Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    No I meant as in space marines were already loyal and devout to the emprah, but grey knights were like, super uber fanatically devout and loyal.

As I said, draenei are already light oriented. lightforged seems redudant.
    Extra Light Lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not enough, they need a more outstanding feature that is appropriate to them, but big enough to stand out. Wings would do it.
    Would you be able to tell a Void Elf who is not wearing the Heritage armor or has no "tentacle" hair apart from a Blood Elf DK with blue hair, from a distance and fully armored? Or a hooded Iron Dwarf with no beard from a normal Dwarf, from a distance? Not really. It isn't just the Lightforged draenei which suffer from "the same silhouette" when seen from a distance or when nitpicked apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't though i would be saying this ever in my life but...

"We need more clothes that show more skins, mainly designed around the Lightforged, to be able to show their cool tattoos."

Note: Pretty sure every race would use those skimpy sets either way, not like people are not fan of those. (Also even more with some new options bringing new tattoos and things like those)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    Would you be able to tell a Void Elf who is not wearing the Heritage armor or has no "tentacle" hair apart from a Blood Elf DK with blue hair, from a distance and fully armored? Or a hooded Iron Dwarf with no beard from a normal Dwarf, from a distance? Not really. It isn't just the Lightforged draenei which suffer from "the same silhouette" when seen from a distance or when nitpicked apart.
    I think, unless you go with some full DK looking set, its not that hard to notice when someone is a VE, and ID, well at least they will have the red eyes regardless of your equipment (excluding those head pieces that change your eye colors)

They shoulda gave them like a yellowish/holy looking skin tone option.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No. Wings are stupid.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    The only actual new races are Zandalari and Nightborne. Everything else could have been done by adding extra customization to existing characters. I do think they should have given 3 races this time. Zandalari for horde, something new for alliance, maybe broken, and neutral nightborne. Then also promise new character customization for launch and in subsequent patches. 8.1 is the undead without bones plus tons of cool new hair and flesh textures patch. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
    but you can tell a highmountain tauren snf a zandalari and a nightborne, and the void elf at least has something to show that points him out - and is all the more reason for the lightforged draenei to get something like wings, would be perfect. I'm loving the idea immensely. It would have a similar impact to the highmountain horns, and more like an upgrade that lightforged actually makes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    The only actual new races are Zandalari and Nightborne. Everything else could have been done by adding extra customization to existing characters. I do think they should have given 3 races this time. Zandalari for horde, something new for alliance, maybe broken, and neutral nightborne. Then also promise new character customization for launch and in subsequent patches. 8.1 is the undead without bones plus tons of cool new hair and flesh textures patch. Etc.
    Well that would have been better, nightborne should have been neutral or alliance, but no use crying over spilled milk, it's already done.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are way passed the time to change it, but yeah u pointed here for an massive problem
    U can't tell between lightforged and normal dreanei from distance
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

They need better racials

*shrug* they are just alternative draenei customization, just like highmountain and dark iron dwarves. Not the most exciting, neither the worst so It's okay I guess. Nightborne and Void Elves at least give some flavor from the opposite faction at least, so I hope more Allied Races are like that in the future, to allow player to kinda chose a race regardless of the faction without making the races neutral.

Nightborbe are skinnier night elves, and void elves are bluer Blood Elves, etc, we could get more stuff on those lines. While I'm thinking that fleshier undead could help the horde boost their numbers in terms of not everything being a blood elf, alliance could get a more brutish race based on the orc model, or goblins, or yaungol, who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."
    Especially considering one of blizz's main arguments against High Elves was "there aren't enough."

I suppose at least with LFD there is the ritual to convert regular draenei to LF. Except shaman apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Void elves need a hunch to signify their bodies' ravaging by the void.
    I don't know, the void seems to do wonders for your core.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    The problem is not how they look. It is that they, like the Void Elves are such a shallow, loreless and tacked on invention. There would be like 100 LFD and 20 VE in all of the warcraft universe which feels wrongly small for an entire "race."
    Goblins...?

Deleted
    No, they really don't.

They are the alliance counterpart to High-mountain Tauren. They get a different skin complexion and different horns. That's all they need to compete there.

edit: I fail to see how you can think angel wings on a draenei would be fitting... If anything a naaru like structure on their back would fit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Goblins...?
    The same ones that have been around since Warcraft 2?
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-12-06 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something i would like to point out, the Lightforged Draneai Tattoos that change are not the golden things in the back, but other lighter ones, something like the Nightborne tattoos)

They sure need something more - more freaking classes to choose from.

Literally no reason to not have monks.

I hope they at least get DH style armor, using the more cut-out armor model variations so the tattoos are actually seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    They sure need something more - more freaking classes to choose from.

Literally no reason to not have monks.
    This is basically the huge problem with all the Allied races. Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Monk for nearly all of them and not much else except in a few cases (1 paladin, 1 shaman, 2 druids, and 2 Rogues, I believe). Just seems like a huge waste of a concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    but you can tell a highmountain tauren snf a zandalari and a nightborne, and the void elf at least has something to show that points him out - and is all the more reason for the lightforged draenei to get something like wings, would be perfect. I'm loving the idea immensely. It would have a similar impact to the highmountain horns, and more like an upgrade that lightforged actually makes.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that would have been better, nightborne should have been neutral or alliance, but no use crying over spilled milk, it's already done.
    They have more in common with the BElves than NElves. So you can't really say they should be in alliance, but I agree that they should be neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    I hope they at least get DH style armor, using the more cut-out armor model variations so the tattoos are actually seen.

This is basically the huge problem with all the Allied races. Hunter, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Monk for nearly all of them and not much else except in a few cases (1 paladin, 1 shaman, 2 druids, and 2 Rogues, I believe). Just seems like a huge waste of a concept.
    I was thinking the same thing about the armor, but if you check their heritage gear, it's more covering than any of the other heritage armors. I wouldn't expect the same special snowflake treatment the demon hunters got (same item appearing as a sports bra on a DH, but as a full spandex suit on anyone else).
    Funny when you check any artwork, official included, the draenei mostly wear more revealing gear.

If I want to play a LF, I will have to re-level a class I already have (and don't like). Too bad I main a monk and have active shaman and DK alts, fuck me right.

They could have added something new actually, like a LF rogue as some kind of saboteur or something, they were waging a thousand-year guerilla war after all. But nah, we need them more elves.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    *shrug* they are just alternative draenei customization, just like highmountain and dark iron dwarves. Not the most exciting, neither the worst so It's okay I guess. Nightborne and Void Elves at least give some flavor from the opposite faction at least, so I hope more Allied Races are like that in the future, to allow player to kinda chose a race regardless of the faction without making the races neutral.

Nightborbe are skinnier night elves, and void el

ves are bluer Blood Elves, etc, we could get more stuff on those lines. While I'm thinking that fleshier undead could help the horde boost their numbers in terms of not everything being a blood elf, alliance could get a more brutish race based on the orc model, or goblins, or yaungol, who knows.
    I see your point about fleshier and more brutish - but i think alliance will have that covered with a worgen and draenei sub-race, while LF don't have the brute image, they certainly have the appearance, lets not forget that - and we have Panda sub-race to do that.

As for undead, i am literally dying to see these make it as vampires or recently undead, especially now i'm fully horde. It's like the last sub-race i'm waiting for after getting both nightborne and zandalari - two of the sub-races i've wanted most. These type of undead, still skinny, but fully fleshed, upright, different from humans - more like upright forsaken with more humanized features but still with the pale goth look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Especially considering one of blizz's main arguments against High Elves was "there aren't enough."

I suppose at least with LFD there is the ritual to convert regular draenei to LF. Except shaman apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, the void seems to do wonders for your core.
    Actually, that was always more the player bases anti high elf groups argument against high elves, not really blizzard, and it started from a CM called Caydiem back in the days when the community use to think all blues (i.e CMs incl) were devs, so they took her word as being an official statement from the deves and the anti-high elf crowd have always used that as ammunition to shoot down any new guy who would come on forums asking for high elves to be playable. Anyway, i have always thought that humans and high elves should have similar counterparts on the horde - forsaken and blood elves would have been perfect. But not quite like we have them. For forsaken it would have been a more necromancer diablo 3 model i posted above rather than the hunched over ghoul and the blood elves would have had a more vampirish and cruel edge, like they were turing out at the end of TFT to be.

But that's ancient history, no use crying over that. Such a move would have quickly balanced out the population so fast. All the cool kids would have gone horde having 2 pretty and emo races their, while all the goody two shoes ones would have stuck with alliance. I would either not have made night elves playable or made them neutral with only a small group of youngsters choosing to get involved with the factions to help guide their destinies so they don't make terrible mistakes the night elves know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    They have more in common with the BElves than NElves. So you can't really say they should be in alliance, but I agree that they should be neutral.
    No dude, they have FAR more in common with the night elves, being night elves themselves. They have the shared experience of mana addiction with the blood elves in common, i.e. they have some things in common with blood elves, but the vast majority are in common with night elves. Let us not forget that.
    On the alliance, they have cultural commanilty with the Highborne amongst the night elves and the High elves in the alliance. THere is no reason to join the blood elves because they get both empathy and cultural kinship from highborne and high elves. The reason they go horde is because the blood elves were flirting with them in 7.1.

Let us not forget they are night elves. They have the nocturnal thing in common, hey they know the night elves remember - those guys are all from Suramar remember. Tyrandes night elves may have moved on to a new culture, but they do remember each other. They have the same moon/star love and focus, etc, nightborne are kaldorei empire elves. Never forget that. And you cannot forget that as far as we know the nightborne are a lot friendlier with the night elves of the broken isles, it's just the night elves that are with Tyrande i.e. the Kalimdor ones that they are not allying with. I'm disappointed with this move, but its the move they made, and it's spilled milk, it's not being reversed.

It is not what they have incommon that is forcing them into the horde. I can guarantee you blizzard did not make that decision because "they have more in common with the blood elves" blizzard know their lore a lot better than you do, seeing how they wrote them as night elves, they are not going to have more in common with blood elves. They made their decision because they were giving alliance Thalassian elves and felt therefore the horde should also get night elves and so giving the alliance the best horde model, they gave the horde the best aspect of the night elves. You have to realize that lore doesn't always drive race choice decisions. It wasn't lore that drove the blood elves to the horde either. Lore does drive a lot of decisions, but there are instances when it clearly doesn't and blizzard are quite frank about it if you listen to them or ask them.