Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Really only the republicans approve of Trump tax plan. Independents and democrats disapprove of it by a vast majority.

Over all only 29% of the public approves of the tax bill.

Source

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Really only the republicans approve of Trump tax plan. Independents and democrats disapprove of it by a vast majority.

Over all only 29% of the public approves of the tax bill.

Source
    But that 29% are the "real Americans" ( -@Ransath ), and that's all that matters. The other 71% are just illegal alien, cuwck libturds and they don't count.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    What exactly has Trump done for coal?
    He let them dump sludge directly into drinking water and run mines without safety regulations, in exchange for which, coal will somehow magically become clean and widely popular and economically sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    With the great vote on Cutting Taxes, this could be a big day for the Stock Market - and YOU!
    4:03 AM - 4 Dec 2017

OOPS.....

Day 1

.2% gain on dow

1% loss on nasdaq

.1% loss on sp 500

.2% on russell 2000

Day two of the tax plan passage

-.5% dow
    -.4% SP500
    -2% Nasdaq
    -1.2% Russell 2000

hmm, things are looking great after the tax plan passed senate....lol

Day 3

Dow -.2%
    SP500 -.1%
    Nasdaq- +.2%
    Russell 2000 -.4%

Things are really zooming!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In case you were wondering if the tax cut for the rich would put coal in your stocking...the answer is literally no.

CEO says late changes to Senate tax-cut bill ‘wipes out' what Trump has done for coal
    Bob Murray claims some government policy or another is going to wipe out his company ever few weeks. It is literally his go to answer for any policy he doesn't like. He threatens to fire all of his workers as a way of blackmailing policy makers into doing what he wants. In August he said it because he wanted an emergency order to prevent coal fired plants from shutting down. He said it in 2012 when Obama was relelected He has said it about global warming (Sorry, all the links I found were broken), and he even claimed that when John Oliver attacked him, it might LITERALLY kill him

So I wouldn't take his claims very seriously, Murray energy has dropped several business deals of $1 Billion plus in the last 10 years, 60 mil a year isn't going to wipe him out.

must be everyone investing in bitcoin instead!

10+ Year Old Account
    After having rejected amongst many tantrums thrown, 21%.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Bob Murray claims some government policy or another is going to wipe out his company ever few weeks. It is literally his go to answer for any policy he doesn't like. He threatens to fire all of his workers as a way of blackmailing policy makers into doing what he wants. In August he said it because he wanted an emergency order to prevent coal fired plants from shutting down. He said it in 2012 when Obama was relelected He has said it about global warming (Sorry, all the links I found were broken), and he even claimed that when John Oliver attacked him, it might LITERALLY kill him

So I wouldn't take his claims very seriously, Murray energy has dropped several business deals of $1 Billion plus in the last 10 years, 60 mil a year isn't going to wipe him out.
    Anytime I see him I just want to get a crowd chanting SONTAR HA! Dude looks like a freaking Sontarran.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the GOP House and Senate try to repair the folly of rushing a bill through with handwritten scribbles at 1AM -- yes, they messed up the corporate AMT -- let's take a look at public opinion of the tax cut for the rich.

"Stop calling it that!"

I don't have to. Everyone else is.

The CBS poll on the subject asked a few major questions. For one, here's some results they got about who will be helped:

"Hey, the majority say it will help them! That's great news!"

That's Republicans only. The slimmest majority of Republicans, think it will help them. Here's everyone:

Less than one in four. However, everyone agrees it will help the rich, and corporations. That's not in dispute. So, yeah. public consensus is that this is a tax cut for the rich.

"But you still have to add the 'Jobs' at the end! Like when Trump tweets! JOBS!"

Again, nobody believes that.

"Okay, wait, wait. These are just random-ass people, right? Surely they only oppose the tax cut for the ri--dammit! The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act because they don't know what's in it, like Trump tweeted!"

Again...no. And I can prove it.

First: we all know the relationship between Trump voters and education level is inverse. That's old election news, but it's no less true today. One would believe that educated people, therefore, have a better understanding, and since they're far more likely to be Democrats or Indy, that pushes the "I know what's in it" favorable rating down.

Second: the CBS poll addresses that exactly.

Fewer than half of Americans feel they have a good understanding of what they plan will do. Most – 56 percent - feel they haven't heard enough about it yet, however, of those who say they do have a good understanding, 56 percent strongly disapprove of the plan.
    Just so we're clear:

That 56% of well-informed voters is higher than the 53% overall who disapprove. The more you know about the tax cut for the rich, the more likely you are to disapprove of it.

Third: most (60%) Republicans in the poll didn't think the tax cut for the rich will increase the deficit. This is the exact opposite of what every analysis so far, including the JCT itself, has said would be the case. The only exception is the Treasury, which has an analysis but refused to release it (see also: 5th Amendment). And, before you say "well it'll be balanced with cuts to SS, Medicare, and Medicaid" most Republicans don't believe that, either. So don't bother bringing up "educated" since the Republicans in the poll are objectively ill-informed on the topic.

And, yes, fourth: If we're talking about people understanding the bill, we must return to the top of this post: the Senate passed an AMT which makes zero to negative sense. They themselves passed it, without understanding it. That's why there's a snag. That's why, if the House can't find anything better to do and just goes with the Senate version so it passes, corporations will lose a bunch of deductions because the poorly-done AMT will make those ineffective. It's still their backup plan, it's just a worse one.

The tax cut for the rich is demonstrably unwelcome by the American people -- unless you don't know what's in it. And yet, it's going to pass.

Are we tired of winning yet?

Are we tired of winning yet?
    Have you considered jobs?

Jobs jobs jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Jobs jobs jobs.
    Jobs is dead, Apple may never be the same!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

If corporations and wealthy individuals wanted to use excess money to create jobs for the sake of creating jobs then they would already be doing it. If they wanted to start some new venture then guess what? They already have the money to do that too.

This line of reasoning has never made sense. At least most current CEOs are admitting they won't create jobs with tax cuts. Not sure who republicans think will?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    If corporations and wealthy individuals wanted to use excess money to create jobs for the sake of creating jobs then they would already be doing it. If they wanted to start some new venture then guess what? They already have the money to do that too.

This line of reasoning has never made sense. At least most current CEOs are admitting they won't create jobs with tax cuts. Not sure who republicans think will?
    The secret is, no one in office believes this nonsense. It's just what they tell people, to excuse their actions. Only reason they are pushing this through in the manor they are, is because their donors told them to.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Jobs jobs jobs.
    Yeah, it would be great if the GOP could focus on doing that, rather than giving tax breaks to Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    so is that poll assuming republicans aren't real americans and are some sort of seperate group? because it sure seems to imply that. where is the democrat chart?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so is that poll assuming republicans aren't real americans and are some sort of seperate group? because it sure seems to imply that. where is the democrat chart?
    I'm pretty sure the implication is that even Republicans think the Republican tax plan is a shit deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I wouldn't think we'd be lumping in people that support pedophiles and sexually assaulting women in with real Americans, but here we are...

10+ Year Old Account
    so is that poll assuming republicans aren't real americans and --
    Hahahahahahaha

(deep breath)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I cited what I thought was relevant, but I linked the poll. CBS has every single result posted. You chose not to look. You should have asked if I was assuming Republicans aren't real Americans, which -- by virtue of taking money and services of the poor to give to the rich, taking healthcare from the sick and old to give to the rich, threatening peace around the world with tweets and poorly-thought-out diplomacy without diplomats, choosing to ignore the rampant anti-net-neutrality bots so they can end net neutrality, choosing to handle "some people killed a lot of Americans with fully automatic weapons" with "so let's make it easier for MORE people to get guns!", working directly with Russia to smear a political opponent, obstructing justice of working with Russia to smear a political opponent, threatening the world itself by pumping coal sludge into drinking water to make more to burn and destroy the sky, endorsing a child rapist while demanding people like Franken resign with no sense of self-awareness or irony, and sometimes even supporting literal Nazis -- well, at what point is it less "assumption" and more "objective evidence"?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/07/this...ur-wallet.html

CNBC has a tool to help you figure out how the tax bill impacts you based on your state/income level.

I save a little bit in 2019, but by 2027 my tax bill goes up by more than I saved. I don't see how this is supposed to help me in the longterm at all, the amount saved is largely negligible. Meanwhile, the higher tax brackets save far more and keep those savings through 2027.

Sssweeeeettttttt. So much for helping the middle class : |