Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    She wasn't raped by him.
    yeah she was in every legal sense, not only was she underage, she was also being coerced.
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2017-12-05 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    yeah she was in every legal sense, not only is she underage, she was also being coerced.
    It doesn't matter. Even if you were raped by someone you have no legal right to outright murder a person. That's the only thing that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by luc54 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Even if you were raped by someone you have no legal right to outright murder a person. That's the only thing that needs to be said.
    So if you caught a 43 year old man having sex with your 16 year old daughter, would you say, oh its ok because he payed her and she only has to do this everyday under the threat of physical violence, or would you kill him?

Deleted
    Except that's not even remotely accurate.
    She didn't kill her captor - She killed a guy who bought sex from her.
    Note, that's from her, not her pimp, Her.
    She should be in jail for life.
    Yup! She murdered a john in his sleep, clear case of murder in the first. Or do you guys propose we give murderers a p*ssy pass now?

- - - Updated - - -

So if you caught a 43 year old man having sex with your 16 year old daughter, would you say, oh its ok because he payed her and she only has to do this everyday under the threat of physical violence, or would you kill him?
    The victim didn't rape and threaten her, that was her pimp. The guy just solicited sex from her to which she agreed. He probably didn't even know she was 16.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah she was in every legal sense, not only was she underage, she was also being coerced.
    No by the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Well even if she was forced into prostitution it wouldn’t have been rape for who ever hired her as they would not know if she was forced or not.
    ...but it would be rape because she was 16
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

However her committing murder regardless to what she has been through doesn't change the fact that is what it was. I mean if ever there were a good reason to murder someone this would be a perfect example.
    How is someone buying sex a perfect example this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Well...... in the USA technically this may be true but in reality it would be kind of preposterous to convict a John of rape after having been solicited for sex by a prostitute even if it turned out she was 17 instead of 18. There would be no way for the buyer to really verify her age. The letter of the law and the spirit of the law is not really the same in these cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    How is someone buying sex a perfect example this?

- - - Updated - - -

Well...... in the USA technically this may be true but in reality it would be kind of preposterous to convict a John of rape after having been solicited for sex by a prostitute even if it turned out she was 17 instead of 18. There would be no way for the buyer to really verify her age. The letter of the law and the spirit of the law is not really the same in these cases.
    He has sex with a 16 year old sex slave, if he wasn't concerned enough, the world is better off without him.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He has sex with a 16 year old sex slave, if he wasn't concerned enough, the world is better off without him.
    The world would be better off without a lot of people - it still doesn't give anyone a free green card to murder them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The world would be better off without a lot of people - it still doesn't give anyone a free green card to murder them.
    Nope, and I didn't suggest it did, I am not advocating for her release, I am just saying under her circumstance, I can understand her going insane.

Strawman. First it's not relevant wheter he raped her or not. You can't simply murder someone even for raping someone. 16 is legal age where I live so it wouldn't be rape to begin with. Maybe illegal purchase of sex from victim of sex traffic. Even in case it would be considered rape, which might be in some states of US, you can't have victims punish someone for their alleged crimes. That's no justice just vigilantism.

Deleted
    Nope, and I didn't suggest it did, I am not advocating for her release, I am just saying under her circumstance, I can understand her going insane.
    I get what you mean now (even though in your reply to me you suggested it was a righteous murder).

Deleted
    yeah she was in every legal sense, not only was she underage
    Not if he had a reasonable belief she wasn't 16.
    , she was also being coerced.
    Not by him.

- - - Updated - - -

A slave that gets to walk around in society and quite possibly gets to have her own gun?
    A very liberal slave master.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I get what you mean now (even though in your reply to me you suggested it was a righteous murder).
    Righteous no, but under the circumstances I can understand how this came about.

- - - Updated - - -

A slave that gets to walk around in society and quite possibly gets to have her own gun?
    I normally don't ever agree with you, but that's a pretty good fucking point, I have no doubt her circumstances were dire, she was 16, and I am not saying whomever pimping her own wasn't confident enough to allow her to have a gun.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Because she was FORCED to "agree". Consent made under threats is void, no matter WHO the treat makes. If you want to make sure, that a prostitute is not forced, don't go into shady "street work".
    The client didn't make a deal with her pimp, she solicited sex from her client. Her client didn't threaten her and she agreed to have sex with him in exchange for money. Since she was 16, she couldn't legally consent but she did, in fact, actually consent thus making it statutory rape, but not actual rape.

are the defenders of rape really that dense?
    First, I'm not "defending" anyone. I'm correcting your erroneous analysis. Second, you've really no place calling anyone dense when the actual facts have been repeatedly explained to you and you continue to spew the same drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    After i was done typing this i realized that it is possible that you know this fact and are just setting up a scenario that matches the current situation. My comment was for those people who 100% know the context and still believe that her sentence was harsh because they are against prostitution.
    I was actually just countering the argument that someone who buys sex is a scumbag.

Rape and statutory rape are two different things. She was not raped by him, as indicated by the fact that she solicited him for sex. He did, however, commit statutory rape, regardless of him knowing her age or not.

It would be statutory rape.

That's a very interesting fact that I didn't even consider. If she had a gun, it's very well possible the entire ordeal was premeditated.

You do know that 16 is just an arbitrary age right? Humans aren’t fully devloped mentally till there around 25 yet your counted as an adult at 18. If your old enouth to drive you should be old enough to know that things like murder or rape are wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Because how a serious crime and the State of mind it was commited in should factor into sentencing even if they are a year or two under what is considered an adult. You shouldn’t be able to get away with murder just because your a week away from your 18th birthday.
    Since when was 16 17 and 51 weeks old? Your argument makes zero sense

either a person is a child and therefore... a child or they're an adult and an adult.

children shouldn't be charged as adults, 12 13 14 15 16 year olds shouldn't be charged as adults because people feel "but that's a bad crime" yeah so what? Does that mean they magically aged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if he had a reasonable belief she wasn't 16.

Not by him.
    ...except prostitution already isn't legal anyway, irrespective of your thoughts on whether it should be or not.

"I thought that the prostitute I was illegally soliciting was totally over 18! I mean I would never break two sex laws at once!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Since when was 16 17 and 51 weeks old? Your argument makes zero sense

either a person is a child and therefore... a child or they're an adult and an adult.

children shouldn't be charged as adults, 12 13 14 15 16 year olds shouldn't be charged as adults because people feel "but that's a bad crime" yeah so what? Does that mean they magically aged?
    The age some one is considered an adult is frankly arbitrary. In some cases, (I’m not saying this one as I’ve already stated what I think should happen) people under the age of 18 should be held to the same standard as adults. If a 16 year old kills or rapes some one else with clearly no disregard for there actions and no remorse they should be held responsible to the same level as any adult, some one should not be able to get away with a crime or get a much lesser sentence for serious crimes just because they are a year or 2 under 18.

- - - Updated - - -

...except prostitution already isn't legal anyway, irrespective of your thoughts on whether it should be or not.

"I thought that the prostitute I was illegally soliciting was totally over 18! I mean I would never break two sex laws at once!"
    Something being legal doesn’t make it rape/

10+ Year Old Account

Something being legal doesn’t make it rape/
    Well I mean people are saying this guy "probably" didn't know she was an underage sex slave, and it was therefore "wrong" for her to kill him while ignoring the fact that he was already breaking the law in the first place by hiring a prostitute... which he definitely known was illegal.

So it's hard to place him in any sort of "moral highground" here. While it's obviously conjectural... In essence, if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean people are saying this guy "probably" didn't know she was an underage sex slave, and it was therefore "wrong" for her to kill him while ignoring the fact that he was already breaking the law in the first place by hiring a prostitute... which he definitely known was illegal.
    It was "wrong" (and illegal) for her to kill him unless her life was in jeopardy. Period. And sorry, but there's a huge difference in degrees between prostitution and murder. As a less extreme example: I've no problems with consenting adults exchanging money and sex (it being illegal is retarded), but I do have a problem with it being someone who's under the age of consent. Regardless of his knowing her age or not, he did commit statutory rape, regardless of the fact that she agreed to the exchange. That still does not justify his being killed unless, as I said, her life was in immediate danger.

So it's hard to place him in any sort of "moral highground" here. While it's obviously conjectural... In essence, if you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound.
    So then we can safely assume that if you smoke weed, we can try you for selling meth to kids? Penny/pound and all.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-12-06 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    You really show your sickly heart with this statement.

Nothing wrong with a preemptive strike when you have no recourse.
    Your agenda is showing, you are misrepresenting the situation and ignoring the law.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, that protitutes of pimps don't have much choice to agree? Since they are often subjected to violence if they refuse or deliver not enough money? Pimps wouldn't even have to interact with the costumer personally, to threat...
    Which is irrelevant to the case of murder.