Page 1 of 2
LastLast

the story of ralo'shan the eternal watcher

hi all,

so this NPC is located in silithus and was added at patch 1.8 with never any quests or anything.

after sargeras put the sword in silithus, she was dead for a while saying "it seems her watch is finally over" though now on the PTR it seems she is back to life.

you can see from website when you talk with her she says this :

Greetings, traveler. It was here, nearly 1,000 years past, that the Qiraji began their march of destruction across Kalimdor.
    Thousands of lives were lost during the war, most in this cursed desert during the initial invasion.
    I am one of only a few that remain, chained to both the past and present. I know not why I am to remain stationed here but I know that I must.

How do you know?

I have been slain a hundred times. I always wake here, alive. Some say I am cursed and others...

What do they say?

They say that I am blessed: A herald to harken in a new age.

And what do you say?

Ancient forces stir - forces that have not been seen or felt for thousands of years. The world weeps, <race>. Perhaps a new sundering comes. A sickness born from within...
    The foulness has begun to seep into our lands. From the Dream comes nightmares. Nightmares to befoul us in our waking hours...

so i think this NPC is really interesting, does she talk about the old gods and aqir coming back in the future? does she talk about the void?

lets here your thoughts about this npc

It's probable that she's a Watcher of the Bronze Dragonflight (not the be confused with the Warden variety). We've met others, especially in Silithus. They're like the Keepers of Time and the Timewalkers - mortals that help the Bronze Dragonflight (similar to the Cenarion Circle for the Green Dragonflight). Considering she has a similar title to other Watchers, this is the most fitting.

The difference is, Watchers were given immortality by high-ranking Bronze dragons for a specific purpose. Xanataur was one of the first druids (over 10,000 years old), and he was given immortality by Nozdormu himself to be a historian for the Bronze dragons. Perhaps Ralo'shan is meant to be a historian (and prophet) for the War of Shifting Sands, as well as keeping an eye on the Qiraji/C'Thun for the Bronze Dragonflight in the end. That's what two others were blessed for in Silithus as well.

It's also interesting that her quotes from Vanilla foreshadowed the Cataclysm and Val'sharah. But, I doubt they had much more meaning than that.

Since she's dead for good now, it seems that the sheer power of Sargeras' attack on Azeroth was enough to break her blessing. Which, in the end, makes sense, since dragons were given their powers through the Keepers, who were given powers by the Titans.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

With Sargeras striking the zone that inhabits an Old God like C'thun... well, with her dead and her watch over, that would hint that C'thun would be dead. But with her alive, this might mean that Sargeras missed, and failed to destroy C'thun for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    With Sargeras striking the zone that inhabits an Old God like C'thun... well, with her dead and her watch over, that would hint that C'thun would be dead. But with her alive, this might mean that Sargeras missed, and failed to destroy C'thun for good.
    He was already confirmed dead for good prior to MoP launching, and I was under the impression Sargeras tried to finish off Azeroth, not totally overkill an already dead old god.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    He was already confirmed dead for good prior to MoP launching, and I was under the impression Sargeras tried to finish off Azeroth, not totally overkill an already dead old god.
    The red dragon Caelestrasz which you refer to only presumes we slayed C'thun. And even as he mentions, evil still permeates the air around them.
    Ahn'Qiraj was a long time ago, and we know now Old Gods to be a lot tougher to kill. (Additionally, such as with Med'an, not all of the comic can be considered canon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The red dragon Caelestrasz which you refer to only presumes we slayed C'thun. And even as he mentions, evil still permeates the air around them.
    Ahn'Qiraj was a long time ago, and we know now Old Gods to be a lot tougher to kill. (Additionally, such as with Med'an, not all of the comic can be considered canon.)
    Except the Med'an comic where Cho'gall tries to resurrect a dead C'thun is entirely canon except for the fact that Med'an is not the current Guardian (which was never the case as he gave up the power at the end of the comic anyway).

Knaifu also says C'thun is dead.

C'Thun may be 'dead', but Y'Shaarj showed that Old Gods can be dead and still cause problems. Old Gods need to be utterly destroyed before the threat they pose is truly eliminated.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Except the Med'an comic where Cho'gall tries to resurrect a dead C'thun is entirely canon except for the fact that Med'an is not the current Guardian (which was never the case as he gave up the power at the end of the comic anyway).

Knaifu? You mean Xal'atath? The only thing I can find him saying about C'thun is: "It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be." I would presume that to be a prediction for the future, as with a lot of Void whispers. Besides, the Void sees all untrue timelines, and quite frankly I trust that blade as far as I can throw it. Not exactly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's probable that she's a Watcher of the Bronze Dragonflight (not the be confused with the Warden variety). We've met others, especially in Silithus. They're like the Keepers of Time and the Timewalkers - mortals that help the Bronze Dragonflight (similar to the Cenarion Circle for the Green Dragonflight). Considering she has a similar title to other Watchers, this is the most fitting.

The difference is, Watchers were given immortality by high-ranking Bronze dragons for a specific purpose. Xanataur was one of the first druids (over 10,000 years old), and he was given immortality by Nozdormu himself to be a historian for the Bronze dragons. Perhaps Ralo'shan is meant to be a historian (and prophet) for the War of Shifting Sands, as well as keeping an eye on the Qiraji/C'Thun for the Bronze Dragonflight in the end. That's what two others were blessed for in Silithus as well.

It's also interesting that her quotes from Vanilla foreshadowed the Cataclysm and Val'sharah. But, I doubt they had much more meaning than that.

Since she's dead for good now, it seems that the sheer power of Sargeras' attack on Azeroth was enough to break her blessing. Which, in the end, makes sense, since dragons were given their powers through the Keepers, who were given powers by the Titans.
    she is not DEAD look it up. i saw stream on the new PTR talking about her alive again and you can see they brought her back must mean she should have some purpose in the future

- - - Updated - - -

look at this video on youtube of pyromancer which shows you after they made her dead they brought her back to life on PTR patch 7.3.5 which means she is very much still alive : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IyXM3RFZFw&t=321s

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

In the same comic, the "dead" C'thun also whispered to Med'an when he was on his corpse. Yogg-Saron was also very active in the Legion pre-event during the Ulduar scenario. Y'Shaarj was still able to do plenty of stuff on Pandaria with his heads and heart separated from one another. Death isn't the same for Old Gods as it is for mortals. We've seen this plenty of times.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

In the same comic, the "dead" C'thun also whispered to Med'an when he was on his corpse. Yogg-Saron was also very active in the Legion pre-event during the Ulduar scenario. Y'Shaarj was still able to do plenty of stuff on Pandaria with his heads and heart separated from one another. Death isn't the same for Old Gods as it is for mortals. We've seen this plenty of times.
    Well, Y'shaarj was considered dead after he was ripped out.

Deleted
    Sargeras didn't aim at any specific area, he just stabbed a random part of Azeroth out of spite because he was about to get rekt

It also never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to think C'thun and Yog aren't dead even though it has been confirmed a million times that they are dead

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Sargeras didn't aim at any specific area, he just stabbed a random part of Azeroth out of spite because he was about to get rekt
    Just imagine if he had hit the planet, what would be to him a mere couple of centimeters, more to the north east. Stabbing the caverns of time would have surely been interesting, it would also have been a way bigger fuck you to aman thul .

"They're outside the cycle, they cannot die."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

People discussing whether C'thun and yogg are dead always forget that one quote by the final boss of the ahn kahet dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post

It also never ceases to amaze me how many people seem to think C'thun and Yog aren't dead even though it has been confirmed a million times that they are dead
    Right, this explains why Yogg was talking to us during the Legion pre-patch event...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    People discussing whether C'thun and yogg are dead always forget that one quote by the final boss of the ahn kahet dungeon.
    A minion of the Old Gods can hardly be called an unbiased source of information.

The Legion was supposedly endless too with how much the demons yelled it at us.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Just imagine if he had hit the planet, what would be to him a mere couple of centimeters, more to the north east. Stabbing the caverns of time would have surely been interesting, it would also have been a way bigger fuck you to aman thul .
    ...what if parts of his sword would have gone through portals present in the Caverns...

''This is madness!''
    ''Madness? Uther. By my right as future king, I hereby reli- HURK'' *piece of giant sword destroys Arthas and Stratholme*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Right, this explains why Yogg was talking to us during the Legion pre-patch event...
    Was it Yog? Was he alive? Death hasn't stopped, say, Y'shraaj from whispering to people

If she dead? I thought they brought her back in the ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    A minion of the Old Gods can hardly be called an unbiased source of information.

The Legion was supposedly endless too with how much the demons yelled it at us.
    They actually were endless. If a demon died, it just needed some time to "respawn" using the energy of argus' soul. Since we cut off the source, yes they aren't endless anymore. They didn't really lie.

Never living and never being dead though? Thats something else entirely.

Im also sure i've heard them whispering and seen them influencing stuff AFTER being supposedly "confirmed dead"