothing) until the next evolution of MMOs happens in 10 - 20 years from now.

I'm not sure. If the stupid level scaling is an option, sure I'll probably be back. If not then this game can rot. Legacy servers are enticing, but not enough to make me buy a shit expansion. I've done enough of that in the past.

The large amount of max level non-raid content (which slowly nudges you towards raiding with things like the suramar questline requiring me to queue for mythics and raids, which showed me we had the ability to queue for actual, real raiding without a guild, which got me back into raiding, which made me want to do it regularly, so I got into a guild...), class specific content and improved spec identity got me back and leveling alts again in Legion after being apathetic about the endgame and barely playing since all the way back in WotLK.

I hope they maintain all these things coming into the next expansion. Some part of me even hopes the next expansion takes a while soley so I can level more alts and see this sweet, sweet spec diversity and class-specific content. So far I'm only up to 5 max level characters.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-12-05 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Hard to say. Battle seems like a PVP expansion, so not at all interested in it. Legacy servers seem a bit grindy and time consuming, so not sure about those either. But worth a try definitely
    there is no such thing as a pvp expansion.. every expansion is the same when it comes to it being pvp or pve..

been playing lower level characters for a few x packs, i dont really play max level content anymore other than the initial levelling experience at the start of the x packs to see the new zones, quests, armor, weapons, and dungeons

if BFA really strikes me as interesting i might return to the max level gameplay, otherwise i will just play classic and maintain my low level characters

Probably not. Earlier this year I thought I did but it turned out I didn't. It was just one big 'nope' no matter what I tried. I don't like the game play, the systems, or the content anymore. Not sure Classic could draw me back- I was lukewarm on it 12 years ago, and I'm lukewarm on it now.

Deleted
    I will come back when Antorus LFR will be all avaible, or maybe even later!

Deleted
    There is only one feature that would make me to come back to WoW. Considering that it's not implemented in BfA, I am not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You didn't, the current game is great.
    That is highly debatable. Everyone can have their opinion on what is and isn't enjoyable, but everything I have read about changes since I quit and talking with people who still play I maintain that I dodged a bullet. WoD in particular looked to be spectacular garbage of monumental proportion.

Deleted
    Yes! I can't wait to try all the 7.2 and 7.3 things

Once all of Antorus is out on LFR I might come back just to knock it out, but beyond that? Unlikely. The new expansion looks like a gigantic snoozefest. I may try Classic but that won't be out until 2019 at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaning toward No but that depends on what we learn about BfA between now and launch. If I do, I doubt I'll stick around more than ~6 months.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    You did, the current game is great PIECE OF SHIT.
    Fixed dat fo juu...
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    That is highly debatable. Everyone can have their opinion on what is and isn't enjoyable, but everything I have read about changes since I quit and talking with people who still play I maintain that I dodged a bullet. WoD in particular looked to be spectacular garbage of monumental proportion.
    To be fair, in order to debate its merits, you really need to have played it. Debating by reading other people's opinions is equal to writing a review for Breath of the Wild based on reading other people's reviews of Breath of the Wild instead of actually playing it.

Of course what I said was opinion, but I just wanted to counter some of the other ones.

Looks, this website, and message forums in general have NEVER, EVER been happy with the game. It is an exercise in crapping on the game on any web forum you visit, and it always has been, since day 1 vanilla on private guild forums...

The reality is that if even a small percentage of MMO champ posters like the CURRENT game then the current game is probably the best it's ever been. Looking at these very forums, going by several threads throughout the expansion and looking at polls, it seems clear to me that for the first time in a long time there is a legit fanbase for the game even on MMO-Champ. The current expansion is always remember much more fondly in future expansions.

Example MoP, one of my favorite expansions. The level of hatred and toxicity on this forum towards WoW during Pandaland is still unequaled. This was a horrible place. Legion is a lot better.

WoD, let me talk about that for a sec. WoD's content was great. Two problems:

1. There was not enough content, not nearly enough
    2. The "new" content was the shipyard, which sucked
    3. Most of the post launch content was either a raid tier, or a selfie camera

WoD sucked because they did not support WoD when it came out. The leveling content at launch in WoD is still some of the funnest I've played, but once it was gone, the game literally died for a year or two.

Legion has improved the game in a number of ways. It is many, many times better than WoD, first and foremost the content has been very consistent and largely spaced well. Second the mythic+ system finally gave us 5 man raids, basically. It could have been implemented better, but not much.

Legion had a couple of problems. First was Legendary RNG at the beginning of the xpak, second was AP grinding early being far too punishing. They really never fixed the lego problem. Truth is, the lego system in Legion has been the most rewarding grind I've ever done, because it was expansion long, BUT it ruined alts, a big aspect of the game for many. It also wasn't clear enough. From day 1 there should have been a BLP meter that showed 3 colors(depending no how close you were to the next lego). Titanforging killed mythic raiding and there was too much required gear starting in nighthold. Alts are a pain mainly because the community has came up with new ways to benchmark pugs to make sure they are never actively playing with anything but your main, so there are some problems.

Other than those relatively minor things, the raids have been as good or better than ever, there is always something to do in the world, and the feeling of powering up has never been more obvious. I felt and still feel like every day I play I increase my power percentage.

So anyway, the current game is great in my opinion. I will keep playing all the things. I've liked and hated the game over the years too, but Legion was a great xpak.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-12-06 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    I'm playing FFXIV until BFA/Classic hits