Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Even so, it makes our artifact ability just another chi spender, it doesn't really do anything special or interact with your other abilities. Pretty boooring.
    If that is the case then most artifact abilities to you most be boring and nothing special. I started to list them and show how that is but realized I would list the majority of the artifact abilities available in the game.

Also, it does interact with our other abilities. It helps with ToD dot and hit combo uptime for instance. It's also worthy enough to play around timings to fit it in SeF or Serenity (as long s you don't wait too long) and can be useful due to the slow effect. Finally, we have a pretty damn good leggo and tier set that makes it even powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by dhays View Post
    If that is the case then most artifact abilities to you most be boring and nothing special. I started to list them and show how that is but realized I would list the majority of the artifact abilities available in the game.

Also, it does interact with our other abilities. It helps with ToD dot and hit combo uptime for instance. It's also worthy enough to play around timings to fit it in SeF or Serenity (as long s you don't wait too long) and can be useful due to the slow effect. Finally, we have a pretty damn good leggo and tier set that makes it even powerful.
    None of the top guilds are using WW-monks in the race the same way they are using rogues or warriors, they are far less prominent in current and past raid tiers.

There must be something missing. Or it just comes down to perception, idk.

None of the top guilds are using WW-monks in the race the same way they are using rogues or warriors, they are far less prominent in current and past raid tiers.

There must be something missing. Or it just comes down to perception, idk.
    That is a completely different subject than artifact ability and is an overall spec issue and even then it could just be a perception issue (which is my gut feeling). I've never been a part of bleeding edge Mythic Guilds just standard Mythic Raiding guilds and not being a Rogue or Warrior has ever hindered me. Even then Xes was part of the US First KJ kill where as no Shaman DPS, no Feral DPS, no Outlaw Rogue, no Fury Warrior, no Ret Pally, no Arcane/Frost Mage etc.

There is a huge difference between being viable class for mythic raiding and viable class for bleeding edge top tier 0.01% raider. Other than the odd fight WW is in a good spot right now for Mythic raiding. I just recently got T21 and right now it feels like I'm bringing the hammer. While I may not have the CD's to soak stuff I do have the maneuverability and slight raid utility (movement speed buff is huge on some fights) to where I can hold my own with the other classes.

As to why we haven't seen a lot in Antorus, I honestly feel it is combination of us not being as strong in T20 and the affects of the Netherlight Crucible. This added a good size grind for a lot of players to reach 75 before Antorus opened. While top guilds (lets say top200 idk) will have everyone with a couple characters get to 75 traits most people don't have that time so they will go with what they perceive as strong whether or not it actually is.

Right now WW is not at the top but are near it. Could it change in a couple weeks after more people get trinkets, more tier and other items? Maybe but it also might not. It also does not help that Antorus seems to favor range A LOT more than melee on several fights if not most fights compared to past raids this expansion. Hell, right now on Mythic Coven a guild used ZERO melee. I would say a lot of it is more of a fight designs than class issue.

Deleted
    Why WDP is sim-ing lower than Serenity? Is it possible simc to be behind or something? Even wowprogress likes more Serenity as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Orionmnt View Post
    Is it possible simc to be behind or something?
    Yes, it's very very VERY possible for a sim script to be out of date or just made by incompetent person. Spec scripts (rotations too) are very different. Some specs can have people working on it that put a lot of effort and knowledge into it, but others are literally unusable.

Even so, it makes our artifact ability just another chi spender, it doesn't really do anything special or interact with your other abilities. Pretty boooring.
    Boring ? Maybe. Annoying ? Hell no. There are a lot of artifact spell I'd trade with it.

Deleted
    "Just" another Chi spender makes the class flow properly, especially with the new set.
    Imagine not having it now. Imagine not having it in general. It really fleshes out the kit aswell: a couple of good fashioned nicely thrown punches.

The only thing I'd ask to SotW is to be cast without a target needed. Then again I'd want it for SCK aswell, as it was.

Sorry i couldnt find the information in the guides.

Does the T21 4PC change the rotation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Sorry i couldnt find the information in the guides.

Does the T21 4PC change the rotation ?
    WW doesn't have a rotation. It has a priority with the constraint of not pressing the same thing twice.

The set bonus just gives you some more Chi to work with.

I'd imagine you consume the blackout kick! buff before using SotW though ? (with helm)

is there somewhere i can read up in depth about blackout kick! like how does it affect rotation , should i or not use it before sotw should, when is it worth to use it as a chi builder with 2pct21 than tiger palm, etc ... (for example, should i use the proc if i'm 2 chi away from being able to use fof or should i potentialy waste a proc, use tiger palm and then fof ?)

I'm getting confused with all of that and i could not find a guide that is covering the T21 in depth

Also, there is a rotation video on the peak of serenity website that prioritize sotw over fof, is this video out of date ?

Thanks.

Edit : Also, i have a vague idea but strugle to understand why our hardest hitting ability (sotw) comes last in the rotation ?
    Last edited by Ezyah; 2017-12-23 at 03:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    omg i hope its properly fixed now

Deleted
    So they fixed the SEF using the 2 charged finally, now if they decide to fix the clones using properly all the skills...
    SEF is so strong but seeing 1 clone using CJL/fof and the other afk-ing makes me really angry...

So they fixed the SEF using the 2 charged finally, now if they decide to fix the clones using properly all the skills...
    SEF is so strong but seeing 1 clone using CJL/fof and the other afk-ing makes me really angry...
    Yeah this is the nr. 1 problem with WW atm. Can't think of any other classes that have to deal with this sort of frustration.

Deleted
    A talk with the top 3 mythic raiding WW from my guild:
    me: you use the chest CJL with SEF or outside too?
    him: with, of course!
    me tries it on first occasion to see 2 clones afking while I cast CJL ...

Deleted
    Is there any way to make a workaround for the afk clone bug?

Do you still need to use a skill after summoning clones so they benefit from mastery or will they get it right off the bat?

15+ Year Old Account
    Question about a couple items: in the BiS compilations I've seen both Belt of Fractured Sanity and Vicious Flamepaws are listed. Thus, why not Portal Keeper's Cincture and Life-Bearing Footpads? Stats balance?
    I ask this because it seems Mastery and Crit are the best stats, so why should we not take items that have both when possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Question about a couple items: in the BiS compilations I've seen both Belt of Fractured Sanity and Vicious Flamepaws are listed. Thus, why not Portal Keeper's Cincture and Life-Bearing Footpads? Stats balance?
    I ask this because it seems Mastery and Crit are the best stats, so why should we not take items that have both when possible?
    As you get more of one stat, getting additional points in that stat becomes less beneficial, and getting more in other stats becomes more beneficial. Its statistical diminishing returns. The "BiS" lists that most people present are based on the highest simming gear combination, not any stat weights or priority.

I talk about how stat weights and priorities can change as your gear changes on Peak: http://www.peakofserenity.com/2017/1...d-you-round-2/
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch