Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you like to see more Death Knights created? If so, who?

I wouldn't mind seeing

• Anduin Lothar
    • Broxigar
    • Orgrim Doomhammer (MU)

How about you guys?

7+ Year Old Account
    No one on your list that's for sure..
    Can't think of anyone that I'd bring back honestly. Make some new characters, leave the dead...dead or else the story, their falls have no meaning

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think it was kind of a mistake bring back who they ended up bringing back. Atleast on Nazgrims part

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back all the greatest hits: Varian, Garrosh, Gul'dan, Ner'zhul, Doomhammer, Grom, Aegwynn, Anasterian.

Nazgrim made sense, I hated the fact that we killed him, that he died for Garrosh.

I loved what they did with the idea of returning Tirion, and I think that applies to most big characters whom we've lost through the years. Let them rest in peace.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Broxigar's soul or body will be salvagable after getting rekted by Sargeras. ...Mind you I love Brox. The rest would probably be taken in great offense from both sides but that would make for some compelling story moments. Like Anduin Wrynn meeting Anduin Lothar or Turalyon meeting with Anduin Lothar. Then there's Thrall seeing Orgrim Doomhammer again. I'd like to see those two definitly, especially in WoW.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They should ressurect willfred fizzlebang. He would fit right in.

All of those would be so far beyond decomposed ( except Brox who I think wouldn’t even have a speck of dust remaining after going head to head with Sargeras at full power) that I don’t think they would be able to be made into a DK. Their bodies wouldn’t work anymore even reanimated they would simply be a skeleton if that hasn’t decomposed beyond recognition. Keep in mind some of those died about 20-30 years ago (warcraft time).

If anything I would say make DK’s of the modern races and change up the DK opening a little so Bolvar is making them again but making them for the ebon blade not the current way which is for the scourge and you “rebel” show Bolvar using his power to make the armies bigger for the ebon blade. That would make more sense than these old characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    All of those would be so far beyond decomposed ( except Brox who I think wouldn’t even have a speck of dust remaining after going head to head with Sargeras at full power) that I don’t think they would be able to be made into a DK. Their bodies wouldn’t work anymore even reanimated they would simply be a skeleton if that hasn’t decomposed beyond recognition. Keep in mind some of those died about 20-30 years ago (warcraft time).
    Skeletons still work as undead. Besides, having "viable" remains isn't necessary. Just stick the soul in another body. That's how the first DKs were created.

Because I hate the timeline restriction of the current DK starting zone being a limiter for new races having the option, I'd like to see DK trainers of each race in all of the starting zones, with the option to make DKs at lv1.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Varian or Vol'jin, but I imagine Gul'dan incinerated Varian's body and didn't they cremate Vol'jin's?

If anything I would say make DK’s of the modern races and change up the DK opening a little so Bolvar is making them again but making them for the ebon blade not the current way which is for the scourge and you “rebel” show Bolvar using his power to make the armies bigger for the ebon blade. That would make more sense than these old characters
    Doomhammer and Lothar died around the same time that Thoras Trollbane died, give or take a a few years. If Trollbane became a Death Knight, I don't see why the others couldn't be DKs.

It kind of cheapens death as a narrative tool if more death knights spring up in a positive way so I can't imagine it turning out well if it was common. It would be interesting to see a death knight raised become an enemy though.

Lei Shen (if possible) and Khal'ak. Pandaren dks.

They shouldn't be big heroes that fell in battle imo. Defeats the whole purpose in character death imo.

Varian's soul inhabiting Garrosh's body.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    It kind of cheapens death as a narrative tool if more death knights spring up in a positive way so I can't imagine it turning out well if it was common. It would be interesting to see a death knight raised become an enemy though.
    No, what cheapens the narrative is Blizzard thinking other forms of resurrection or 'character throwbacking' is unique and original compared to the DK concept or another 'original' concept.

It just isn't. New characters will always be better and interesting, unless they are pretty much copies of previous characters (see cairne--->baine)

edit: Because someone brought up comic books, that concept of character 'redoing' or throwbacking has been apart of their storytelling narratives for decades. Blizzard rehashing it in fantasy land isn't original or interesting.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-12-07 at 04:09 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    No one on your list that's for sure..
    Can't think of anyone that I'd bring back honestly. Make some new characters, leave the dead...dead or else the story, their falls have no meaning

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think it was kind of a mistake bring back who they ended up bringing back. Atleast on Nazgrims part
    Tell that to Marvel and DC. How many times have they killed Iron Man and Superman?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Doomhammer and Lothar died around the same time that Thoras Trollbane died, give or take a a few years. If Trollbane became a Death Knight, I don't see why the others couldn't be DKs.
    Trollbane was after the third war... but you’re right. That’s just stupid he would be completely decomposed and not at all a death knight but a reanimated skeleton of sorts

Trollbane was after the third war... but you’re right. That’s just stupid he would be completely decomposed and not at all a death knight but a reanimated skeleton of sorts
    Could've sworn it was a couple years after the Second War/right before the Third War, but that's not a big deal.

However, I always assumed that in the resurrection process the necrotic energies you imbue them with fixes up lot of their tissues/muscles/bones. Cause even after a month or two weeks a body that has died would be significantly more different than when it was alive, and if the resurrection process didn't fix the body of even a month old person then I'd imagine there'd be problems regarding its functionality.

Not a DK, but I think Sylvanas resurrecting Liam Greymane would be...interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They should ressurect willfred fizzlebang. He would fit right in.
    I once ran a DND warlock based off of Wilfred.

Spoiler alert - He died.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Not a DK, but I think Sylvanas resurrecting Liam Greymane would be...interesting to see.
    Liam Greymane would be interesting to see as a DK as well. He could get his revenge on Sylvanas.

I would have loved to see Draenor Ner'zhul play a part in the whole Death Knight story but he's dead and gone as well. Most other characters get blown to bits or cremated these days.
    Apart from that Bolvar could bring back the classics: Rivendare, Kel'Thuzard etc.
    I'd also love to see an undead Kael'thas sunstrider. Could be a chance to give him a redemption arc after all the character assassination.