• Else (please post in the thread)

16 5.78%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    only Haägen-Dazs vanilla is pure
    Meh, Blue Bell is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    There is not such a point in time when the classes/specs are in perfect balance, however this is not the point.
    The point is, granted class balance is kept original in Classic, we already know what changes will be made and when.
    For instance, lets say we know Hunters will get an overhaul 1.1 year in, which will make them an ok choice for raids. But before that patch they were undesirable. Just for the sake of having the pristine original experience, should devs make them wait for 1,1 year before they are allowed to raid?
    Yes. There's no case that extreme, and even in the end of Vanilla there were classes/specs that were undesirable for raiding outside of their niche.

I am voting option A because anything within the scope of the original Vanilla is fair game, and details can be worked out.
    Anything added with the release of TBC and after would not be logical if we're trying to recreate Vanilla.
    I think that's what "pure" means to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    I agree... 100%. But what it lacks in "new experience" it will be made up with "OMG... I remember this!"
    But for every "OMG...I remember this! there is also a "OMG...I remember this!
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Pure Vanilla is when you travel back in time 13 years.
    +10000000000

I chose else. Patch 1.1 was totally broken i remember it very well. Yes we can experience it but knowing the overhauls that are coming will be frustrating to many. 1.12 was blizzards way to catch people up for them to experience as much as they could before the BC expansion. 1.11 was the culmination of vanilla content to me. 1.12 felt like a toned down version of the game. Ill be happy with anythin above 1.6 but only till 1.11

5+ Year Old Account
    Progression exactly as back in 2004/6
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

7+ Year Old Account
    Patch 1.12, progressively release content. Same as the -other servers- (stupid forum rule tbh.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Vanilla is not a point in time, not a specific build. It is the progression overtime and the experience it provides.
    Yeah, you're not going to get that. You're going to get 1.12 with raids staggered.

"Pure vanilla" is creating a time machine and going back to 2004 where no one new shit about WoW and all were wandering around like some fucked up retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Yeah, you're not going to get that. You're going to get 1.12 with raids staggered.
    We heard it here first. Care to give me the mega millions & power ball winning numbers for the week?

Pure progression is the only real "pure" option.

1.12 is about as far from vanilla as it gets. The blue gear is so good it can carry you through BWL just fine in capable hands.

Personally I'd be ok with a few nerfs to top classes scaling and to some farming areas (hunters can farm DM:N tribute in 10minutes per run with T2 gear and that's easily over 200g/hour almost no matter what).

Mages/priests and to some extent paladins/warlocks can farm DM:E plants and books for consistent 60g/hour in just vendor trash. Which also can get class books and world drops/greens to DE.

Some things that weren't really figured out in vanilla has been so optimized by now to a point where epic mount is doable in a week on a 3hr/day schedule @60g per hour. First 60 Mage can get epic mount in less than 17 hours after dinging 60 with zero chances at failure (it is easily 60g per hour in just guaranteed vendor trash as a Mage).

Basically, if you're not "in the know" or have been playing private servers and intend to play classic, be in for a shock if it's pure vanilla. After the first 6-7 days, someone will be 60. Day or two after they will have epic mount.

Pure vanilla unchanged would be a mistake. Buffing weaker classes would be a mistake. QOL would be a mistake. The smart thing is to nerf these OP specs like late Warriors/rogues/mages/locks in PvE and not buff the weaker classes. Knowledge and time is all you need in vanilla. Skill is excluded in PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

All of them, need a time machine to get it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladebarrier View Post
    I just wondered is there a general consensus among purists on what actually is "Pure Vanilla". So i decided to do this poll survey.
    Can't really state it by your poll, the term 'pure vanilla/classic' was a term that came to fruition at the announcement of classic (to my knowledge). Pure Vanilla/Classic is a version of the game as it was back then, doesn't really count at patches but would be expected to start like at launch and up. The other version, 'impure vanilla/classic' (HERETICS!) I would guess it to be where people want certain extras implemented, like QoL's or newer graphics in an attempt to hide something old and outdated behind a thin shell for display.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Pure progression is the only real "pure" option.

1.12 is about as far from vanilla as it gets. The blue gear is so good it can carry you through BWL just fine in capable hands.

Personally I'd be ok with a few nerfs to top classes scaling and to some farming areas (hunters can farm DM:N tribute in 10minutes per run with T2 gear and that's easily over 200g/hour almost no matter what).

Mages/priests and to some extent paladins/warlocks can farm DM:E plants and books for consistent 60g/hour in just vendor trash. Which also can get class books and world drops/greens to DE.

Some things that weren't really figured out in vanilla has been so optimized by now to a point where epic mount is doable in a week on a 3hr/day schedule @60g per hour. First 60 Mage can get epic mount in less than 17 hours after dinging 60 with zero chances at failure (it is easily 60g per hour in just guaranteed vendor trash as a Mage).

Basically, if you're not "in the know" or have been playing private servers and intend to play classic, be in for a shock if it's pure vanilla. After the first 6-7 days, someone will be 60. Day or two after they will have epic mount.

Pure vanilla unchanged would be a mistake. Buffing weaker classes would be a mistake. QOL would be a mistake. The smart thing is to nerf these OP specs like late Warriors/rogues/mages/locks in PvE and not buff the weaker classes. Knowledge and time is all you need in vanilla. Skill is excluded in PvE.
    Why nerf something.... Vanilla is very well in the imbalance of things.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1.1-1.11 was more vanilla then 1.12.

Starting the game in 1.12 is not the same as old progression ever, no matter how accurate the numbers.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-06 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Six different poll options, two of which are completely open-ended and non-specific is enough of an answer.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Voted "None"... Vanilla is not a patch or a certain tier of content. That's just a limited view. Vanilla was a much bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Pure Vanilla is when you travel back in time 13 years.
    Also need to erase your wow related memory
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english