Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I know about Affleck. But why should he be THERE. He's litterally on the same row as Hillary Clinton. The picture is stupid because by including people out of place on it, like Ben Affleck to complete the picture, it undermines itself. It makes no point.

And this is your defect. This isn't a left/right issue and if you think it is, you're sick. _ALL_ sexual predators should pay the price. One strike and your out. The very first thign I said about Franken was "he must resign". I said that about everybody. And that includes Trump.

Are we a country of high standards or low standards? A country of high standards does not tolerate predatory malefactors just because one side of the political spectrum likes a person. They all burn together. Trump, Franken, Moore, Conyers. All of them.

But you know why that is not going to happen? Because people are weak and make excuses for people they like. Nancy Pelosi did that for Conyers before she was basically forced to undo it. So-Called Conservatives, intent on compromising their vaunted morality, did the same with Trump in 2016. If it comes out Trump had sex with a Russian minor and sex slave, or something, you people going to make an exception then too?

Shoddy people with shoddy standards enable these Predators a reprieve they don't deserve. It's as simple as that. _Nobody_ is irreplaceable. Not Conyers. Not Franken. Not Trump. Nobody. And those who betray and fail don't get second, third or fourth chances.

And in Al Franken's case, at least sixth and counting.

So ask yourself, are you a shoddy person Soulslaver? Are any of you people here? It's easy to be a good guy when everybody on the other side is doing shameful things. It's quite a bit harder when it's people on your side.

I would love Al Franken to cast an impeachment vote against Trump. But an impeachment vote of his, so tainted by his conduct, is not a vote worth having. He's worthless, he failed the public trust, and it's time for him to face the consequences of that. And they are severe (the end of his political career). There is another Democrat who could be in that seat who could do what he can without the taint.
    In the least surprising news of the day, this shitstain's transgressions are made public...

https://nypost.com/2017/12/01/congre...rassment-suit/

Texas Rep. Blake Farenthold settled a sexual harassment claim leveled against him by his former spokeswoman using taxpayer funds, according to a report.

Lauren Greene, who worked as the GOP congressman’s communications director for 18 months, sued Farenthold in December 2014 over allegations of sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment, Politico reported Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    In the least surprising news of the day, this shitstain's transgressions are made public...

Texas Rep. Blake Farenthold settled a sexual harassment claim leveled against him by his former spokeswoman using taxpayer funds, according to a report.

Lauren Greene, who worked as the GOP congressman’s communications director for 18 months, sued Farenthold in December 2014 over allegations of sexual harassment and creating a hostile work environment, Politico reported Friday.

So not only does he "joke" about pistol duels with "northeastern women" (who knew Alaska was in the Northeast of the US!), but he's also using taxpayer money to pay off women he harassed.

I'm shocked. So shocked. Look at my shocked face : |

This should be illegal. His own money can pay off the women he harasses. Whatever happened to "personal responsibility"?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post

LAMO, a onesie!

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    So took a couple weeks but sounds like Franken is out tomorrow

11 female Democratic senators have already come out against him

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    So took a couple weeks but sounds like Franken is out tomorrow

11 female Democratic senators have already come out against him
    End of day even... But hey the GOP is throwing money at Roy Moore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is indeed the case, it'll be interesting who they pick as his replacement. Tom Perez has been looking for an excuse to dump Keith Ellison and getting him in the senate would probably be a solution that both Perez and Ellison would agree to, though I'm not sure the Democrats would want someone that progressive in a position that high up. He'd give Bernie another backer very early on so maybe they'd rather be safer with Tina Smith the Lt. Governor, someone I'm not sure would be able to win reelection though.

Also...I'm not sure the Democrats would have the guts to put the first Muslim senator into office right now with Jerusalem hanging over the world. It'll be an interesting choice to make.

Edit: Yea nvm it's almost certainly going to be a woman as a response. AG Lori Swanson, Lt. Gov. Tina Smith, Former Lt. Gov. Yvonne Prettner Solon...right now I'd be betting on Swanson since she's won statewide office and won fairly convincingly
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2017-12-06 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    Al Franken seems to have two options resign or swap parties

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Yea, I don’t think putting a racist into the senate would help Democrats. Ellison is an anti-Semite and black nationalist. People conveniently forget that when they try to call the GOP a party of bigots.
    Well it's probably going to be Lori Swanson anyway so it isn't a bridge the Dems are going to have to cross
    Last edited by Seiklis; 2017-12-06 at 07:32 PM.

I don't get why he has to leave because the allegations didn't seem that major but I find it amusing the democrats are being forced to have top members resign by their own crusade they started.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I find it amusing the democrats are being forced to have top members resign by their own crusade they started.
    What you should be asking yourself is why the Republicans aren't.

I don’t think he should resign. These are unproven allegations he’s denied and continues to do so, specifically the latest. If he’s innocent, what kind of precedent does this set? If people think this is going to carry over to Trump, they’re idiots. All allegations against Trump were highly publicized before the election, and he still won.
    Contrary to what Trump says winning doesn't absolve you of crimes, Trump is still under investigation and is being actively sued for sexual assault. Just because the republican party welcomes pedophiles, "alleged" sexual assaulters / rapist doesn't mean the democrats have to stoop that low.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think he should resign. These are unproven allegations he’s denied and continues to do so, specifically the latest. If he’s innocent, what kind of precedent does this set? If people think this is going to carry over to Trump, they’re idiots. All allegations against Trump were highly publicized before the election, and he still won.
    The needle has moved though. Had the allegations happened today I'm not sure he'd be able to hand wave them quite as easily. Though that said I think the fact Trump is President is why this climate has changed.

The Dems were a bit slow on the draw but they've managed to chase out two of three members of the legislature who have been accused, (maybe 4 depending on Menendez but they were trying to chase him out already, were just waiting for Murphy to take office.)

The Republicans have not really chased anyone other than the abortion Rep in PA and the sexting Rep in Texas. They still have Farenthold who we know paid a women off as one of the reps who used the sexual harassment hush fund (Conyers being the other one we know about) and possibly Moore next week. That's not even to talk about the accusations Trump has on him.

The Dems are trying to go for the moral high ground on this before '18 and while it could backfire if there is a widespread problem within their party, I think the accusations could take a toll on both sides. It's just a matter who seeing how deep the rabbit hole this goes.

BREAKING: Al Franken will resign tomorrow https://t.co/8A1j7p9Y06
    https://twitter.com/MPRnews/status/938525868141568001

Well too many accusations. I'm glad he stepped aside.

As I stated he can try in 2020 and see if us Minnesotans vote for him.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Good, about time. He held on for way to long with what was building up. He can go protest his innocence if he wants now, but his credibility as a Senator was undercut far to much.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

How many was it up to?

Just FYI. MPRNEWS has backed off their statement of Franken resigning atm.

After MPR News reported the planned resignation, a tweet from Franken’s official account said it was “not accurate.”

“No final decision has been made and the senator is still talking with his family,” the tweet read https://t.co/8A1j7p9Y06
    No final decision yet but I'm betting he will resign.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How many was it up to?
    Three, but he openly admitted and apologized for the first two. He denied the new one.

Personally, I'm disappointed he didn't say "I'll resign the minute Roy Moore loses the election. If he's allowed to run under the endorsement of a major political party and win, then clearly, I'm allowed to stay and let my voters decide." Yeah, might not have been the best way to go, but man, that'd have been amazing.

He should of quit immedietly, 3 weeks ago, when I said he should have.

(1) There is _NEVER_ just one incident.

(2) Ethical and moral standards and the general principle of quality control should enforce a one-strike-and-you're-out policy for any kind of misbehavior.

(3) It is EASY to to against people you don't like, and HARD to go against people you do like, and while I'm no Franken fan, I hope liberals just take this mild lesson to heart. The next time a liberal commits wrongdoing, chop off their head. It is the best way to seperate themselves from the Republican Party, evidently the party of Pedopholia, Perversions and Putin.

Now, with him resigning, it is important to note that Mitch McConnell say he should resign too. Which means that if he doesn't see to it that likely future Senator Roy Moore (puke) is removed, he gets toe at his own words on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He should of quit immedietly, 3 weeks ago, when I said he should have.

(1) There is _NEVER_ just one incident.

(2) Ethical and moral standards and the general principle of quality control should enforce a one-strike-and-you're-out policy for any kind of misbehavior.

(3) It is EASY to to against people you don't like, and HARD to go against people you do like, and while I'm no Franken fan, I hope liberals just take this mild lesson to heart. The next time a liberal commits wrongdoing, chop off their head. It is the best way to seperate themselves from the Republican Party, evidently the party of Pedopholia, Perversions and Putin.

Now, with him resigning, it is important to note that Mitch McConnell say he should resign too. Which means that if he doesn't see to it that likely future Senator Roy Moore (puke) is removed, he gets toe at his own words on this.
    I said the same in this thread way back. He is my Senator and should resign. He will be replaced by a Democrat and we will see see in midterm.

If by 2020 if Franken thinks he can run then he should run. I'll be honest I don't the procedure or law on running after resigning.

I said the same in this thread way back. He is my Senator and should resign. He will be replaced by a Democrat and we will see see in midterm.

If by 2020 if Franken thinks he can run then he should run. I'll be honest I don't the procedure or law on running after resigning.
    Oh yeah I'm just saying in general, not with regards to your position on it.