Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I'm more curious what they'll get as forms. Hoping they are a bit more subdued than the Darkspear ones.
    Well they said travel form will be a raptor. Can't remember if they said much on the others.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully something better then Nightborne's 1% magic damage/1% less magic damage taking up 2 racials.

Highmountain get 1% versatility, which is straight up better for just 1 racial. Since it affects all damage/healing/absorbs, even if it's 0.5% less damage taken, it's all damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well they said travel form will be a raptor. Can't remember if they said much on the others.
    Unfortunately, they'll still get bear and cat as combat forms.
    Such a wasted opportunity to have them as a direhorn or other dinosaurs.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    My bet is on scaly textures on their forms
    You mean mottled. They don't have scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    You mean mottled. They don't have scales.
    They don't? I pretty much took those to be intended to be dinosaurish scales inspired from the obvious dinosaur theme they gave them in MoP along with their old-new models.

They don't? I pretty much took those to be intended to be dinosaurish scales inspired from the obvious dinosaur theme they gave them in MoP along with their old-new models.
    I assume you're referring to the black blotches on their shoulders and arms? I initially took them for simple skin colorations, like oversized birthmarks, considering Vol'jin used to have lighter versions of them on his skin. At a closer glance they do seem to appear to be thicker than the skin in general with a shaded outline (not to mention their jagged shape). Assuming they're not just darker blotches of skin, they must be scutes, which are related to scales but form differently - scales form on the skin, while scutes form below the skin. Scales tend to overlap while scutes tend not to. For example, snake skin has scales, while crocodile skin has scutes.

Also, remember that trolls have extremely dense fur that things tend to grow in, so it might be something else entirely, especially since some zandalari trolls doesn't seem to have these blotches at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Also, remember that trolls have extremely dense fur that things tend to grow in, so it might be something else entirely, especially since some zandalari trolls doesn't seem to have these blotches at all.
    I think the dense fur is an Amani thing.
    Sure, all trolls (so far) have fur, but only the Amani use it to grow things such as moss, which is why they get a green coloration
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think they're based on old Fel Orc concept art, where a fel-orc pic in the TBC book had a caption saying they would jam crystals and rocks in their skin and then heal over them getting a layer of 'natural' armor

This works even better thematically for Zandalari trolls with their troll regeneration.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    I think they're based on old Fel Orc concept art, where a fel-orc pic in the TBC book had a caption saying they would jam crystals and rocks in their skin and then heal over them getting a layer of 'natural' armor

This works even better thematically for Zandalari trolls with their troll regeneration.
    Oh, I had no idea about the story behind the fel orcs' "rock-things" that's neat! I could definetly see the Zandalari artificially strengthening their bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Unfortunately, they'll still get bear and cat as combat forms.
    Such a wasted opportunity to have them as a direhorn or other dinosaurs.
    Haha. Nah. They will prob get Pterodactyl flight form though. At least thats what kind of makes sense.

City of Gold - "Emissary chests grant an additional 40 gold (based on level)".

Embrace of the Loa - "Increases Mastery by 28 (based on level)".

Pterrodax Swoop - "Summon a Pterrodax that assaults the target, inflicting 862 physical damage and stunning for 1.5 sec. Instant, 20 yd range, 3 min cd"

Regeneratin - "While out of combat your health regeneration is increased by 200%".

Ward of the Loa - "Summon a Ward of the Loa that pulses after 1.5 sec. When the ward pulses, you instantly loot any nearby corpses, pick any nearby herbs, mines any nearby veins, and skin any nearby corpses. Only affects resources that you can collect. Instant, 45 sec CD."
    Last edited by Hisholyness; 2018-02-19 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I think the dense fur is an Amani thing.
    Sure, all trolls (so far) have fur, but only the Amani use it to grow things such as moss, which is why they get a green coloration
    I dunno that fur thing is very inconsistent. I never saw trolls to have fur in either official Blizzard artwork nor on models. So I don't draw it myself as well.

And well judging from icons and names of racials, Zandalari sounds fun so far.

I quite licked Dark Iron dwarf racials as well, not game breaking but fun nonetheless.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    Not all that into the mechanics of the game, but how helpful is the 200% health regen?
    It looks like its half of a Fighter Chow

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post

Pterrodax Swoop - "Summon a Pterrodax that assaults the target, inflicting 862 physical damage and stunning for 1.5 sec. Instant, 20 yd range, 3 min cd"

Regeneratin - "While out of combat your health regeneration is increased by 200%".

Ward of the Loa - "Summon a Ward of the Loa that pulses after 1.5 sec. When the ward pulses, you instantly loot any nearby corpses, pick any nearby herbs, mines any nearby veins, and skin any nearby corpses. Only affects resources that you can collect. Instant, 45 sec CD."
    As much as these seem pretty sweet, I am going to doubt they would outright put a pure money making racial in like City of Gold. Gold might be easier to come by, but adding a racial that basically just prints money for you doesn't sound realistic. The Goblin discount racial is one thing, in that it makes you spend less but you still have to grind the money out.

Wrath of the Loa seems pretty awesome, but I think the CD would end up being longer, like 2min if they implemented something like that. Otherwise, between that and City of Gold, it would make it almost required to be Zandalari for any sort of farming alts/mains. Even at 2 min, it seems really useful, more so than most racials.

But if these did become real, I would absolutely love these. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    As much as these seem pretty sweet, I am going to doubt they would outright put a pure money making racial in like City of Gold. Gold might be easier to come by, but adding a racial that basically just prints money for you doesn't sound realistic. The Goblin discount racial is one thing, in that it makes you spend less but you still have to grind the money out.

Wrath of the Loa seems pretty awesome, but I think the CD would end up being longer, like 2min if they implemented something like that. Otherwise, between that and City of Gold, it would make it almost required to be Zandalari for any sort of farming alts/mains. Even at 2 min, it seems really useful, more so than most racials.

But if these did become real, I would absolutely love these. :-)
    emissary chest is once a day or after getting 21k rep. The racial is undertuned

emissary chest is once a day or after getting 21k rep. The racial is undertuned
    With the contracts that allow you to gain reputation for a given faction for a period of time for any and all WQs that come from Inscription, getting the 10k chests past Exalted will go a lot faster than you think. Additionally, it might seem like nothing, but it is still the fact that Blizzard won't simply "give" you resources of any variety. The closest they do is make you retain some of your resources that you normally grind out or make grinding a little faster in terms of actual time spent (like with Tauren's herbalism skills or Worgens skinning skills). It might be undertuned from the standpoint of seeming ineffectual or something, but it doesn't change that Blizzard won't do it. Otherwise, they would then be inclined to add things like, "Your skinning nets you more leather per skin" or "Your mining nets you more ore per node". Even if it were 1 extra leather or ore or even just the chance for more, it would add up. Tying something like that to a profession is one thing, but to a racial is not something they are likely to do.

Then again, Blizzard repeatedly have done things most would never expect them to do, so who knows? Maybe they will make a racial that just gives you extra money or something. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    That bit is unsourced and I never read it in the Chronicle Volume 1. In fact it sounds like an awful mix of old and new lore into something clearly incorrect, that quote was an old reference to the Amani and Gurubashi empires suffering a "shocking defeat" because of their utter lack of arcane knowledge, something the Zandalari are, instead, quite proficient with.

All the Chronicle said regarding the Zandalari is that Azshara threatened them to make sure the rest of Troll-kind would have stopped their attacks against her empire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

thats actually kind of disappointing. City of gold is nice but emissary chests look like they really won't be a big deal in gold farming. Would rather embrace of the loa increase another stat. Swoop looks likes the kind of racial that will be nerfed after one or two major content patches.