Poll: What you would prefer?

Deleted

Alied variant of races vs Regular races

I have a feeling that some of the new Allied races may make their regular versions unpopular now. The reason is coolness in general. I realized that many Exodar Draenei may dissapear or stay only as Shaman (even right now majority of Draenei society are Shamans), Monks or DKs. I will stay as well becouse I don't like this whole Light theme in general.
    I may understand Night Elves, Blood Elves and Dark Iron Dwarves. Both Elves may don't feel like being replaced, becouse of different models and theme in general of new Elves in their faction. DIDwarfs in the other hand are just dark version of the current Dwarves that some may think they don't fill to their fantasy.
    But what abot the rest? For now I see no reason why Mulgore Tauren would be cooler then Highmountain one, or Zandalari Troll over Shadowspear? Those two regular races just feel that the only unique and cool think they can offer are class-set that Allied Races can't offer, or racial abilities. What you all think about it?
    Last edited by mmoc15d2f5c062; 2017-12-06 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I think u mean Darkspear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I think u mean Darkspear
    Oh yep, multilangauge gaming causes mistakes :x

I feel highmountain have been better portrayed than standard tauren. Their culture seems way richer, their tribes are more meaningful, the antlers are more impressive than horns.

There's no way for Darkspear to beat Zandalari. One is a small tribe of hunched trolls, the other is a rich powerful empire of straightback trolls.

As for the others... I see Dark Iron and Bronzebeard Dwarves as differente favors. I don't see one better than the other.

Same with the Draenei: both races are pretty much the same, except Lightforged glow golden.

As for the non-listed ones... I think Nightborne ended up more interesting than night elves, and blood elves are still way better than void elves.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Coolness? Lightforged are just pathetic and unnecessary excuse of a variety in already cool and well established race. Give their racials to the regular draenei and I'll forget that Lightforged is even a thing.

All the allied races > "parent" race. In a few cases (Trolls, Draenei) I have a hard time seeing anyone not agreeing

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    All the allied races > "parent" race. In a few cases (Trolls, Draenei) I have a hard time seeing anyone not agreeing
    Add Tauren on that list too. I don't see how anyone would play a regular Tauren over Highmountain.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I feel highmountain have been better portrayed than standard tauren. Their culture seems way richer, their tribes are more meaningful, the antlers are more impressive than horns.

There's no way for Darkspear to beat Zandalari. One is a small tribe of hunched trolls, the other is a rich powerful empire of straightback trolls.

As for the others... I see Dark Iron and Bronzebeard Dwarves as differente favors. I don't see one better than the other.

Same with the Draenei: both races are pretty much the same, except Lightforged glow golden.

As for the non-listed ones... I think Nightborne ended up more interesting than night elves, and blood elves are still way better than void elves.
    again draenei is a faction not a race, eredar is the race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turboface View Post
    Coolness? Lightforged are just pathetic and unnecessary excuse of a variety in already cool and well established race. Give their racials to the regular draenei and I'll forget that Lightforged is even a thing.
    regular eredar draenei you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Add Tauren on that list too. I don't see how anyone would play a regular Tauren over Highmountain.
    While I agree, I imagine some people are bothered by how big the horns are? *shrug*

The problem with Darkspear vs the Zandalari is the Zandalari have evolved in a more advanced society, which has changed them. Where the Darkspear are largely hunter-gatherers in a tribal format, the Zandalari have a giant city, and most likely an infrastructure. The Zandalari are a good example of an allied race done right, because they are so far removed from the Darkspear in general. Not to mention the fast evolution in Trolls as you can see from the many different types around Azeroth.

The Draenei on the other hand, vs the lightforged, are essentially the same outside of some kind of light ritual the Lightforged have gone through, same with Void Elves, they are just Blood Elves with better accents.

At the end of the day I still prefer Darkspear to the Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    The problem with Darkspear vs the Zandalari is the Zandalari have evolved in a more advanced society, which has changed them. Where the Darkspear are largely hunter-gatherers in a tribal format, the Zandalari have a giant city, and most likely an infrastructure. The Zandalari are a good example of an allied race done right, because they are so far removed from the Darkspear in general. Not to mention the fast evolution in Trolls as you can see from the many different types around Azeroth.

The Draenei on the other hand, vs the lightforged, are essentially the same outside of some kind of light ritual the Lightforged have gone through, same with Void Elves, they are just Blood Elves with better accents.

At the end of the day I still prefer Darkspear to the Zandalari.
    Just to clarify, I was specifically referring to appearances, not lore. As a matter of lore, I'd say I really couldn't care less about Highmountain or Lightforged, they are freaking copy pastes with "cultural differences" that I could totally see the parent race possesing (Exodaarians are plenty zealous about the light as it is, look at how they treat the broken/ what do highmountain even offer? worshipping the river? mulgorians certainly would if there was a significant amount of water in the barrens/mulgore)

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    again draenei is a faction not a race, eredar is the race.

- - - Updated - - -

regular eredar draenei you mean
    Draenei is the name they took. Velen specifically says they are no longer Eradar. If we never went to Argus, we would have never seen actual Eradar anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify, I was specifically referring to appearances, not lore. As a matter of lore, I'd say I really couldn't care less about Highmountain or Lightforged, they are freaking copy pastes with "cultural differences" that I could totally see the parent race possesing (Exodaarians are plenty zealous about the light as it is, look at how they treat the broken/ what do highmountain even offer? worshipping the river? mulgorians certainly would if there was a significant amount of water in the barrens/mulgore)
    Even under appearance I prefer the Darkspear, I think they've been established as a cunning, powerful, fast race and their hunched over ready to attack look is part of the establishment. Same goes for Orcs, they are hunched over, this whole standing up straight thing is stupid.

Outside of specifically the Trolls and Orcs though, I can sort of see where the new race will be preferred. Although I don't think as strongly for the Dwarves. Hard to compare Void Elves vs BE or Nightborne vs NightElves because you have to go cross faction. And playing both factions makes you the worst kind of person.

Druid forms with moose horns look so bad. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to them. Wish the crackelves had Druid, Manasaber would’ve been nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

I personally prefer the vanilla Tauren and Dwarves, if only because the new ones aren't much different visually and don't have as much history/culture behind them.

7+ Year Old Account
    i still will play a regular tauren cause antlers in a cow seems fucking stupid to me

but darkspear trolls will be getting fucked with the zandalari

Much prefer normal draenei to the lightforged