Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Time for a new Caverns of Time dungeon

Don't know about you guys, but I really like the CoT instances. I think it's cool to step into iconic events in lore and see them from a new perspective. And I have a good suggestion for Battle For Azeroth.

The retaking of the Lordaeron capital, and founding of the Forsaken.

It's fitting with Sylvanas being the new Warchief, first time players will transform into Horde characters (all undead I guess), and will let players experience how the Forsaken took Lordaeron back in the day, which plays nice with the current day sacking of the Undercity.

I imagine you play as free undead soldiers under the command of Sylvanas and Varimathras, helping her take Lordaeron from the Dreadlord Insurgents. You sneak and fight through the demons and undead, and maybe take a note from one of the earlier FT campaign maps and beat a random mob boss, only for a banshee to posess him (Maybe a player could control that mob for event or boss fight.)

Anyway, that's the baseline for my idea, build solely on the fact I like Caverns of Time. Let me know how you like it, feel free to add it to it, and please do repost if you know someone at Blizzard :P

7+ Year Old Account
    A thread like this appears every now and then, and I totally agree.

Given the "war" theme of BfA it could be very easy to add a CoT dungeon that takes place during some form of battle/skirmish in Azeroth's past.

However, I don't think it would be fitting to just randomly add during the expansion. Perhaps a content patch that stands independent from the main story (like the Thunder King patch in MoP, or the Zandalari patch in Cata) maybe?

Caverns of Time is an amazing concept that can take us to notable events of Warcraft history and actual be a part of it, but it seems to be a bit abandoned or just 'done with'.

That and they could also explore what led Nozdormu to become Murozond which was (i think) still untouched.

The reason there is no more Caverns of Time dungeons is because the Bronze Dragonflight lost their abilities to alter the past, they need a relic of power in order to do it, like the Hourglass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The reason there is no more Caverns of Time dungeons is because the Bronze Dragonflight lost their abilities to alter the past, they need a relic of power in order to do it, like the Hourglass.
    thats hardly the reason. blizz could easily come up with an explanation why its possible again. or just don't explain it at all, there was no reason given why we could with chromie alter the future to prevent her death in the szenario, or was it?

I'm surprised that they haven't added any after Cata. There are a lot of neat lore moments that would make an amazing in-game experience if done right, like how they did Old Hillsbrad and Culling of Stratholme. Battle for Mt Hyjal could've been better with fewer waves and more actual lore moments. These type of dungeons are often my favorites of the expansion.

I'd been down to see a First or Second War event be taking as a dungeon or raid, cause why not. To see Origim Doomhammer, Zul'jin, etc.

We’re getting a real in depth CoT instance. Or should I say server? Vanilla WoW :P

Deleted
    i enjoyed most of the CoT dungeons, and would hope for some new ones, its been a while.
    it dont have to be old stories we know of, fitting for BFA they could even come up with stuff involving Azshara.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The bronze dragonflight never altered the past, they protected it from the infinite dragonflight that wants to warp the timelines.

Chromie still has the power to travel through time, even if it's just going to the future which we've seen in game, so it's not impossible for a new CoT dungeon.

I always thought they should put the old versions of dungeons/raids that they've changed in caverns of time so people can play the original versions.

No one acknowledging pun in title, 0/10 thread.

Deleted
    If they'd drop a Second War CoT instance, I'd resubscribe. One can only dream...

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    No one acknowledging pun in title, 0/10 thread.
    I was thinking of making another title before posting, but decided it fit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Think they might do a Black Empire one in the future

I would totally be down if it isn't a "Wave after wave" style dungeon like a good amount of the CoT stuff is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I always thought they should put the old versions of dungeons/raids that they've changed in caverns of time so people can play the original versions.
    That’s a pretty good idea. I want my old ZA back. :/

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Either this or plop a plumpy Bronze gnome in front of the instances.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    CoT instance where we go back in time and prevent WoD from happening

10+ Year Old Account
    1 for each continent. Some kind of destruction of Zandlar during the cata dungeon maybe? Maybe a proudmore Kultiras dungeon during the first war.