Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    because they will complaint how the horde will get what they want after asking for 12 damn years, and how they(the alliance) will not get high elves, when they already have AND after getting another elf
    If horde players got ogres with a twist, i think they would complain aswell.. Lets say, they are too big and stupid, so blizz makes them half ogres/half draenei.. They will have tail, tentacles,

This image looks too good, imagine them also with tail and blue eyes.

A lot of people would play them, because they look cool, but a lot of people who wanted normal ogres would be let down, because this is not ogre he knew from wc2 and wc3. + there is already Stonemaul clan in the horde, yet they have no spotlight.. And instead of them, they would get ogres they never heard of.. This is the same with alliance and high elves.. We see them in action, we know they exist, yet we get blood elf fugitives who are half ethereals.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-07 at 08:50 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    If horde players got ogres with a twist, i think they would complain aswell.. Lets say, they are too big and stupid, so blizz makes them half ogres/half draenei.. They will have tail, tentacles,

A lot of people would play them, because they look cool, but a lot of people who wanted normal ogres would be let down, because this is not ogre he knew from wc2 and wc3. + there is already Stonemaul clan in the horde, yet they have no spotlight.. And instead of them, they would get ogres they never heard of.. This is the same with alliance and high elves.. We see them in action, we know they exist, yet we get blood elf fugitives who are half ethereals.
    i only would agree with you if they put the ogres on the alliance, then, they put a void ogre on the horde

cause is clearly not the same thing

even if the horde just get Void ogres, fel ogres or light ogres i would be damn ok, better than nothing

Then you dont care about lore and take whatever shit blizzard serves you. If ogres already exist in the horde, they have no flavor added to them, then it is natural to expect, that this race will be playable. But instead you get some new ogres you never heard of, they are cooler, better in every way, because rule of cool is better than established lore. And those poor guys from dustwallow will rot there until end of days.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-07 at 09:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then you dont care about lore and take whatever shit blizzard serves you.
    WUT

If ogres already exist in the horde, they have no flavor added to them, then it is natural to expect, that this race will be playable.
    what race? the half ogre? come on, if you are talking about lore will know that is not possible

But instead you get some new ogres you never heard of, they are cooler, better in every way, because rule of cool is better than established lore. And those poor guys from dustwallow will rot there until end of days.
    if they are equal? but with another clan? from another island? from draenor? i would not care

Cause they don't need to change they appearance cause there is no blood ogres on the alliance, jesus, its totally different, like i said if they put the ogres on the alliance, then pout some obnoxious ogre race in the Horde, it would be the same

i know you guy are salty about high elves and void elves, but let the ogres be

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres should've been playable a long time ago... it's pretty ridiculous that they're still not playable at this point.

I also feel like Naga are long overdue. If their tails are too complicated, just give them a mermaid-esque "Land Legs" racial that gives them legs on land, making them basically serpentine humanoids. More unique than any Allied Race shown so far, could've even used the Night Elf skeletons.

How would Ogres being "too stupid" be a problem? It's not like the intelligence of the player character actually impacts the game in any significant way, and there are ogres (albeit mostly mages) that are as intelligent as the other races.

Size is a more valid issue but given that the size of NPC Ogres isn't 100% consistent and some of them are smaller than Tauren, it'd be kind of lame to exclude them just because of that.

10+ Year Old Account

I would be so disappointed if we got this instead of regular Ogres. Ogres must be fat, for one. Two, those Ogres are even less unique, being Orc/Draenei ripoffs.

WUT

what race? the half ogre? come on, if you are talking about lore will know that is not possible
    No, stonemaul ogre. And stop comparing everything to HE/BE problem.. This is mainly discussion about corrupting a wish, not exact situation.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-07 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Privas View Post
    I support this! I always wanted to play as an ogre.
    As an aside, I had the opportunity in our tabletop D&D where ogres captured my rogue and one magically assumed his looks. I then had to play the ogre.

The party didn't find out for a month. They actually believed I had amnesia from a blow to the head and also went ogre stupid.

I Want this!
    NO, I WANT THIS!

7+ Year Old Account
    No, stonemaul ogre. And stop comparing everything to HE/BE problem.. This is mainly discussion about corrupting a wish, not exact situation.
    you are being a bit equivocated, the stonemal are just the first choice, not the only one, the "dream" is just play an ogre (who is already being corrupted for 10 years btw)no matter from where, any clan, any world, just ogres, myself could even play then on the alliance.

they also don't have any motive to "corrupt" the wish, like i said, there is no reason to make some abomination ogres to work

Deleted
    If they decide to put Ogres as an Allied Race then one should expect a twist. Nightborne represent arcane side of things, Lightforged light one and Void Elves void. Nature then, maybe a hybrid between Ogre and Primal.

there is no reason to make some abomination ogres to work
    There is, rule of cool.

There is, rule of cool.
    There is nothing cooler than an Ogre.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is, rule of cool.
    not really, they are cool on their own with all the me smash thing

and 2 heads, nuff said

I know that they are cool as they are, but blizzard likes to add useless gimmicks to enhance the looks.. Like everyone must have glowing eyes, because glowing eyes are cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    like i said, void ogres, fel ogres, light ogres, pink ogres, whatever i would play anyway

7+ Year Old Account
    Rexxar for Racial Leader. Rexxar for bringing them into the Horde.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Rexxar for Racial Leader. Rexxar for bringing them into the Horde.
    They're technically already part of the horde.
    That being said, if we're going into was again Rexxar should bring that lounging muscle in the middle of the swamp to have some use.... or Ferlas, since Cataclysm.

At this point, I've soured on the Allied Race concept. Just give us sub-races, appropriate races for each faction (A: High Elves/H: Ogres, etc.), and call it a day.