10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I enjoy some of the other weapons conceptually, but more often than not they feel pointless. Swords, for example, are largely useless in Strikes/Nightfalls and shit where you're often unable to get within melee range of a boss or put yourself at a considerable risk of taking heavy damage to go in melee. And I haven't noticed them doing considerably more damage than my rocket launcher to make that risk worth it.

And yeah, agreed on snipers. It seems like their inability to separate out PvP and PvE functionality and balance weapons accordingly. The more I read about the changes from D1 to D2, the more it seems that they changed/"ruined" quite a bit because they are awful at balancing and wanted to make it easier for themselves (and are still failing). I'd kill for a sniper rifle as a secondary weapon to complement my autorifle or make a SMG a slightly more viable close range weapon.
    SMGs DO shred better than autorifles in close range. It's just not a huge difference, in PvE, and you lose a LOT of versatility in the tradeoff. They get used somewhat in PvP, though; if you're barreling around corners to jump at the enemy, you're better off with an SMG than the autorifle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gorgeous level design, especially The Garden... planet? thingy.
    Make sure to take your time and look around, don't just run through the story following the objectives arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    SMGs DO shred better than autorifles in close range. It's just not a huge difference, in PvE, and you lose a LOT of versatility in the tradeoff. They get used somewhat in PvP, though; if you're barreling around corners to jump at the enemy, you're better off with an SMG than the autorifle.
    Yeah, but again that's kinda my point. The slight added benefit of SMG's doing a bit more close range damage isn't anywhere near offset by their pretty awful mid/long range damage nor the fact that many absolutely burn through ammo like crazy.

Agreed in PvP, but the thing is I don't PvP. I hate games where PvP/PvE get crippled because the developers think they can balance both at once without separating how how things function in each respective area. It's never going to work, it will just piss everyone off -_-

Gotta say I'm surprised they raised the level cap, I didn't think that was something they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Gotta say I'm surprised they raised the level cap, I didn't think that was something they would do.
    It is the only thing they can do to keep people playing the game, because the whole loot concept is utterly flawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but again that's kinda my point. The slight added benefit of SMG's doing a bit more close range damage isn't anywhere near offset by their pretty awful mid/long range damage nor the fact that many absolutely burn through ammo like crazy.

Agreed in PvP, but the thing is I don't PvP. I hate games where PvP/PvE get crippled because the developers think they can balance both at once without separating how how things function in each respective area. It's never going to work, it will just piss everyone off -_-
    I don't think it's really about either being "crippled", it's more that certain gun types are better at certain things, which are more or less likely to crop up in certain types of content. SMGs are REALLY good in close range. But what are the chances you'll be in that range, in most endgame PvE? Low. Because you die. You'll similarly probably not choose to use a shotgun as your power weapon, same reason (I think there's one that has decent range with a slug, but you get my point).

I don't think that's awful design, automatically. There IS a purpose to those weapons, in content you, personally, don't focus on. And what this does is create a platform for choices. A lot of gameplay centers around that; you can make choices for your character that have positive benefits to your experience. If all weapons were equally good at all things, there wouldn't BE any practical choice to be made. You'd just take whatever was convenient or that you liked the look of. By having choices available, players can swap things around to better suit themselves to particular challenges.

I've only run the raid once so far, but when I did, I took a Curtain Call and my Merciless, as well as a couple weapon options for the other classes (that I didn't end up using). And swapping those power weapons DID help, for certain fights. I prefer a system where I keep wanting to change things up because different guns do better at different things, to a system where you can either use whatever because it doesn't really make a difference, or there's that one gun everyone uses for everything because everything else sucks.

All that said, I was hoping for more depth to the weapon tweaks. There's a lot of legendaries that just get ignored, other than as stepping stones to the "good weapons". If those weapons are meh, they should get buffed to be good for something. An option that's so bad you never use it if you have any alternatives is just as much "not a choice" as having a weapon that's awesome at everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    A good way to look at it is "5 relatively free Bright Engrams". They could've done the whole thing with the same max level, and just allowed light level to scale upwards as it does, but by adding 5 levels, you get more Bright Engrams. It's not like it's a delay; I'm already at 25, and I've just done the Flashpoint for the week and some of the new story (not all of it, yet). So there's no grind at all to those levels; it's not holding you back from anything. It's just free engrams.

Beat the expansion story. Very easy content, never died once. Its absolutely House of Wolves 2.0. The folks who started with TTK are going to be really mad if they expected that kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Beat the expansion story. Very easy content, never died once. Its absolutely House of Wolves 2.0. The folks who started with TTK are going to be really mad if they expected that kind of thing.
    If anyone was expecting TTK level of DLC...they're nuts....Hopefully the first major expansion of D2 will not only fix most to all of the major issues in the game..but also add another class into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    If anyone was expecting TTK level of DLC...they're nuts....Hopefully the first major expansion of D2 will not only fix most to all of the major issues in the game..but also add another class into the game.
    Honestly i went in expecting them to be imitating the Divisions Underground expansion and thats exactly what it is. You get two hours of 'heres a villain, kind of. go to each world for one mission now kill him. good. now heres a procedurally generating floating platform maze in a void to farm for a few months' and i think for some it will give another month or two to the game but for others they will go "thats it?" and drop the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Meh 35 euros for a season pass. Think i'll pass would be nice if there was at least some sort of feature list of what's to be expected in the damn store.

ALso the game has been out for how long now and the already expect you to shell out once more more than 50% of the main game? Fuck that.
    It was 27 USD on Green Man Gaming. I think it still is.

Just for anyone wondering, without the DLC you are locked out of further levels, higher light power, heroic strikes (even old ones) and the prestige raid (which you could do before).
    Good advertisement.

So turns out the infinite forest isn't a constant random repeatable public zone. Its mission and adventure exclusive. the new patrol is a small donut outside it. Thats it.

Man my expectations were low but this is real disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Just for anyone wondering, without the DLC you are locked out of further levels, higher light power, heroic strikes (even old ones) and the prestige raid (which you could do before).
    Good advertisement.
    Considering that's all DLC content...no duh?

So turns out the infinite forest isn't a constant random repeatable public zone. Its mission and adventure exclusive. the new patrol is a small donut outside it. Thats it.

Man my expectations were low but this is real disappointing.
    ...are you fucking serious? That was the big selling point for this DLC for me. So I have to grab the adventure and can only really do that to get in there and go kill some shit?...

Considering that's all DLC content...no duh?

...are you fucking serious? That was the big selling point for this DLC for me. So I have to grab the adventure and can only really do that to get in there and go kill some shit?...
    You have three options: go in and explore mostly empty floating vex platforms full of cabal, hive or fallen. Thats it.

Oh and it gets worse the more people explore. The two missions with very easy bosses? they ARE the new strikes. All of them. And heroics are just more health and damage, no modifiers like D1.

The reddits tallying it up and it looks like the most new models/items is in the new eververse illustrious engrams.

Imagine that.

You have three options: go in and explore mostly empty floating vex platforms full of cabal, hive or fallen. Thats it.

Oh and it gets worse the more people explore. The two missions with very easy bosses? they ARE the new strikes. All of them. And heroics are just more health and damage, no modifiers like D1.

The reddits tallying it up and it looks like the most new models/items is in the new eververse illustrious engrams.

Imagine that.
    Ugh. Well, almost done downloading, guess I'll find out soon enough. If it's bad, at least I'll have the Division update as a backup. Both content updates are pretty exciting for me.

Edit: Damnit Bungie! Render some god-damn 60fps cutscenes for PC.

Edit 2: Did clans get...reset? Kicked out of my clan and when I searched it up there was only one member, so not sure if the owner dude just had some lulz or what, but I'm confused.

Edit 3: Did something change on PC? My performance feels like it took a big hit for some reason, was getting super steady 75 outside of fringe cases but now I'm routinely falling down to the 60 and lower : /
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-12-06 at 04:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with my Clan, and I noticed no changes to performance. I play on EU on a i5 with a GTX970.

Deleted
    I liked the campaign, even if it was a bit short,

I'm just a bit disappointed with the new exotics if I'm honest, gunslingers are still stuck with that ugly bird beak.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-12-06 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping for something like Deep Dungeon in FFXIV.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will uninstall Destiny today.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty disappointing. Nothing seem to have been fixed. Expansion was short and tedious. New public event is tedious.