Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Argus was a broken world, they couldn't do it, I mean unless when Argus was first mentioned only part of the planet was turned demonic, it could of been done. Ten thousand years of being control under the Legion though doesn't make it possible.
    Well, they could have done it. We could of arrived to find the army of the light had taken a small continent (say broken isle size?) and had begun restoration efforts while also defending it. Imagine EPL type thing.

I wouldn't mind a Argus expansion, but not following legion, either one or the other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    It amazes me how people can complain about "too much green," and then justify Blizzard's poor depiction of Argus. It's like they're both mindless haters and mindless Blizzdrones at the same time!

I do think Argus looks like a turd. And no, justifying it as the 25k years' old fel corruption does not cut it. Even if you say that Legion is all about destruction, not building cities, blablabla. Illidan in his novel did see Kil'jaeden on Argus in some palace city. Where is that palace city in 7.3? A completely wasted opportunity - forever...
    That palace would've been some part of MacAree, the only place the Eredar could protect from their home wold by destroying it into multiple islands and removing it from the main part of the planet.

Literally everything else got drained so that the Titan would grow faster, and Argus is referred to as the Titan of (un)death.
    Also, seeing how fast demons cause destruction in zones on Azeroth, it wouldn't make sense for their main base of operation not to be fully converted to the terrain that they like the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Well, they could have done it. We could of arrived to find the army of the light had taken a small continent (say broken isle size?) and had begun restoration efforts while also defending it. Imagine EPL type thing.

I wouldn't mind a Argus expansion, but not following legion, either one or the other.
    Again, it wouldn't be possible for a continent to survive since all the lifeforce was being drained from within to grow the titan soul faster.
    Mac'Aree only survived because it was no longer part of Argus.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Oh god no...

There just isnt enough of Argus left that isn't corrupted to make a full expansion. Added to that, the majority are a bit fed up of the fel/demon theme that's been running since the last patch of WoD.

Argus may be couldve ran for 1 more patch but dont think theres a full expansion there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I agree with you, but Outland disagrees with the bold part
    True but even Outland had more crumbling rock left than Argus.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Again, it wouldn't be possible for a continent to survive since all the lifeforce was being drained from within to grow the titan soul faster.
    Mac'Aree only survived because it was no longer part of Argus.
    But we found that out during legion correct?

As in, it was in the lore for legion.

What I meant earlier was either give us the legion expansion or give us the Argus expansion, if we had an Argus based expansion it could of been doable as it would of been written differently - potentially

No. Expansions need a tonal change. There was already a lot of similarity between WoD and Legion. Moving forward with yet more of the same would have been too much. While they haven't hooked me with BfA yet, I'm glad that the moved the story in a different direction, and that they've managed to alter the tone of the game along the way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    But we found that out during legion correct?

As in, it was in the lore for legion.

What I meant earlier was either give us the legion expansion or give us the Argus expansion, if we had an Argus based expansion it could of been doable as it would of been written differently - potentially
    Seeing how fast they destroy places on Azeroth to fit their needs it would make no sense for them to leave parts of nature on their planet, especially after possibly tens of thousands of years. Other than Mac'Aree which makes sense to let the Eredar keep.

The Argus example is also not at all similar to what people mention happened to Northrend which was just icy before Wrath, since that continent wasn't under the influence of an outside factor as much so it was easier to create a natural diversity.

Also, if it was an expansion, other than possibly the Army of Light there would be very few safe hubs and factions. (all would be eredar based, and outside of 2-3 separate groups surviving in a similar manner, it would end up being mostly copy-paste)
    Last edited by Shadochi; 2017-12-06 at 01:03 PM.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I am sorry but I don't think a cracked, crumbling planet could fill a content list for a whole expansion. So many people had hoped for paradise but forgotten the fact that the Legion has been milking the planet for centuries. It would just be another husk and I have my doubt broken would've joined the Horde anyways as they start recognizing friends and lost ones among the arriving Alliance.
    Have you heard of the Garlean empire in Final Fantasy? They are sorta Legionesque in their approach. Garleans, in spite of their world domination philosophy, had a base which was remarkably rich in architecture and technology.

Consider the Sith Empire also as an example. Drommund Kaas and Kaas city - the bastion of Sith empire was brilliantly build. Being evil doesn't mean that they can't be organized.

Argus is the Legion base. It is their adopted home planet. Tons of potential to display Legion architecture - full blown Legion cities with Demonic Lords ruling over slaves from various worlds they captured.

There can be story arcs about freeing these slaves - new races; traveling through portals to their planets and emancipating their people.

The current version of Argus is very disappointing. It doesn't look like a Legion HQ - more like a Legion base camp. So much potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    Have you heard of the Garlean empire in Final Fantasy? They are sorta Legionesque in their approach. Garleans, in spite of their world domination philosophy, had a base which was remarkably rich in architecture and technology.

Consider the Sith Empire also as an example. Drommund Kaas and Kaas city - the bastion of Sith empire was brilliantly build. Being evil doesn't mean that they can't be organized.

Argus is the Legion base. It is their adopted home planet. Tons of potential to display Legion architecture - full blown Legion cities with Demonic Lords ruling over slaves from various worlds they captured.

There can be story arcs about freeing these slaves - new races; traveling through portals to their planets and emancipating their people.

The current version of Argus is very disappointing. It doesn't look like a Legion HQ - more like a Legion base camp. So much potential.
    The Argus we were displayed WAS an active Legion base but now fueled as a tool, nothing more. And you are right about potential but I was looking at the current view and how Argus is basically treated in-game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would have quite liked that:

Demon infested military area (Antoran wastes)
    Warzone with the Armies of Light and Legion (Krokuun)
    Almost untouched Draenei area on floating isles (Mac'Aree)
    Underground/Catacombs inhabited by surviving residents of Argus
    High altitude area covered in snow
    Very broken up area that is slowly slipping into the Nether
    Bubbling swamp with large leafy trees

There are a lot of potential zone ideas, and many antagonist ideas that do not revolve around Demons:
    The Ethereal
    Void creatures
    Previous inhabitants (for example, broken/forgotten Draenei that hate anyone not themselves to keep them safe from any fel influence)
    Argus' own defense creatures/constructs
    Rogue Army of Light factions

Saying that they wouldn't due to a 'limited scope' is lazy af.
    RETH

Well Mac'Aree, "Jewel of Argus" should have been more than this 1000m² bland surface with 10 one-room-houses and 2 temples... Especially when you can see everything that seems to remain intact in the background

I don't know if I would accept a complete Argus xpac. Well, at least not like that. Argus is currently boring because it was especially designed to be boring without flying, maybe as a complete huge zone it would've been acceptable.

For people complaining about Legion and the overdose of Fel influence : Argus could've been in 3 different-themed areas. Wastelands > Fel, Kro'kuun > Draenei (what remains of it), Mac'aree > Draenei/Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is it would be ANOTHER demon expansion right after a demon expansion.

Nopenopenope. I'm COMPLETELY sick of Legion and Fel. Argus is already boring anyways. A whole expansion of it would be lame af.

No I'm done with other planets and the fel/sci-fi theme... Back to S&S will be good for WoWs health.

I agree with you. I expected giant fortresses, garrisons of demons and an environment that is extremely large, barren and void of any life. Even Niskarra or Mardum felt a lot more immersive than the Argus we've got, which is why I wouldn't mind having an entire expansion based on it.

Legion itself should have been based on Argus, without any mention of the Broken Isles whatsoever. Azeroth's forces should've been going for Argus right after Archimonde's defeat. Pieces of the expansion would take form on Azeroth, whereas others would take place on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post

I do think Argus looks like a turd. And no, justifying it as the 25k years' old fel corruption does not cut it. Even if you say that Legion is all about destruction, not building cities, blablabla. Illidan in his novel did see Kil'jaeden on Argus in some palace city. Where is that palace city in 7.3? A completely wasted opportunity - forever...

And destruction CAN and IS beautiful in WoW.
    You are aware that Sargaras and Kil'Jaeden were both quite fond of using deceptive visuals/illusions to create a false sense of the promises he was making right? That maybe, just maybe he was showing something grand to cover up the reality?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

They say people are sick of orcs and demons, when the truth is people sick of ELVES������
    and ofc Argus shouldv been an expansion.

I do think that Argus was just a huge let down. Years of hype for really not much.... Nothing big lore wise really, no big setbacks; it just didn't seem like an actual challenge to finally defeat them. Just a clubhouse for the incompetent bad guys.

Army of the light, a group of people of all races? Nope, just some draenei led by captain human potential that also just run around getting blown up and shit. No horde or alliance presence. Just maybe 15 people, that ....make sure the ship stays tidy? Idk, most of them were just there.

The planet should have been just crawling with demons, us having to fight tooth and nail just to gain any ground there, having the army of the light actually do something other than be glowy cheerleaders. Have the people on the ship do like, something, anything. Velen goes out on a walkabout, Turalyon goes after him. Alleria gets voided up. I don't recall any of them doing much else.

The major characters should have actually been there engaged in at least some of the fights.

The seige of Antorus should have been an actual seige, after a good prepatch type (think sunwell) thing of beating against the door, gathering resources, gaining a little ground with the army of the light (as we were told it was, not just draenei), the armies of the horde/alliance and then finally kick down the FRONT door (not the rat hole we had to go through) only to be completely swarmed by the "endless demons" and battle our way though.

Instead we got: a few heros sneak in the backdoor, take out a couple no-names, have the spaceship "move a little" in a few cutscenes...maybe it fires a lazer once or twice. Watch lightbound draenei still just run around, not really doing anything. Get to the "almost" big bad, take him out, the dream team shows up with the getaway car, and we fly away. the end.

The only redeeming thing was the sword and maybe the few lines that Varithimas says.

So I'm a bit conflicted, I think it should have been at least fleshed out WAY more. But at the same time I am getting really sick of all these demons and green. (so in a way glad its finally over)
    Last edited by Moonstream; 2018-07-02 at 10:26 PM.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.