Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artoria View Post
    Good thing void elves skin color isn't a "normal fleshy color" it's a color that's a side effect of housing void powers.
    You're completely missing the point. Her model in game, the statue has a Blue skin color ok. The cinematic Sylvanas definitely has a different skin tone that resembles that of flesh. Or isn't atleast right out blue.

Literally no one has said you're a troll.
    Did... did you read the post he quoted?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Eh, I can stretch the shift from the old skin color to the BfA trailer skin color to something changing with Sylvanas. Stretching that to her being ALIVE again (literally never going to happen for marketing purposes alone if nothing else) is just ridiculous, though.
    Well, exactly, maybe not being alive, but really what i should've said is did something happen to her?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's obvious that Sylvanas is wearing a Tyrande skin suit after she burned down Teldrassil.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanz View Post
    You're completely missing the point. Her model in game, the statue has a Blue skin color ok. The cinematic Sylvanas definitely has a different skin tone that resembles that of flesh. Or isn't atleast right out blue.
    It's just a unique artistic interpretation. Lavender is not a "normal" skin color for anyone that's not a troll or a night elf.

Did... did you read the post he quoted?
    I actually didn't read the last part of it. I'll delete that.

Well, exactly, maybe not being alive, but really what i should've said is did something happen to her?
    Nothing we know about (yet?) - personally I think it's just to differentiate skin colors a bit. Draenei & Trolls being blue and Night Elves being purple/pink, Sylvanas got a skin color somewhere in between but more pale.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's just a unique artistic interpretation. Lavender is not a "normal" skin color for anyone that's not a troll or a night elf.

I actually didn't read the last part of it.

this is Lavender?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing we know about (yet?) - personally I think it's just to differentiate skin colors a bit. Draenei & Trolls being blue and Night Elves being purple/pink, Sylvanas got a skin color somewhere in between but more pale.
    It was just a striking difference. Plus its Sylvanas, so there's always some possibility of something changing within her, or some other story arc that comes to form.

Didn't she do a ritual to stop the rotting?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

this is Lavender?

- - - Updated - - -

It was just a striking difference. Plus its Sylvanas, so there's always some possibility of something changing within her, or some other story arc that comes to form.
    You understand how lighting works, yes? You picked a scene where a light is shining directly on her face. No shit her skin will be lighter.
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2017-12-06 at 07:25 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    You understand how lighting works, yes? You picked a scene where a light is shining directly on her face. No shit her skin will be lighter.
    So any time light is on her she's gonna magically go from Blue to a pale cream color? Real logical.

Different artstyles.

Dead people aren't blue. High/Blood elves have very similar skins to humans, so one would imagine their corpses would be pale gray, slightly purple maybe.

But a flat gray colour (ie, playable undead models) doesn't look great for a main character, so when the cartoony artstyle is used (Warcraft 3, WoW, Hearthstone, HotS...), they just paint her blue.

When the cinematic team had to make a realistic looking model for Sylvanas, they went for a more corpse-like skin colour.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Didn't she do a ritual to stop the rotting?
    This might account for part of it. Also maybe in the cinematic style animation the dark blue colour we've seen previously just looked too weird.

So any time light is on her she's gonna magically go from Blue to a pale cream color? Real logical.
    No. Like I said, it's a personal artistic interpretation on her skin color. It's not going from "Blue to pale cream" It's going from a very light purple to a pale-ish purple color.

You picked one scene when the light was shining directly on her face and going "oh hey skin is cream! look she must be alive!"
    Literally look at any scene without a light source shining on her and you'll see that her skin color is clearly not a "normal fleshy color" for an elf.
    Last edited by Zahlen; 2017-12-06 at 07:33 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Different artstyles.

Dead people aren't blue. High/Blood elves have very similar skins to humans, so one would imagine their corpses would be pale gray, slightly purple maybe.

But a flat gray colour (ie, playable undead models) doesn't look great for a main character, so when the cartoony artstyle is used (Warcraft 3, WoW, Hearthstone, HotS...), they just paint her blue.

When the cinematic team had to make a realistic looking model for Sylvanas, they went for a more corpse-like skin colour.
    Thats perfectly realistic, I saw the cinematic and the first thing that startled me was the change in her visuals, Different art styles is appropriate, it just left room for speculation because it is a pretty big change

Thats perfectly realistic, I saw the cinematic and the first thing that startled me was the change in her visuals, Different art styles is appropriate, it just left room for speculation because it is a pretty big change
    She's had bigger changes.

And the official art for BfA shows her just blue.

She died a high elf which has normal fleshy peach/white tone. Now she's purple-ish. No, she's not alive anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

this is Lavender?
    Yes... it is. Even grabbed the hex color codes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Dude, you might want to get your eyes checked. She is not a pale cream color in any part of that cinematic.

She's slowly reverting to her natural Night Elven form... Oh, wait.

It's a testament to Sylvanas' lame "hot elf" design that some people aren't even sure if she's actually dead or not. She looks more like some kind of "Dark Elf" or something that an undead corpse. But such is fantasy lore, I suppose.