Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just want Hammer of Wrath back then I will be a happy Pally

seems like they can never figure out what to do with the spec.. from adding combo points & uncontrollable pets and now colossus smash. every expansion after wrath just makes it worse.

Ret was only fun in WOLTK, i tried hard to like it and not play anything else
    But had enough, if they dont change in BFA (and wont) i will quit it..saddly

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    If you get into beta you should submit feedback to Blizzard. I know they're not going to do sweeping changes but things could be shuffled around a bit more so we don't have that warrior C&P feeling.
    Last beta was horrid, we did give feedback. WE SPAMMED THEM (sorry caps but emphasis) with feedback. They did nothing except buff Judgment duration from 6 to 8 seconds and make it cleave to 1 additional target.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You didn't even mention demo warlocks in your list, so you apparently have no idea what you're talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Have you even played MoP or Cata? Hand of Freedom used to get you out of stuns, you could have it with 2 charges, Speed of Light or Pursuit of Justice were both things, Seal of Justice was a thing, 20 yard Fist of Justice was a thing (with no honor talents to sacrifice).
    oh, how could i forget demo! ofc. yes, you are right here.

but to say for this solely reason i have no glue what i talk about, is just really a bit... meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    no, no they didn't. The only ranged class that got their mobility reduced in any meaningful way in Legion is Hunters. The only ranged that can't kite us are Warlocks and Priests (who were never capable of kiting anyone ever anyways)... The only ranged that can't kite us easily, but can still kite us are Hunters, every other ranged, we aren't a threat to if they aren't an absolute moron, and I know this because I play all of the other ranged, and Rets are no threat to me at all.

You haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.
    Hmm then i seem to run into way too many morons; happens in casual PvP i guess... everything past the weekly casual reward is just a waste of time anyway.
    The only time i did semi-serious PvP was back in TBC.

Hmm, tbh style wise i'd preffer our WoD sprint instead of the pony with the current DPS rotation too...

No. Have you even played MoP or Cata? Hand of Freedom used to get you out of stuns, you could have it with 2 charges, Speed of Light or Pursuit of Justice were both things, Seal of Justice was a thing, 20 yard Fist of Justice was a thing (with no honor talents to sacrifice).
    Don't we have an anti-CC hand nowadays too?
    Speed of light was pony with longer duration, but 70% efficiency and no immunity.
    Seal of Justice is still there to a degree in form of Law and Order, if you don't sacrifice it for 20 yard Fist of Justice.

And Pursuit of Justice came at the cost of speed of light, if i recall correctly (or the flat our speed increase).
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-12-05 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Don't we have an anti-CC hand nowadays too?
    No, we have Blessing of Sanctuary, which we can't use on ourselves while stunned like we could with freedom back then.

Speed of light was pony with longer duration, but 70% efficiency
    70% for 8 seconds gets you almost double the distance that 100% for 3 seconds does.

and no immunity.
    Divine Steed doesn't give any immunity either.

So yeah, Steed is literally just a worse Speed of Light.

Seal of Justice is still there to a degree in form of Law and Order
    50% snare for 8 seconds on every hit is a whole hell of a lot better than a 70% snare for 3 seconds every 10.5 seconds.

And Pursuit of Justice came at the cost of speed of light, if i recall correctly (or the flat our speed increase).
    It did, the talent row was "Speed of Light/Long Arm of the Law/Pursuit of Justice", the point is we had a choice of what mobility we wanted... Now we're just pigeon holed into a worse Speed of Light without Emancipate.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-12-05 at 05:43 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

-finally being a melee class as intended
    I actually quite like the idea of Ret being a melee with RANGED DPS abilities. I.e. Exo/HoW/BoW, etc. It fits my idea of class fantasy. If I wanted to be a pure melee class wearing plate, I would have picked Warrior, not Paladin.

I don't mind the movement speed... really. It makes missteps more punishing and the split-second you decide which direction you will be running into more impactfull.
    What? Are you like those commercials where it's like "some people like spilling hot coffee on themselves, but for the rest of us there's XYZ" Are you that one asinine person who thinks that being deliberately gimped in comparison to your peers somehow invites rewarding/good gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    how can you think Cata ret is great, and simultaneously think Legion ret is great?
    they are entirely different specs basically. I very much enjoyed Cata ret, it was peak ret for me. But it was nothing like what we have now.

This is so bizarre to enjoy those two iterations.
    It is entirely possible to like more than 1 iteration. Not sure how that's odd. I loved WotLK Ret (DS in ST, utility, Martyr/Blood, etc.) and I loved WoD Ret (FV, Seraphim, EmpDS, Mobility, HoSac, etc.) and I even tolerate Legion Ret (I like BoW, WoA, SoV, and DS Tornados, crusade, etc.). I can like them for different reasons, but still find some aspects of them fun even if the total package is subjectively bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I actually quite like the idea of Ret being a melee with RANGED DPS abilities. I.e. Exo/HoW/BoW, etc. It fits my idea of class fantasy. If I wanted to be a pure melee class wearing plate, I would have picked Warrior, not Paladin.
    Fully second this. I always thought it made sense that warrs have charge and leap etc and no ranged abilities, and pallies have great speed and ranged abilities. Now they still have the former and we have neither of the latter.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All they would have to do is turn Judgment in to a character buff and I'd be okay with it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP as ret was never fun... that isn't only a problem with the current version.
    But at the moment we have a potential of having 3 "sprints" depending on our talent build:
    - 2x pony talent
    - hand of freedom can serve as one
    - And we also have a slow on target (Hand of Hindrance)

That is more than we ever had in PvP.
    All that additionally to what happened to most ranged classes which had their mobility nerfed in Legion.

It's true; i don't do much PvP... but when i do it's really not as troublesome these forums make it out to be.

I admit FT was never really good, i just like the black-lightning aspect of the character... regardless it never went DB-S bad, but that's a matter for another sub-forum.
    Double Pony...yeah because 6 seconds...when a lot of classes even ranged can still outrun you that are on shorter cooldowns is so great!
    Hand of Freedom talent comes at the cost of more Hand of Hindrance ...
    Hand of Hindrance has a 30 second cooldown...want to name another melee class with a 30 second snare cooldown?

Let me guess...one of those guys who is threatened by how the U6 woman are so strong...talks about how stupid it is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    What? Are you like those commercials where it's like "some people like spilling hot coffee on themselves, but for the rest of us there's XYZ" Are you that one asinine person who thinks that being deliberately gimped in comparison to your peers somehow invites rewarding/good gameplay?
    Nah just the person who doesn't really give a damn about PvP. Like mentioned above already. It's enough for mythic raiding, anything else i really don't see why i should care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Let me guess...one of those guys who is threatened by how the U6 woman are so strong...talks about how stupid it is?
    To be honest; i have no clue what you are talking about.

Echoing what other people have said, I'm really disappointed in the changes made to Ret between WoD and Legion.

* Hate having to work around Judgment uptime to do DPS
    * Miss the old Final Verdict animation/effect
    * Miss Hammer of Wrath as an execute/extra button to push when wings are up

I remember back in WoD feeling annoyed at the RNG aspects of Ret but in retrospect I'd take that proc-based spec over the current Judgement window-based spec every time.

The Legion version of Prot feels great with multiple charges of most abilities and the chance to get lots of extra Avenger's Shield procs. Wish Ret was as fun to play, hope BfA brings improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlewis View Post
    Echoing what other people have said, I'm really disappointed in the changes made to Ret between WoD and Legion.

* Hate having to work around Judgment uptime to do DPS
    * Miss the old Final Verdict animation/effect
    * Miss Hammer of Wrath as an execute/extra button to push when wings are up

I remember back in WoD feeling annoyed at the RNG aspects of Ret but in retrospect I'd take that proc-based spec over the current Judgement window-based spec every time.

The Legion version of Prot feels great with multiple charges of most abilities and the chance to get lots of extra Avenger's Shield procs. Wish Ret was as fun to play, hope BfA brings improvements.
    Maybe they'll change Judgment back to its old animation where it drops down on their head instead of a stupid missile. That'd be a huge improvement by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    All they would have to do is turn Judgment in to a character buff and I'd be okay with it.
    And it's almost like that would make us feel less like an Arms knock off!

Maybe they'll change Judgment back to its old animation where it drops down on their head instead of a stupid missile. That'd be a huge improvement by itself.
    I prefer the missile version honestly, it's just a visually improved Hammer of Wrath though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the days of Exorcism and the many The Art of War procs

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I miss the days of Exorcism and the many The Art of War procs
    isn'T that almost the same as blade of justice with blade of wrath talent now?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And it's almost like that would make us feel less like an Arms knock off!
    I'd take what I can get even if it meant being more of an Arms knockoff. That's how little I like Legion Ret. For once I am hoping Blizzard tries to reinvent the class or takes several steps back from the current design.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    isn'T that almost the same as blade of justice with blade of wrath talent now?
    I'm talking from a visuals perspective. The blades coming from the ground have always been weird to me :|

I wish they would "Fix" all the specs to where they played really good and then just let the chips fall where they may. This whole new class every expansion isn't really what people look forward to.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!