Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I mean you have argued this time and time again, but you are still wrong. She was redeemed at the sunwell, a journey that started when she reached Outland,and it turned her into one of the strongest paladins out there.

She blamed Uther her for training arthas. Hell even Tirion had a crisis of faith,

She was never a member of the silver hand, so your suggestion makes no sense.
    Her men murdered Knights of the Silver Hand. That they are allowed into the Silver Hand without having to proof that they will not start to hunt Naaru and slaughter their fellow Knights anymore once their feefees are hurt again is illogical and pure plotarmor.

Stop White Knighting for pixels, it makes you look pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Her men murdered Knights of the Silver Hand. That they are allowed into the Silver Hand without having to proof that they will not start to hunt Naaru and slaughter their fellow Knights anymore once their feefees are hurt again is illogical and pure plotarmor.

Referring to Liadrin's plight as "hurt feefees" betrays an intense bias causing you to overlook the more salient aspects of her story, and that of the Blood Knights in general. Liadrin had a front-row seat to watch her nation and people be butchered by the Scourge - she was physically present to see the slaying of Anasterian by Arthas, she watched as her elder mentor and the trainee she had groomed since his youth were brought low by the Scourge, and with his last breath her good friend Magister Belo'vir teleported her from the fray setting up a deep and abiding sense of survivor's guilt. Pain, grief, and rage distanced her from the Light - and in such a sorry state (and also wracked by withdrawal due to the befouled Sunwell) she took upon a weapon to aid in the securing of Quel'Danas from the Scourge after the bulk of the Scourge had withdrew from Sunwell Plateau and personally slayed the risen Belo'vir who had been left as Scourge on the Isle.

Liadrin's story goes well and above "hurt feefees." I also don't recall her or the Blood Knights murdering any Knights of the Silver Hand - by the time the Blood Knights came to be the Silver Hand was almost completely destroyed, and several of its higher-ranking members either gone over to the Scourge or lost to the Scarlet Crusade (led itself by a demon).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sorry, I don't really have a horse in this race, it's all a bit out of context for me anyway. I just wanted to drop in and say that your entire message here just reeks of Shadow the Hedgehog levels of edge-dark. "Feefees", "plot-armor", "white knighting". Like, come on, seriously? Have some dignity, this is MMO-Champion, not 4chan. (Never mind, heard how stupid that was as I said it.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Sorry, I don't really have a horse in this race, it's all a bit out of context for me anyway. I just wanted to drop in and say that your entire message here just reeks of Shadow the Hedgehog levels of edge-dark. "Feefees", "plot-armor", "white knighting". Like, come on, seriously? Have some dignity, this is MMO-Champion, not 4chan. (Never mind, heard how stupid that was as I said it.)
    Shadow lost his edge to Infinite
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    What does holding onto to tradition have to do with anything? Of course Rommath emphasises their tradition- thats been a core part of being a highborne elf (whether they are High, Blood, or Night) since forever. It has nothing to do with and says nothing about wanting to become "quel'dorei" again except to indicate that Rommath and the Blood Elves consider themselves to be the true heirs of the quel'dorei tradition rather than those "High Elves" who remained in the alliance- something which is not new but has been there since BC.
    The same goes for being loyal to Quel'thalas- that is literally what defines Horde Blood Elves over Alliance High (and I guess now Void) Elves. For the Blood Elves the welfare of Quel'thalas overrides all other concerns, even if it means draining mana from living creatures or allying with their long time enemies. The Alliance High Elves are the ones for whom loyalty to Quel'thalas is only a secondary concern compared to moral purity.

Maybe there has been some misunderstanding here- I'm not saying at all that the Blood Elves have/want nothing to do with their past. What I'm saying is that what they did during BC is part of their past and this continues to inform their identity. Apart from maybe some "born-again" light-worshippers like Liadrim most Blood Elves are not ashamed of what they had to do to survive (draining mana from living creatures, allying with the horde, and continuing their dependence on the arcane) during BC even if they obviously regret being duped by Kael'thas. They are not just going to turn into Alliance High Elves and abandon all of this just because the Sunwell changed colour- they may not need to rely on the arcane as much as they did before but that doesn't mean they've suddenly adopted the Alliance's weird qualms about magic use. This is in fact one of the things that Thalyssra is impressed by- she comments in the PTR that after seeing Silvermoon she realises that the Horde will allow the Nightborne to continue their magical traditions moreso than the Alliance.
    I do not speak of the high elves of the alliance, I speak of the queldorei as a culture.
    Thalassians are an ancient people and their culture and traditions are important to them. what some did, not all do, in BC is not something that is characteristic of them as a society.
    I'm talking about the fact that the same race is the same, it's not that when they changed their name they stopped being high elves, they are still the same people!
    all the history, the tradition and the culture of quel'thalas all that represent the sindorei. the void elves are different they are mutants who are using dark powers without any need, just looking to increase their personal power
    When the sunwell shone again, the fel crystalswere replaced by traditional mana crystals. the blood elves no longer needed to use desperate methods to survive, so they went back to their traditional methods.
    the blood elves are the high elves, who protect quelthalas as they always did. the trash that is on the side of the alliance are nothing but traitors who do not respect our customs and traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Shadow lost his edge to Infinite
    Don't even get me... Too soon. Too. Soon.

It depends entirely on what they do with them. You have to remember at one point the Draenei were "pulled out of nothing" in TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    I hate the idea of void elves.

They would be good lorewise only for shadow priests and nothing else.

The whole thing with Alleria "Absorbing the void" and such shit is very badly thought out only to try and make the Void seem like the other side of the coin, one of the sides being the Light.

Alleria should never have had this story, and she should have been the leader of regular high elves for the alliance. But no, bring in the emo-elves...

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s the first thing out of her human worshiping mouth, that she wants to speak with him about joining the alliance, it is pathetic.

She wanted to see her homeland Soooooo much that she insults Lorthemar with even the notion of joining her.

She loves her homeland so much she gets a bunch of Darkhan wannabes to join the alliance in an eventual fight against the blood elves. She loves her homeland so much that she doesn’t even bother to ask what the fuck happened

WoW made her nationalism as strong as Vereesa’s grips on reality.

So yea, that was her purpose, the puppet for humans wanted her nation to join her as a footrest for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood elf fanboys are so funny. "She didn't join the Horde so she's a shitty character with shitty motivations and she's clearly gonna be evil because I don't like her"
    I can only hope the Alliance will claim Silvermoon eventually so that the blood elves will be forced to go to Suramar, and letting the Windrunner clan control Quel'Thalas. That would be glorious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

Blood elf fanboys are so funny. "She didn't join the Horde so she's a shitty character with shitty motivations and she's clearly gonna be evil because I don't like her"
    I can only hope the Alliance will claim Silvermoon eventually so that the blood elves will be forced to go to Suramar, and letting the Windrunner clan control Quel'Thalas. That would be glorious.
    Indeed. Destroy the Sunwell. It should've never been restored.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

She’s a shitty character because her former established character has been replaced by the human worshiping tart vereesa is, it has nothing to do with her allegiance, more of her blind foot rest position she’s taken and how she immediately prostrated herself in front of another human.

Their destroyed blood line is fine in stormwind, surrounded by humans, all they would do in Quel’thalas would be begging other elves to marry humans so their family wouldn’t be the black sheep of elves, or randomly killing civilians in Vereesa’s case.

All the blood elves would ever have to do if the alliance tried to invade was raise their shield, or worst comes to worst ,destroy the sunwell.

The only elves that would suffer would be the high elves, all five of them left.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-05 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

They are confirmed the same biologically.
    That's nice and all but the Draenei and Broken are definitely different. We're talking 10k years right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Indeed. Destroy the Sunwell. It should've never been restored.
    So the rest of the high elves eventually succumbed? Blood elves saved their race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    That's nice and all but the Draenei and Broken are definitely different. We're talking 10k years right?
    Green eyes does not make you a separate race.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    She’s a shitty character because her former established character has been replaced by the human worshiping tart vereesa is, it has nothing to do with her allegiance, more of her blind foot rest position she’s taken and how she immediately prostrated herself in front of another human.

Their destroyed blood line is fine in stormwind, surrounded by humans, all they would do in Quel’thalas would be begging other elves to marry humans so their family wouldn’t be the black sheep of elves, or randomly killing civilians in Vereesa’s case.

All the blood elves would ever have to do if the alliance tried to invade was raise their shield, or worst comes to worst ,destroy the sunwell.

The only elves that would suffer would be the high elves, all five of them left.
    Are you aware that the blood elves you worship are actually human with long ears since the end of the burning crusade ?
    The blood elves died with Velen reignited the Sunwell.
    Hopefully Void elves will show us what it means to act like true elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Are you aware that the blood elves you worship are actually human with long ears since the end of the burning crusade ?
    Like what ? Serving humans as lapdogs ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, both void elves and “high elves” are serving at the feet of humans like the two living windrunner sisters. The elves with pride and an actual nation, who actually act like elves are the blood elves.

Unless to you, being an elf means submitting to humans.

Both the elven races that refuse to submit to a stagnating, human ran alliance went Horde.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-12-05 at 10:47 PM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Uh, both void elves and “high elves” are serving at the feet of humans like the two windrunner sisters. The elves with pride and an actual nation, who actually act like elves are the blood elves.
    Oh come on, serving as sentient dakimakura for all those horny humans surely takes alot of pride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Like what ? Serving humans as lapdogs ?
    Are you obsessed with wow humans ?

Uh, both void elves and “high elves” are serving at the feet of humans like the two living windrunner sisters. The elves with pride and an actual nation, who actually act like elves are the blood elves.
    Just like blood elves serving at the feet of orcs, and Lor'Themar being Sylvanas' silly pawn ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you obsessed with wow humans ?

Just like blood elves serving at the feet of orcs, and Lor'Themar being Sylvanas' silly pawn ?
    When all high elves do is follow humans around like a pet, and soon to be void elves too, it shall be mocked. It should be humiliating and it’s hilarious ois that anyone is ok with it.

Blood elves are allowed autonomy of their nation, they stand as equal with all races of the Horde,they control their homeland and the sunwell, as opposed to the pets high elves had made themselves.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Oh come on, serving as sentient dakimakura for all those horny humans surely takes alot of pride.
    I had to look up the term "dakimakura" - now I wish I hadn't.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead