Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I just see it as the movies are so big now that the actors are "allowed" to look less like the iconic versions of the characters they are playing.
    Captain Americas iconic look is in his full costume with his shield, he's almost never in his full costume and he's ditched the shield (though I hope he'll get it back in Infinity War).

Thors iconic looks is in his full costume with Mjolnir, it took us until Ragnarok to get him in the iconic Thor helm and Mjolnir has been blown up now. Though I will agree Thors hair was pretty iconic, but to say that they've done it just so Chris Hemsworth doesn't have to wear a wig is just completely retarded.

Black Widows iconic look is red hair and the black cat suit, which is great and all, except that she's supposed to be a superspy, so she needs to change her look.

The looks are changing and evolving as the characters do.

Once again, you are looking for criticisms at this point.

You've mentioned "Brand" numerous times. The Brand for Cap is his shield (that's gone), the Brand for Thor is Mjolnir (that's gone).

Let me tell you the only "Brand" anyone who watches these films cares about:

Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2017-12-05 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've all made some interesting points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Thors iconic looks is in his full costume with Mjolnir, it took us until Ragnarok to get him in the iconic Thor helm
    He wore the iconic helm in the first Thor movie.

You've all made some interesting points.

- - - Updated - - -

For 3 seconds

Deleted
    Not gonna lie, I completely forget about him wearing it in that scene, doesn't change my point though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not crazy about what seems to be happening with the Avengers actors.
    Because Captain America has NEVER had a beard in the comics.

And it's not like after the events of Captain America: Civil War, Steve lost his shield and dropped the Captain America persona. We should also totally forget that during this period of his life he went by the name Nomad and rocked a depression beard. So yeah, Cappy with a beard is 100% Chris not wanting to shave his beard, and is in NO way a call back to what happened to his character after Civil War in the comics.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2017-12-05 at 01:25 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Not gonna lie, I completely forget about him wearing it in that scene, doesn't change my point though.
    You guys have some good points. They don't change my mind though. We'll see how it pans out.

On a side note, I'm also not crazy about this rumor that the Hulk and Banner will be physically separated. I've never liked it when that's happened in the comics.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You guys have some good points. They don't change my mind though. We'll see how it pans out.

On a side note, I'm also not crazy about this rumor that the Hulk and Banner will be physically separated. I've never liked it when that's happened in the comics.
    Nothing good will happen from them being apart if the hulk can’t get his own movies which he apparently can’t. The hulk really seems to be hurt the most of all of the character marvel can put in there movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Nothing good will happen from them being apart if the hulk can’t get his own movies which he apparently can’t. The hulk really seems to be hurt the most of all of the character marvel can put in there movies.
    Apparently that's thanks to a deal with Universal that Disney hasn't tried to renegotiate or hasn't successfully renegotiated?

I'd be really, really surprised if they split the personas in the movie without a solo Hulk movie to do it in though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Apparently that's thanks to a deal with Universal that Disney hasn't tried to renegotiate or hasn't successfully renegotiated?

I'd be really, really surprised if they split the personas in the movie without a solo Hulk movie to do it in though.
    They seem to just be throwing away hulk story lines so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did do it then just fixed it in some one else’s movies.

They seem to just be throwing away hulk story lines so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did do it then just fixed it in some one else’s movies.
    Maybe I'm not up to snuff on Hulk comics - what story lines other than Planet Hulk have the cherry picked from?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm not up to snuff on Hulk comics - what story lines other than Planet Hulk have the cherry picked from?
    Planet hulk was the main one but them just cutting out planet hulk pretty much ruins any chance of world war hulk or skarr son of hulk and probably a few other story lines I’m not remembering that are connected to planet hulk. Not to mention abomb hasn’t been mentioned since the solo hulk movie or the other guy they were building up to be the leader or modok or what ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing I'm not liking about Marvel Studios these days is how they amalgamize villains. Ego, Hela etc.

Fox should keep shared rights over X-Men or have a deal to continue production of X-men with Disney as a parent studio. X-men are going to feel forced as hell if Disney immediately tries cramming them into the MCU for that easy Wolverine money.

I'd also love if they make a fantastic four movie that's set in the roarin' 50s, Fallout-style scifi mixed with that old 1950's sci-fi cliches. Tie in the F4 to MCU's historical characters like Agent Carter, Hank Pym, Howard Stark, Dum Dum Dugan. I don't want them forced into the already saturated MCU lineup, and their powers kinda clash with the techno-realism of Earth's current superheroes (with the exception of Scarlet Witch and Doc Strange I guess).
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-12-05 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Fox should keep shared rights over X-Men or have a deal to continue production of X-men with Disney as a parent studio. X-men are going to feel forced as hell if Disney immediately tries cramming them into the MCU for that easy Wolverine money.
    Well if Disney buys the Fox production studio, which I believe is what's on the table, Fox won't be making any movies, let alone X-Men ones.

Also, maybe wait to see what Marvel/Disney does with them?

Another thing I'm not liking about Marvel Studios these days is how they amalgamize villains. Ego, Hela etc.
    One of the things I dislike is that they don't build up and retain villains very well. Loki was super popular, so they used him a few times, but his motivations never really did much for me. Other than that, most of the villains are destroyed in the end. Thanos has been revealed in shadows, but has done nothing that really hints at motive or power. GotG featured the most we've seen of him, where we learned he conquers planets, keeping a couple "daughters" as trophies, both of which betray him, along with the main villain of the movie and none of it really speaks much to him.

Ultron went right from birth to "destroy the world" to dead, you can't bring him back without addressing his super ability to do everything in the computer world. He should have begun smaller and been hinted at an escape or something. I guess since it's only a couple movies a year, you can't get TOO episodic, but it's still a little off.

- - - Updated - - -

I just see it as the movies are so big now that the actors are "allowed" to look less like the iconic versions of the characters they are playing.
    I mean, maybe there's some reason that Widow gets the blond hair, just looks off to me. Thor also looks un-Thorlike due to Ragnarok, but he's probably the only person less important than Black Widow in the grand scheme of things. Steve not shaving seems off, since he's generally the clean-cut american soldier, but it's acceptable for the image since it's part of his journey, IMO. Like him going to grab the old Cap America costume in the other movie, he can have a little clean-up montage at some point.

It's not like Bucky ever gets a hair cut.

It's hard to say that the stars just get their way because they want to be comfortable, though Thor seems like the most likely in that regard. It's probably just the production/ actors wanting to put their own stamp on things. It's fairly common that you've got a brand that has been the same for 50 years and then the current movie guy is like "hey, sure, but what if he had an irish accent!" or whatever. I doubt Bond changed so much from book to book...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feige asked Ruffalo if he could do 3 Hulk movies, what would the arc be. Ruffalo came up with 3 ideas and Feige offered to add these into the universe starting with Thor, then progressing through the next 2 Avengers movies. If he does get separated, it's likely something to do with a gemstone and Thanos. Not just a random shenanigan.

They aren't throwing it away, they are very consciously adding it into the movies they are making because they have not been approved to do standalone Hulk films likely b/c much of his appeal is the dynamic with the other actors. Similar to Black Widow and Hawkeye, though Black Widow could do her own if it was a very good spy thriller. A prequel makes a lot of sense for her, or at least something similar to her recent comic arc where it delves back into her childhood.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Feige asked Ruffalo if he could do 3 Hulk movies, what would the arc be. Ruffalo came up with 3 ideas and Feige offered to add these into the universe starting with Thor, then progressing through the next 2 Avengers movies. If he does get separated, it's likely something to do with a gemstone and Thanos. Not just a random shenanigan.

They aren't throwing it away, they are very consciously adding it into the movies they are making because they have not been approved to do standalone Hulk films likely b/c much of his appeal is the dynamic with the other actors. Similar to Black Widow and Hawkeye, though Black Widow could do her own if it was a very good spy thriller. A prequel makes a lot of sense for her, or at least something similar to her recent comic arc where it delves back into her childhood.
    There throwing it away as they are taking the hulls story lines and butchering them to fit into other hero’s movies. Planet hulk alone could have been a movie or two then leading into a world war hulk movie and a son of hulk movie down the line. It seems unlikely now that any of that will ever happen and the only hulk story lines I can think would fit well into an avengers movie would be red hulk or she hulk.

Considering the size of the Marvel Universe, some of this just makes sense for adapting to the MCU.

I remember when I first heard that Ego was the villain of GotG2 and thinking it was going to be terrible. However, they retooling of the character made it work. Hela as the goddess of death works well, if they tie her to Thanos and the whole "courting death" shtick.

The MCU isn't overflowing with fantastically done villains, but thematically I've liked what they've done with most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    One of the things I dislike is that they don't build up and retain villains very well. Loki was super popular, so they used him a few times, but his motivations never really did much for me. Other than that, most of the villains are destroyed in the end. Thanos has been revealed in shadows, but has done nothing that really hints at motive or power. GotG featured the most we've seen of him, where we learned he conquers planets, keeping a couple "daughters" as trophies, both of which betray him, along with the main villain of the movie and none of it really speaks much to him.

Ultron went right from birth to "destroy the world" to dead, you can't bring him back without addressing his super ability to do everything in the computer world. He should have begun smaller and been hinted at an escape or something. I guess since it's only a couple movies a year, you can't get TOO episodic, but it's still a little off.
    I felt Loki's motivations were fine, until Ragnarok.

I think it's tough for movies to introduce recurring villains. Movies and comics just don't have the same preconceptions. We're used to recurring villains in comics, but the average moviegoer might not find a recurring villain as palatable. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I'd certainly like to see them give it a shot.

There throwing it away as they are taking the hulls story lines and butchering them to fit into other hero’s movies. Planet hulk alone could have been a movie or two then leading into a world war hulk movie and a son of hulk movie down the line. It seems unlikely now that any of that will ever happen and the only hulk story lines I can think would fit well into an avengers movie would be red hulk or she hulk.
    Still cant do it because of Universal, so not throwing away anything just making do with what they got.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Still cant do it because of Universal, so not throwing away anything just making do with what they got.
    I know they can’t do it but it’s sill throwing t away. There’s other story’s they can tell with the hulk without butchering what should be his solo story. They shouldn’t have touched Sakarr till they got the rights back so they could have done a full solo movie. They should have bult up the hulk more showing he’s not the same identity as banner mabye building up that even when he helps people see him as a monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the size of the Marvel Universe, some of this just makes sense for adapting to the MCU.

I remember when I first heard that Ego was the villain of GotG2 and thinking it was going to be terrible. However, they retooling of the character made it work. Hela as the goddess of death works well, if they tie her to Thanos and the whole "courting death" shtick.

The MCU isn't overflowing with fantastically done villains, but thematically I've liked what they've done with most of them.

I felt Loki's motivations were fine, until Ragnarok.

I think it's tough for movies to introduce recurring villains. Movies and comics just don't have the same preconceptions. We're used to recurring villains in comics, but the average moviegoer might not find a recurring villain as palatable. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong. I'd certainly like to see them give it a shot.
    What do you think was wrong with Loki’s modavation in ragnarok? I thought it was pretty well done him wanting to turn his life around after his mother’s death but still being a trickster and falling back on old habits of betraying Thor.