Poll: $3,000,000 USD or your one true love?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    showmethemoney

You gotta define one true love better because I've heard so many people say my one true love and they end up divorced.

I don't believe in there being one true love. I think a person can have many true loves. A relationship takes work on both parts, its not just love conquers all. Butterflies stage fades. Youth fades. Looks fade. If your relationship is built on nothing but vanity and the physical, eventually that ship sails and your left with the real fundamentals of a relationship. That's something that takes work and respect from both parties.

3 million bucks properly invested will last me the rest of my life. That gives me plenty of time to focus on finding one of my loves out there and you better be damn sure I'm going to make it look like I don't have much to weed out the gold diggers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because - as a matter of reality - money trumps everything (apart from air and water).

Also - it wasn't money that destroyed it, it was lack of money.
    How was it True love if lack of Money destroyed it?

Take the 3,000,000$ three other individuals took thereby saving them from their mistake. Burn it in front of them (pretty brave if you ask me) and convince them of their mistake. Pick true love as your option and take whatever steps necessary to ensure your true love is a multimillionaire.

Money, all the way. I believe Tim Minchin best explains why.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    How was it True love if lack of Money destroyed it?
    The question makes no sense.

It is like asking - How can that be green if it is a truck?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The money without any hesitation.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming the one true love is the actual woman I will happily spend the rest of my life with regardless of what happens in our lives, I'd choose the one true love over 3 mill with ease.

The amount of time, effort, and risk you'd save from looking for an actual live long partner far outweighs 3 million dollars IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Even self sacrifice can appear to be a brave act, but if the person enjoys it and has the money to help, while commendable for sure, it may not be that much of a sacrifice. The one who goes and cleans up the bed pans and washes the ass of those in nursing homes and does not get paid for it, are the ones making a real sacrifice.

Now jumping into icy water off a bridge in order to save someone, is certainly a brave and heroic act.

This is why, brave acts are going to depend on who is judging. Staging a brave act , may not be.
    GP I actually appreciate your skepticism here, I think it's fair and good, but I also believe self sacrifice as it relates to being brave is clear right.

I mean truly giving of oneself

And you are right about who maybe judging as for Jumping into Icy Water off a bridge to save someone, that can be brave, but it can also be fucking stupid, which is why I said provided you aren't adding to someone else's nightmare.

The last thing first responders need are people with good intentions with stupid ideas.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The question makes no sense.

It is like asking - How can that be green if it is a truck?
    NO, because True Love is meant to mean absolute love. In which the person that loves you loves you regardless of anything else.

If someone left you because of a lack of Money, Protip: It's not True love. Just regular run of the mill fleeting love.

10+ Year Old Account
    NO, because True Love is meant to mean absolute love. In which the person that loves you loves you regardless of anything else.

If someone left you because of a lack of Money, Protip: It's not True love. Just regular run of the mill fleeting love.
    Yep gonna have to agree with all of this for the reasons you stated.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I would definitely take the money!

NO, because True Love is meant to mean absolute love.
    Indeed it is, but lack of money can destroy anything - including absolute true love.

That's just the reality of the world. We aren't talking about fantasies or fiction here - talking about the real world.

In the real world - money is the third most important thing in existence after water and air, that's just the facts of the situation.

Lack of air and water can destroy true love, why not lack of money.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Only 3 Million dollars lol? No thanks. My organs are worth more on the black market.
    No, they're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gave up on love years ago, so money all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Already have my love. Commit the three acts. Claim no reward. What kind of scumbag pretends to be a hero for their greed.
    What kind of robot acts as if they're Human then tries to pretend as if all Humans are self-serving beings on a constant lookout for a Win/Win, except themselves?

The, "this is bullshit and I'm better than everyone" thread is over there. ---->
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Take 3 mill.

Be a volunteer fire fighter.

Rescue 3 people.

Thanks.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it is, but lack of money can destroy anything - including absolute true love.
    No it can't, or else it wouldn't be absolute true love. The fact you are having trouble grasping this concept means I'm likely just wasting my time with you as usual anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it can't, or else it wouldn't be absolute true love. The fact you are having trouble grasping this concept means I'm likely just wasting my time with you as usual anyway.
    The question I wonder is,
    Why does "true love" HAVE to be reciprocated in order to exist? You mean to tell me there can't be just "one" person in-love, for it to be actually love?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Money. The other one is not a real thing and just comes down to what you make of it. You make it work easier with some money to take some burdens off you, and I'm a guy that doesn't even care for being rich, I'm well off already, but some extra reserves won't hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    why do you make so many polls ?
    He fetishises the gathering of information is my guess. All of his polls are always public as well. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he is some account used for polling this forum's population to release some garbage study one day.