Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You had me until here... How exactly is using his shamanistic powers "cheating"
    Supposedly it was supposed to be just weapons, and Thrall used Draenors elements to kill Garrosh so Azeroths elements are pissed with him and he can't wield the doomhammer. Which is why enhance shanties get it.

It's a bit of a cluster

I would of preferred a more personal touch to passing on with the weapons we've grown attached to and empowered for an entire expansion, especially those with previous lore/ are actually sentient.

Just some off the top of my head

Demonology - Thal'kiel making a bargain with us, to continue to work with us and be a member of the Black Harvest if we find him a body

Shadow Priest - Telling us that for our help, they'll show us a glimpse of Nyalotha or other old god stuff as a warning, and while there the dagger mysteriously dissappears after a little bit of prolouge

Windwalker Monk- Thrown back into the trash where we found it

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    Good job, I don't have a career in writing, that's why I studied to work in a lab.

I'm not arguing for keeping our weapons. I'm giving a reason why they needed to be destroyed or drained of power in the lore to make logical sense of why we would not use them. Blizzard needs to write the weapons out of the story for now, not decide to give to them to another NPC who can just as easily use it.
    What a horrid end for the Ashbringer, Frostmourne, Doomhammer, etc. All with the same end to their stories. All with very different backgrounds, from different eras. All with the same end.
    Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    What a horrid end for the Ashbringer, Frostmourne, Doomhammer, etc. All with the same end to their stories. All with very different backgrounds, from different eras. All with the same end.
    Disgusting.
    How do you know it's the end of the weapon story? No where does it say the weapons are destroyed, we just contain the corruption inside the weapons. Also, given that there's 36 weapons, I doubt Blizzard would implement a unique end to each weapon.

. Also, given that there's 36 weapons, I doubt Blizzard would implement a unique end to each weapon.
    Much like how they didnt implement a unique intro to each weapon huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Whose excited about trading in legendary daggers for "Kul'Trias Skinning Knife" green quest reward?
    "Champion of the Horde! Take this Zandalari toothpick and kill those fifteen insects that are roaming our garden!".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halwyn View Post
    Especially that bit with Lor'themar, I've got quite a kick of it. So, put plainly, he's declaring a war on the leader of the Tirisgarde and the Kirin Tor, going in with an armed force. And why he does that? Because he wants Felo'melorn. .
    I was typing this up on my phone, so maybe I didn't convey the message clear enough. They story is, Blood Elven royals fear thwt powerful elven weapon would be used either against them or not efficiently enough, so they use their council powers to decide to seize it. The upcoming war is the big giant war shown in the cinematic, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You had me until here... How exactly is using his shamanistic powers "cheating"
    Oh, we argued this before... He himself admitted he cheated, in the Encha shaman artifact quest. That's why he lost Doomhammer in the fight of Maelstorm and that's why elements don't communicate with him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again you hate everything Blizzard does because it is by Blizzard. While praising anything that isn't blizzard even though it is just as lame.
    Again, I said I like Blizzard's storytelling most of the times. Just sometimes it's worse.
    And again, how is homogeneous end to all 35 artefacts better than acknowledging each individual weapon and how it could potentially end? Especially if some weapons are sentient, like the scythe, skull or shadow dagger? It's like kiling off all Order hall followers in one quest, in order to remove them from game.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    . Windwalker Monk- Thrown back into the trash where we found it
    You got me.

How do you know it's the end of the weapon story? No where does it say the weapons are destroyed, we just contain the corruption inside the weapons.
    Oh I haven't thought of this, they might not disappear completely, but I doubt that's how it will go down, since we would still need a quest to pass them to someone. And I wouldn't trust Magni with all 36 weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were a selling point of the expansion and even many of the acquisition quests are the same across specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would've liked for the Ashbringer to be given to Arator. Or Turalyon. Whoever wants it more. Probably Arator, he deserves it.

But, no, I guess... Throwing it at a sword and having it shatter is fine, to... Just completely destroy, like... 33 of the most powerful weapons on Azeroth(most of them being very iconic to the lore, namely Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune, Doomhammer, Thas'dorah, Shards of Frostmourne, etc.) just in one short event where we just... Kinda lose them. Is cool too.

Not saying it's used for a bad cause, it's great that we use them to stop Sargeras' sword, but. I kind of agree, this is an extremely lazy route Blizzard took. It's not bad. Just a bit disappointing.

It's kinda like getting a new shirt for christmas. Like, yeah, you can't be mad, the shirt does look nice and all, but. I mean, it could've been something so much better.
    Last edited by Nekrotix; 2017-12-07 at 08:12 AM.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

They weren't unique seeing as how most of the quests were shared with only the dialogue slightly altered. If they had done the smart thing and given each class one weapon that changes based on your specialization then yes, a unique "ending" to each would be reasonable. Of course knowing Blizzard they would still be lazy and give us a terrible send-off regardless but that's all we can expect from them these days.

Deleted
    I think their method is the most efficient way to get the potentially lore destroying plot-devices out of the way permanently. This way it's easy to continue without gaping plotholes just waiting to fuck shit up. Imagine 30+ weapons so powerfull as our artifacts that can fall into the wrong hands (let alone one group or person collecting them). And it's impossible to think of so many seperate stories that get rid of them efficiently.

Passing them on isn't an option tbh, anything but destroying them or depleting them of their power permanently isn't good enough. I do hope there will be little nods and hints towards the specific weapons though, but I'm not holding my breath.

All in all I think it's a fine way of getting rid of our artifacts, something we knew would happen well before legion even launched. (and we will still have the skins so RP your heart out with your own canon)

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    They weren't unique seeing as how most of the quests were shared with only the dialogue slightly altered. If they had done the smart thing and given each class one weapon that changes based on your specialization then yes, a unique "ending" to each would be reasonable. Of course knowing Blizzard they would still be lazy and give us a terrible send-off regardless but that's all we can expect from them these days.
    Some of them were shared in the sense that you went to the same place like frost dks and fire mages going to ICC or unholy/balance/affliction going to kharazan, but we dont need a long drawn out ending to them.

As a demo main, a short 2-3 part questline to say give Thal'Kiel a body would be more than fine with me. Or as It would at least feel more special and valid than just generically raising weapons into the sky and have their power drained to somehow make a dark titans sword dissappear.

I'm sure ret paladins if they had to would much rather some interaction with Darion/Tirion with the parting of the Ashbringer too. Or Frost dks some interaction with muradin/bolvar.

Point being, the current idea sucks bad. It might of been more work to make a little bit of an ending to each and every weapon, but it should be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post

All in all I think it's a fine way of getting rid of our artifacts, something we knew would happen well before legion even launched.
    We all knew it would happen we just didnt know it would suck ass

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    It is going to suck up Taeshalachs corruption and healing Azeroth. Can there be a bigger reason to sacrifce all your artifact power?
    It's Gorribal's corruption.
    Taeshalach is the fragment aggramar had. Before these two were split they were called Gorshalach, but the part that Sargeras kept is Gorribal.

Either way, this end is fine. Some people will be salty about everything. Given the scale of the thing here it just makes sense to use all the artifact weapons.

What better way to give up our Artifact Weapons than to save our world? Some people just insist on being blindly ignorant and try to talk against Blizzard just for the sake of it, regardless of how hopelessly petty their complaints are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Whose excited about trading in legendary daggers for "Kul'Trias Skinning Knife" green quest reward?
    I actually kinda am, to be honest. I'm excited to see what kind of shields, guns, etc we get in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Can there be a bigger reason to sacrifce all your artifact power?
    I agree, I think its a good reason/explanation. I'll miss my artifacts, but using them to save the world titan works for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Point being, the current idea sucks bad. It might of been more work to make a little bit of an ending to each and every weapon, but it should be worth it.
    One huge, universal issue that requires their combined might makes infinitely more sense than 36 weapon 'endings'. Why would our heroes surrender that many super-powerful weapons if not for some awful thing that needed them? Especially with war about to break out between H and A once again?

"Ashbringer would really help us in the fight against the Horde! But... Arator would really like it please. He's always wanted one."

Now imagine that ridiculousness 35 more times and explain how that makes more sense than using them to save the goddamned planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I don't think there was ever going to be a "good" way to do it, particularly for the previously established lore weapons.
    And no approach was going to be equally liked by everyone anyway, like well everything else the game offers.
    You can try to be something for everyone, or everything for no-one.
    Well said. They're never going to make everyone happy, with any decision they make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Personally I would've liked for the Ashbringer to be given to Arator. Or Turalyon. Whoever wants it more. Probably Arator, he deserves it.

But, no, I guess... Throwing it at a sword and having it shatter is fine, to... Just completely destroy, like... 33 of the most powerful weapons on Azeroth(most of them being very iconic to the lore, namely Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune, Doomhammer, Thas'dorah, Shards of Frostmourne, etc.) just in one short event where we just... Kinda lose them. Is cool too.

Not saying it's used for a bad cause, it's great that we use them to stop Sargeras' sword, but. I kind of agree, this is an extremely lazy route Blizzard took. It's not bad. Just a bit disappointing.

It's kinda like getting a new shirt for christmas. Like, yeah, you can't be mad, the shirt does look nice and all, but. I mean, it could've been something so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I really hope the next generation of kids will realize that there's a difference between 'lazy' and 'I don't like a thing.' Because the current one seems to confuse the two, like, all the time.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-08 at 09:34 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I still like the swords there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

One huge, universal issue that requires their combined might makes infinitely more sense than 36 weapon 'endings'. Why would our heroes surrender that many super-powerful weapons if not for some awful thing that needed them? Especially with war about to break out between H and A once again?

"Ashbringer would really help us in the fight against the Horde! But... Arator would really like it please. He's always wanted one."

Now imagine that ridiculousness 35 more times and explain how that makes more sense than using them to save the goddamned planet.
    Sure right after you explain how much sense it makes for the sentient dagger of an old god to absorb the dark titans sword.

Ignoring that fact that just straight up absorbing it is retarded in its own right given that each artifact is different. Sure, I can see the Scepter of Sargeras having that capability but for most, it makes no sense to have the ability to do anything at all to his sword. SARGERAS'S SWORD. The big fucking bad whos been instrument for every expansion and has had some hand in every part of the fucking warcraft universe. The cosmic destroyer. The Ashbringer or even Frostmourne's Shards aint shit compared to Sargeras

BREAKING NEWS! SARGERAS'S WORLD DESTROYING SWORD GORRIBAL, WAS IMPALED INTO AZEROTH"S CRUST BUT MAGICALLY VAPORIZED BY A MONKEY WITH SHIT ON A STICK!

Sure, go ahead and say that "well we have been empowering it all expansion, its super duper strong!". No, thats just a gameplay aspect, not a storytelling one. Just like Thrall who had the doomhammer for the better half of his life, say that the player character whos had it for a mere 5 minutes has more prowess with it than he ever did. These things are there to make gameplay compelling. Not the story.
    Last edited by Challenge; 2017-12-08 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure right after you explain how much sense it makes for the sentient dagger of an old god to absorb the dark titans sword.

Ignoring that fact that just straight up absorbing it is retarded in its own right given that each artifact is different. Sure, I can see the Sceptar of Sargeras having that capability but for most, it makes no sense to have the ability to do anything at all to his sword. SARGERAS'S SWORD. The big fucking bad whos been instrument for every expansion and has had some hand in every part of the fucking warcraft universe. The cosmic destroyer. The Ashbringer or even Frostmourne's Shards aint shit compared to Sargeras

BREAKING NEWS! SARGERA'S WORLD DESTROYING SWORD GORRIBAL, WAS IMPALED INTO AZEROTH"S CRUST BUT MAGICALLY VAPORIZED BY A MONKEY WITH SHIT ON A STICK!

Sure, go ahead and say that "well we have been empowering it all expansion, its super duper strong!". No, thats just a gameplay aspect, not a storytelling one. Just like Thrall who had the doomhammer for the better half of his life, say that the player character whos had it for a mere 5 minutes has more prowess with it than he ever did. These things are there to make gameplay compelling. Not the story.
    Wholly agree with this right here. I knew that they probably wouldn't be able to do a special send-off for every single goddamn artifact weapon, but for the ones that were actually important, for those that actually held major plot significance, to just be used as a Deus Sword Machina and just instantly delete a giant, world-demolishing, all-powerful, planetary-annihilating sword of ultimate evil and to never be used ever again is just such a painfully boring, painfully stupid way for all of our artifact weapons to go. At the VERY least, there should've been something special for Doomhammer or Ashbringer. At the VERY least.
    I would've been happier if Sargeras destroyed all of our weapons, or maybe if our weapons were used to aid in securing Sargeras in the Ghostbusters Trap, or maybe if they were used to weaken Sargeras, ANYTHING would've been better than just poofing his sword away. It may not be lazy, it makes sense and I can see why they did it, but it's just so goddamn anticlimactic that we may as well just be throwing them into a bottomless pit.

I really hope the next generation of kids will realize that there's a difference between 'lazy' and 'I don't like a thing.' Because the current one seems to confuse the two, like, all the time.
    Why can't it be both? Maybe 'I don't like a thing' because 'It's lazy' and 'Not very satisfying'.
    If you think it was a great way for all our artifact weapons to go, great! That's amazing. But I didn't.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Again there is nothing inherently bad or evil about being a Warlock.
    Unless your a Goblin warlock. Nasty little fuckers them lot.

Funny, because you're in the same generation as me. Unless of course you're going on 40+ in which case, shouldn't you be doing something more productive with what little life you have left? This is lazy, pure and simple, but then again, Blizzard have been lazy for years now--it's only recently reached its peak.