5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    NH actually opened a week after 7.1.5 released. ToV opened in 7.1
    Karazhan opened in 7.1 too, didn't it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia Feldaughter View Post
    Karazhan opened in 7.1 too, didn't it?
    Yes, but I think the person I was replying to was only talking about raids.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You are right. Well my teachers always told me I was far too prudent, that's why I did not stay in auditing.

Oh 10 year member today!
    Noooice!

But yeah, I can imagine that they would probably give the allied races as a pre-order thing. Gotta make all that cash for certain, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Preorder for BfA is definitely planned to open during 7.3.5. There's more stuff other than allied races pointing towards that. Question is when during 7.3.5.
    Oh that would great if they did that...
    Wonder if they will show off the in-game goodies too so I know whenever to buy a digital deluxe or a regular digital...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You are right. Well my teachers always told me I was far too prudent, that's why I did not stay in auditing.

Oh 10 year member today!
    Congrats man....
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If someone already did (or doesn't care about) M+ 15 and have explored all of the zones years ago, that leaves only Mage Tower from your list. It is pretty easy to imagine that not everybody is into doing that on every char (what? why? seeing each encounter is already overkill and there are only four or five of them, forgot the exact number - plus you obviously can see them after).

This drought is about the same as previous ones, really (in fact it is worse, but I won't belabor it now).
    To each his own I guess. What is considered a "drought" is definitely a really subjective experience in Legion, more so than before.
    I do a bit of raiding but mostly just stick to my guilds HC farms runs. Have no plans on doing the mage tower other than my main.

But what will shorten the drought for me is the 7.3.5 content since it has stuff that I like.
    Not counting what isn't confirmed (allied races, silithus brawl): Story narrative (quests and scenarios), Battleground, Level Scaling (I've been waiting for this for almost a year to start working on my horde characters). (also the Postmaster stuff seems fun, and I like the reward)
    Ulduar TW is ok tho I don't see it as something I'll do every time Wrath TW event comes around.
    And also seems like Silithus might become a pass-time hub with possibly World Quests, so that'll break up the monotony of the 2 Black/Green/Gray Argus zones.

All-in-all for me the drought will be less than a year as long as the Pre patch drops before the end of 2018, and the way I look at it is that if it's less than 3-4 months between patches/content drops it's not even a drought (my personal acceptable time). For other people that care only about raids I see how it could be another year long drought like in almost every expansion.

Deleted
    I knew that I have seen one of Void Elf male hairstyles before, but I could not place it. Until now. http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/up...-1-800x800.jpg

Wanna know what really sucks about wow:warcraft 4? We are gonna start with "oh no no enemy lets kill each other" Then we will go "oh wait old gods and nagas are here t-t-truce lol"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Wanna know what really sucks about wow:warcraft 4? We are gonna start with "oh no no enemy lets kill each other" Then we will go "oh wait old gods and nagas are here t-t-truce lol"
    Theme diversity doesn't suck IMO. Also, isn't that also what happened in Battle for Mount Hyjal in Warcraft 3? Also what happened in the best expac (MoP).

Theme diversity doesn't suck IMO. Also, isn't that also what happened in Battle for Mount Hyjal in Warcraft 3? Also what happened in the best expac (MoP).
    Its what has happened in every expansion.

Hence why it is extremely tiresome at this point.

He is referring to the illogical twists of lore which are feeling forced like usual. It sucked in all things you mentioned and it is going to suck again. (That said, I don't even count that as a con anymore, I just don't care and I'd say nobody at large does.)

yes its almost like the factions have legitimate reasons to engage in military conflict (Sylvannas wanting to destroy all life, orc occupation of Ashenvale, continued hostilities between the silvercovenant and sunreavers, ect) but are wise enough to stop killing people who need to be killed (Sylvannas) when something that threatens to destroy the entire world, happens.

The only thing Unrealistic about it is based on the real world world threatning crisis isnt enough to actually band factions together (making the Warcraft factions FAR more reasonable and peaceful than the various countries and groups in real life)

- - - Updated - - -

He is referring to the illogical twists of lore which are feeling forced like usual. It sucked in all things you mentioned and it is going to suck again. (That said, I don't even count that as a con anymore, I just don't care and I'd say nobody at large does.)
    it doesnt feel forced if you pay attention to logic

(i.e. "i'll save avenging my father till AFTER we kill this dragon thats going to kill everyone"-Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride 2: You Killed My Timeline,Prepare to Die")
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    yes its almost like the factions have legitimate reasons to engage in military conflict (Sylvannas wanting to destroy all life, orc occupation of Ashenvale, continued hostilities between the silvercovenant and sunreavers, ect) but are wise enough to stop killing people who need to be killed (Sylvannas) when something that threatens to destroy the entire world, happens.

The only thing Unrealistic about it is based on the real world world threatning crisis isnt enough to actually band factions together (making the Warcraft factions FAR more reasonable and peaceful than the various countries and groups in real life)
    unrealistic doesnt apply to Warcraft homever.

They could still fight each other while fighting a common enemy, after all they are strong because of the conflict with each other not because they band together.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Preorder for BfA is definitely planned to open during 7.3.5. There's more stuff other than allied races pointing towards that. Question is when during 7.3.5.
    This. Probably not on Day 1 or even Month 1.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    it doesnt feel forced if you pay attention to logic

(i.e. "i'll save avenging my father till AFTER we kill this dragon thats going to kill everyone"-Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride 2: You Killed My Timeline,Prepare to Die")
    This can maybe work once, not five times in a row.

6 times in a row so far, not five.

- - - Updated - - -

1-2.5 months after 7.3.5 is my guess.

So are the bad guys trying to destroy the world every expansion.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    Its what has happened in every expansion.

It's just how the Warcraft world has always functioned, and based on that it makes perfect sense.

Illogical in a real world setting doesn't mean illogical in a fantasy setting. It's not that uncommon or illogical in magical high-fantasy (and SciFi i guess, tho I don't have as much knowledge on that topic) settings for rivaling factions to unite against a common enemy that would otherwise decimate them both (doesn't have to be world ending, but can be) and after the threat is done they go back to waging war against each other.

In the Warcraft universe it's a bit different because the worldbuilding is rather small, as with most stuff that starts off as a video game. So like in most games the rivaling factions boil down to just a handful, meaning that pretty much every time you'll have same factions uniting against a common threat.

Reason why the logic fails in the real world is because it's not fiction. There isn't a world ending threat every 2 years so the different "factions" have time to finish their war in one go. Tho there are many ceasefires recorder throughout history where war has stopped for a short time and then resumed.

Sources: Years of reading fantasy literature and years of worldbuilding experience (Both D&D and non-D&D related).

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    So are the bad guys trying to destroy the world every expansion.
    They could absolutely make the plot both long / interesting and believable, by the way - one way to do this would be having much smaller and more internal conflicts. An expansion about dwarves fighting for the throne, another expansion about digging things out of caves all over the place, next expansion about zandalari trolls appearing and wanting their place in the world (nothing big, just troll rivalry, mostly within the Horde). It would help if they did away with factions in the beginning (ie, by allowing players to freely associate with either A or H), that way there would be no need to keep the symmetry. Etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's continuously happening because they can't get enough time to finish the war. The great enemy will always strike them while they are at war, when they're weaker.

Illogical in a real world setting doesn't mean illogical in a fantasy setting. ... Reason why the logic fails in the real world is because it's not fiction.
    Nah, that's not it. There's good (eg, believable) fiction and bad fiction. WoW lore is pretty terrible fiction. It didn't have to be that way either, it could have been much better in tons of respects if Blizzard writers had more talent.