Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should all Qiraji Mounts be usable in the open world?

Ok most people have all the colours from AQ40 but should we be able to use those mounts in the open world?

Looking at the datamined files i saw blizz is fiddling around with the Qiraji mounts i know this maybe is wishful thinking but surely now there is no reason to restrict these mounts to a decade old raid?

Deleted
    no.
    it takes the prestige from the black and archeology one. ( I have neither, but I have all the AQ ones)

Deleted
    The old Qiraji Mounts should remain as they are, it's part of the reason why the Black and Blue Qiraji mount is much more special.

For the new and updated ones coming in 7.3.5, we don't know what the plans for those are and how it'll be obtained, but most likely something you'll ride everywhere. Unless they make those Qiraji mounts only usable in the new Silithus BG coming, with the exception for one or two of those being allowed in other zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    no.
    it takes the prestige from the black and archeology one. ( I have neither, but I have all the AQ ones)
    Maybe ten years ago i woudlve agreed but now? We have over 400 mounts now and nobody is gonna look at a red qiraji mount with awe and envy!

I hate these petty restrictions it makes no sense now cause those who have the blue and black ones will still have the prestige while those who just think the skin looks cool can ride it anywhere they like.

they are one of the ugliest mounts in game. we dont need more of these blizzard
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    The old Qiraji Mounts should remain as they are, it's part of the reason why the Black and Blue Qiraji mount is much more special.

For the new and updated ones coming in 7.3.5, we don't know what the plans for those are and how it'll be obtained, but most likely something you'll ride everywhere. Unless they make those Qiraji mounts only usable in the new Silithus BG coming, with the exception for one or two of those being allowed in other zones.
    There was a time when drake mounts was special but not now

At the end of the day its just a skin and those who want prestige will always know when you ride a black one it means something but riding a red one well not so much but that still doesnt mean it should restricted to a old raid hardly anyone goes to now.

Maybe i saw the datamined files and got a little excited but still having mounts you cant use never makes any sense to me. Even lorewise it doesnt make sense 'oh they cant leave AQ cause of reasons?'.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Even lorewise it doesnt make sense 'oh they cant leave AQ cause of reasons?'.
    They're very skittish. If you go in combat they scurry away and hide/you get dismounted.

no.
    Pretty much this. I have the AQs + Archaeology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    no.
    Just shut up. There is no prestige in having either of those things. The black one being so rare and limited had more to do with Vanilla trying to rip off FFXI and everyone knows it. The archy one being prestige? Sure, those thousands of hours spent doing Night Elf archaeology are certainly such a difficult and interesting task ./eyeroll.

The very least they could do is allow them to be unlocked via a quest or one of those silly 'mount hunt' things they have been doing. The last thing Blizzard should give a shit about is something as subjective and game ruining as 'prestige'. 'omg ur so spechul for playing the gaem', get real.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Just shut up. There is no prestige in having either of those things. The black one being so rare and limited had more to do with Vanilla trying to rip off FFXI and everyone knows it. The archy one being prestige? Sure, those thousands of hours spent doing Night Elf archaeology are certainly such a difficult and interesting task ./eyeroll.

The very least they could do is allow them to be unlocked via a quest or one of those silly 'mount hunt' things they have been doing. The last thing Blizzard should give a shit about is something as subjective and game ruining as 'prestige'. 'omg ur so spechul for playing the gaem', get real.
    To the contrary, the first thing Blizzard should give a shit about is providing what's left of their players with reasons to spend their time doing frequently very mundane and unappealing content (it's just grind). They should be very careful with these things, because if they devalue effort, they will just lose it very quick. This game cannot sustain itself on gameplay, the gameplay is nothing terribly interesting.

The mounts are best left as they are, with no changes. Because if they change it, why the hell do other grindy achievements? Better to wait until they change them to be less grindy as well.

The old ones? No. Keep them the way they are.

The new ones? I think the two (or three) normal colors, teal, red and purple should be commonly obtainable normal mounts that you can use anywhere.

The black one should become some kind of event mount that should be obtainable if you bother to get it, but will be retired after that event. Maybe a BG event, or a Timewalking Ahn'Qiraj (like Molten Core had that Core Hound mount), whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post

I think it might be more worthwhile to try and get Blizzard to make the new models properly usable and available to current players. People have been hanging on to the old versions for ages, and they gave the Ultramarine one to satisfy people in Cataclysm.

However, there are now new models, and it seems much more realistic and worthy of your time to make sure Blizzard hears you on those.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post

Ok most people have all the colours from AQ40 but should we be able to use those mounts in the open world?

Looking at the datamined files i saw blizz is fiddling around with the Qiraji mounts i know this maybe is wishful thinking but surely now there is no reason to restrict these mounts to a decade old raid?
    Nope.

Not at all.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been so long since they were relevant I'm not sure if it matters. I suppose if I was the one choosing I'd leave them as they are to at least perpetuate the notion of rarity or something being "special."

That being said, the face of prestige in WoW now has changed from the early iterations of the game. There are so many diverse ways to chase "prestige" now it hardly matters. It's all very subjective. Your average WoW player today - and this is not a knock on anyone - probably would not realize the significance of the black Qiraji mount on-sight.

Prestige changes by the tier, by the expansion, and by what someone is subjectively interested in within the game. Prestige for one might be a rare battle pet. For others it might be the current mythic mount. I guess the short version of my opinion is it doesn't really seem to matter anymore.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    no.
    "prestige" "archaeology" LOL
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    they are one of the ugliest mounts in game. we dont need more of these blizzard
    your opinion is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by AngelusMMO View Post
    your opinion is wrong
    your opinion is wrong!
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

From what's been seen on the PTR, it looks like the new qiraji battle tank mounts are simply drops from new rare mobs of the same appearance in Silithus.

Keep the originals as they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why not. You will still get idiots arguing otherwise. Something about a illusion of prestige against people with the black one. So like 5 people lol.

They should of never been limited to AQ in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once suggested an Qiraji Archaeology item called the Scepter of Qiraji Dominance, which would effectively be a toy, which would unlock the outdoor use of the AQ mounts for a player. Sad that they didn't go with that :|

It's 2017. Sure, they should be usable. Why the heck not?