Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm aware of what nightborne are. Blizz has never come out and outright explained whether allied races have to be subraces of the playable race they're acting as a counterpart to. We do know that any and all allied races will either be based on their counterpart's model or the model of an already existing playable race (.i.e. Nightborne model being based off the nelf skeleton afaik).
    I'm fairly certain in the last Q&A, Lore called them subraces on accident and Ion said that allied were not subraces, and they were different things. I don't remember the direct quote.

None of this is about fetishes and there are no "normal people" in the Warcraft Universe.
    You mean we're not supposed to all play lawful good human paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    I'm fairly certain in the last Q&A, Lore called them subraces on accident and Ion said that allied were not subraces, and they were different things. I don't remember the direct quote.
    That would only further my point

That would only further my point
    good, that was my intention.

Nightborne aren't a subrace of blood elves and neither are void elves to night elves.

Allied races are allied races, not subraces.
    Void elves are just reskinned blood elves! Nightborne are reskinned night elves. So yeah, subraces!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Fuck, no.

Sorry, but the last thing we need is more furries. Its shitty enough that the Alliance got 2 of them, the Horde was supposed to be the Furry and Fetish faction, the Alliance should have been the faction for normal people.
    Normal is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by NotFunny008 View Post
    Void elves are just reskinned blood elves! Nightborne are reskinned night elves. So yeah, subraces!
    Nightborne aren't reskinned night elves, they share the same skeleton/animations but possess a unique model.

Furbolgs can easily use the pandaren skeleton/animations as they're both bear races.

- - - Updated - - -

"These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that"
    -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Until Blizz adds a completely unrelated Allied Race, I’m going to assume they are all going to be related to one of the current playable races already. (This might just be for recognition sake on their part).

And I would put Furbolg as close enough to Pandaren visually to be added to the Alliance.

As far as the work involved in creating them, I believe they essentially have to create them from the ground up for their unique animations and skeletons. Nightborne and Zandalari are close to existing races but I believe they are unique enough they couldn’t use the similar animated Belves and Nelves.

So that part I wouldn’t consider a restriction on anything.

I've been wanting to play a furbolg since wc3, so this would honestly be a dream come true. Plus, they fit in perfectly with the alliance thematically.

If they ever do become playable their capital should be an updated Grizzlemaw.

10+ Year Old Account
    allied races are cheap reskins that instead of barber shop option blizz made them an entire race to do far less work and still count as new 'race'
    Furbolgs shouldn't be similar to pandas, and I always was puzzled why Furbolgs - the official 5th alliance race in warcraft RPG books that were released prior to wow - were never made playable in wow, they were literally the f8cking 5th alliance race, yet we got space goats and werewolfs who 'look cool' and still no Furbolgs or Ogres
    I'm always for Furbolgs and Ogres for alliance/horde, but i doubt they will ever get to be in game
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Not quite sure it'll ever happen, but I would love to play as a furbolg! They are probably the best candidate for being a pandaren allied race considering they're both ursine races and it probably wouldn't require more model work than the nightborne or Zandalari.

They could have a badass tribal Celtic aesthetic (in Irish mythology the ‘fir bolg’ were the fourth group of people to settle in Ireland) with tattoos and fur braids!

Need I say more!?
    They don't need to be a Pandaren Allied race.

Sharing the skeleton doesn't mean the parent race for that skeleton needs to recruit them. Pandaren can recruit Jinyu for the Alliance, no problem with Night Elves recruiting Furlbog, its the only way it'd happen. Pandaren have literally never ever had anything to do with them.

Brilliant idea! The furbolg are an actual allied race. We've seen a number of tribes (albeit small) join the Alliance. They have strong ties with the night elves and draenei. It's the perfect Alliance allied race. Also, Blizzard could have them use a modified pandaren skeleton. The only problem I see is with females, but that's not a major obstacle. But yeah, I'm all for playable furbolg.

Also, to the people that bring up "furries": sit down and read the lore. This has nothing to do with dumb fetishes.