Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i do agree, it would be nice if we get Cavern of Time dungeons and/or raids to show things that were not shown in game.

-Like the Horde getting a dungeon where the Infinite Dragonflight tries to kill Varian and Anduin and we have to stop them (to prevail the timeline) and we see when Varian dies (the first time) and get ressurected by Anduin.

-And the Alliance get a dungeon where the infinite Dragonflight tries to kill Sylvanas and her Valkyr (Tries to kill Sylvanas on her way to Icecrown citadel, and the Valkyr in Icecrown citadel to make sure Sylvanas cannot get ressurected by them).

-A Dungeon where the Dragonflight joins up with the remaining Nathzerim and try to stop the destruction of their world by Illidan (We all get transformed into Demon Hunters -looks only)

ETC...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    1 for each continent. Some kind of destruction of Zandlar during the cata dungeon maybe? Maybe a proudmore Kultiras dungeon during the first war.
    It would be great to get the moment when Jaina helped the Horde kill his father, and have the Dragonflight always taunt the Alliance saying that "They could change the past", "They could save Theramore, they could save so many souls"

That'd be pretty sweet. One of the rare CoT dungeons that's actually something we haven't seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they forgot about that place honestly lmao...remember when added that weird vortex over it during Warlords?
    and never explained it, there was zero story there? lol. Up until then the last time we really saw that place was in MoP in visions of things that never happened

It shocks me we haven't had once since the end of Cataclysm. They were always my favourite, as you got to see places you've played through in new contexts and designs, without losing the original.

Chromie has shown she can still manipulate time, so I don't see why the Caverns themselves would have stopped working.

In fact, I'm half wondering if the Infinite Dragonflight might be a relatively soon expansion enemy. The "other side" of Cataclysm, where we deal with their formation and them trying to reach the past, instead of them coming out of the future to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I think they forgot about that place honestly lmao...remember when added that weird vortex over it during Warlords?
    and never explained it, there was zero story there? lol. Up until then the last time we really saw that place was in MoP in visions of things that never happened
    Do you mean during the Legion Invasion event, when the demons were trying to invade it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    It shocks me we haven't had once since the end of Cataclysm. They were always my favourite, as you got to see places you've played through in new contexts and designs, without losing the original.

Chromie has shown she can still manipulate time, so I don't see why the Caverns themselves would have stopped working.

In fact, I'm half wondering if the Infinite Dragonflight might be a relatively soon expansion enemy. The "other side" of Cataclysm, where we deal with their formation and them trying to reach the past, instead of them coming out of the future to change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mean during the Legion Invasion event, when the demons were trying to invade it?
    Nope there was a Vortex that popped up in Warlords, it never got explained. It might still be over there for all I know I haven't went there in along time

Nope there was a Vortex that popped up in Warlords, it never got explained. It might still be over there for all I know I haven't went there in along time
    Legion invasion event took place in Warlords, just right near the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion invasion event took place in Warlords, just right near the end.
    It wasn't for Legion mate. It was a Bronze color portal like the Dragon Flight. In the middle of WARLORDS. lol

It wasn't for Legion mate. It was a Bronze color portal like the Dragon Flight. In the middle of WARLORDS. lol
    Middle of WoD, okay. That's odd.

I remember the CoT being sealed off at the end of Warlords when Tanaris was invaded by demons, but I don't know of anything outside of that taking place in Warlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Middle of WoD, okay. That's odd.

I remember the CoT being sealed off at the end of Warlords when Tanaris was invaded by demons, but I don't know of anything outside of that taking place in Warlords.
    Yeah it was some portal that hangout above it, didn't do anything. I'm not sure if its still there, Bellular has a video about the changes there but the portal isn't mentioned in the Video. When I seen the portal it was in HeelVsbabyface video awhile back.
    But yeah they never did anything with any of it, probably was just another part of something cut from that expansion.

But never the less, I'd like it used more. But not in a stupid way, Time Travel really shouldn't be touched in alot of entertainment honestly. It just messes up everything in the end, if not handled right and with care, of Blizzard can deal with it in minimal ways, and not to excess it will be okay

Yeah it was some portal that hangout above it, didn't do anything. I'm not sure if its still there, Bellular has a video about the changes there but the portal isn't mentioned in the Video. When I seen the portal it was in HeelVsbabyface video awhile back.
    But yeah they never did anything with any of it, probably was just another part of something cut from that expansion.

But never the less, I'd like it used more. But not in a stupid way, Time Travel really shouldn't be touched in alot of entertainment honestly. It just messes up everything in the end, if not handled right and with care, of Blizzard can deal with it in minimal ways, and not to excess it will be okay
    Time travel is my favourite story element :P but it is hard to do right, and WoD certainly failed hard in exposing the fact Blizzard hasn't given any thought to it.

I wouldn't mind the odd "alt timelines" dungeon, like if the Lich King took over Stormwind or whatever. Long as it's clear they are timelines that will fade after we go there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time travel is my favourite story element :P but it is hard to do right, and WoD certainly failed hard in exposing the fact Blizzard hasn't given any thought to it.

I wouldn't mind the odd "alt timelines" dungeon, like if the Lich King took over Stormwind or whatever. Long as it's clear they are timelines that will fade after we go there.
    Used to be mine until I started to question Time Travel a lot and ask questions behind the idea. I ruined it for myself probably, then seeing many Time Travel concepts just become well...shit. Even worse then Warlords managed to do turned me off the idea completely.

Idea:

Horde
    Amani Insurrection
    The introduction of Amani into the Horde. They could explore the relationship between Silvermoon and Zul'Aman and their bloody history through the CoT, and afterwards find a way to reconcile and move forward for the interest of both the Horde and the rebuilding of the Amani Trolls. (With the Zandalari joining the Horde this is the perfect time. The player takes the form of EITHER Blood Elf or Troll (depends on the week) and the instance is from the point of view of either or.

Alliance
    The Fall of Lorderon
    This instance would be focused on the Fall of crowned prince Arthas and the scourge take over of Lorderon. Your player serves as Human rebels who are fighting the waves of the scourge. The instance ends with the players death, and resurrection as undead. (I envision this as your party fights Arthas, dies, rises once again as human undead, and given 'trinkets' as new soldiers in the scourge army.)
    "It really do be like that sometimes..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    CoT instance where we go back in time and prevent WoD from happening
    The infinite dragonflight tries to alter the future. I say we help them!

Do the infinite dragons have an aim yet other than to just generally cause chaos?
    They've tried to stop the New Horde forming, Arthas becoming Lich King, and...what exactly were they doing in Cata? I'd love to see some more development on what specifically they're trying to stop. Was it meant to be Deathwing? I hope not, that'd make their story pretty redundant now.

I'd be down for it if they make it a good dungeon instead of a violet hold style, endless trash is the worst type of dungeon imo.

If it is Deathwing they're trying to prevent, they could do Day of the Dragon and let us help the Aspects fight Galakrond, after taking out some Infinite Dragons who are trying to attack them. That could be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    CoT instance where we go back in time and prevent WoD from happening
    The real fucking reason there are no CoT dungeons, it would undermine all of WoD.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Honestly, I was really underwhelmed by WotA dungeon. It's both inaccurate in lore and very crudely put together. I don't want new CoT dungeons because Blizzard is struggling to do them justice.

Hmm the fight where you have to help jaina kill her father or hmm

Maybe if the dungeon ties into the story thematically. Like BC having the opening of the dark portal, fitting considering where most of BC takes place, and Wrath having the culling of stratholme. But I don't think we need cot dungeons for the sake of having them.

I do think Legion could have done something interesting with the battle for blackrock spire to introduce Turalyon and Alleria to players not familiar with pre WoW lore, but after WOD people probably had their fill of fighting old orc heroes. I'm not sure what would be fitting in BFA without knowing where the story is headed. We've already shown Azshara in a CoT dungeon.

Unless blizzard has something that will tie into the expansion and not just be a random time travel journey disconnected from the overall plot of the expansion like old hillsbrad or has an idea in mind to actually develop the infinite flight story more such as by showing how Nozdormu is corrupted into Murozond, it's probably best to leave it be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The real fucking reason there are no CoT dungeons, it would undermine all of WoD.
    How so? WoD was an alternate dimension, CoT is the past of our timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do the infinite dragons have an aim yet other than to just generally cause chaos?
    They've tried to stop the New Horde forming, Arthas becoming Lich King, and...what exactly were they doing in Cata? I'd love to see some more development on what specifically they're trying to stop. Was it meant to be Deathwing? I hope not, that'd make their story pretty redundant now.

I'd be down for it if they make it a good dungeon instead of a violet hold style, endless trash is the worst type of dungeon imo.

If it is Deathwing they're trying to prevent, they could do Day of the Dragon and let us help the Aspects fight Galakrond, after taking out some Infinite Dragons who are trying to attack them. That could be fun.
    They were trying to prevent the Hour of Twilight, which basically means Azeroth turning Void.

It actually works pretty well with new lore: we can now posit that the End Time dungeon we saw was one where Azeroth was dead, and thus the Old Gods had lost, that being a 'better' alternative than one where the universe had a void-corrupted Titan, thus why Murozond was telling us the End Time was a blessing we couldn't comprehend.

The only problem is I think the dungeon was described as a world where the Old Gods won, or at least Deathwing was not stopped, so that kinda causes issues, unless Deathwing eventually overstepped his bounds - again - and killed Azeroth and the Old Gods thus lost and killed him before Azeroth died in revenge.

I would love a new Caverns of Time dungeon. Other than Black Morass they are always fun and interesting.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52