10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh I'm sure Bungie will tweak something so that they are no longer in violation with Sony/MS's terms. Either that or they'll just say something to Sony/MS to get them to change their minds and just leave everything in-game as is. After all, they gotta keep raking in that money for their Activision overlords!
    And refunds is the last thing you need

"sorry can't see the end of this movie you bought unless you download the directors cut commentary" like just imagine half this bullshit in other industries.

Well i was doing public events on earth for the radiolorium for the forge to make the scout rifle and i ended up getting a drop that turned out to be the new fire coldheart and jesus christ thats going to be nerfed to the ground. One magazine eats through almost half of those flashpoint boss spawns health and it has like 400 ammunition and its like 50 per reload. I cant imagine how its doing in pvp if it just melts stuff in pve. Knowing bungie i assume the pvp issue means it will just become trash in pve but if nightfalls still has a solar burn this would be the new zalos supercell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Maybe I just got super unlucky, or maybe it's that I insist on maining a Hunter (because capes are cool, man), but the one heroic adventure I've run was brutal. I still finished it, but there was zero wiggle room. Pop head out when nearly anyone's shooting at you? Gibbed. Spent half my time hiding and waiting for the Prism effect to roll over to Void so I could use my launcher on big targets.

Maybe it's the low resilience of Hunters and the lack of reliable healing/defense tools; it definitely felt doable, but it's probably the most I've felt Hunter's issues thus far.
    I did them all solo as a void hunter. use the sword that has the heavy ammo drop perk for nuking daemons, scout rifle for regular mobs and an elemental auto rifle to burn shields. Died about twice per adventure due to the regen debuff but as long as you have a solid rocket launcher for emergencies they feel like sub halo on legendary but close enough. I imagine by 330 a 3 man team will destroy it with ease though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh I'm sure Bungie will tweak something so that they are no longer in violation with Sony/MS's terms. Either that or they'll just say something to Sony/MS to get them to change their minds and just leave everything in-game as is. After all, they gotta keep raking in that money for their Activision overlords!
    If you recall this shit happen with destiny 1 so I really wouldn't be surprised if they (bungie) do nothing at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    ** Drops link into pool of Piranhas**

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/car...esigner---live

Let your rage sate your hunger.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

Not sure if I should laugh or cry lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, not one to get made about a company trying to make money. If I feel like my purchase wouldn't be worth it I just don't buy it in the first place.

Is this some kind of joke?

Senior Progression Designer - Live

RESPONSIBILITIES

-Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2’s Bright Engram
    -Work closely with our Live leadership team to craft a long-term vision for the Eververse and its presence in the Destiny IP
    -Work closely with our Live product manager to analyze key performance indicators to inform design
    -Design and implement new features and systems with an eye on engagement, retention, and monetization
    -Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction
    -Work with Destiny 2 leadership to help define a cohesive monetization experience across multiple expansions and seasons
    -Manage the creative and craft growth of Progression designers on the Eververse team and help establish a strong design culture
    There you have the Destiny 2 focus, keep buying the DLC blindly and hope for some nice shiny eververse bling blings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Is this some kind of joke?

There you have the Destiny 2 focus, keep buying the DLC blindly and hope for some nice shiny eververse bling blings.
    At this point i'm seeing people in game shit on people that buy them, reminds me of WoW when blizzard tried to push transmog cash shop gear and folks were kicked from raid finder to such an extreme that they never tried it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Sorry, not one to get made about a company trying to make money. If I feel like my purchase wouldn't be worth it I just don't buy it in the first place.
    The problem is that it appears their focus is on monetizing the game more than designing a game that is enjoyable. I am a huge fan of the Destiny franchise, but I will not pretend that Destiny 2 isn't incredibly flawed, and a decent part of the reason is because Bungie has lost sight of what made Destiny fun for the fan base. Instead, they are heading towards a system which will grab as much cash as they can before people stop playing, rather than creating features and content which keep people playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    At this point i'm seeing people in game shit on people that buy them, reminds me of WoW when blizzard tried to push transmog cash shop gear and folks were kicked from raid finder to such an extreme that they never tried it again.
    Unfortunately, it would be quite difficult to spot someone who has spent money at Everess. All the items are obtainable through regular play (even if it is all RnG and slow paced). I mean, if it is week 1 of the new Season and you see someone decked out in the new Everess armor set, it's a good chance they dropped cash on Everess. But as time goes on, it will be hard to spot them.

- - - Updated - - -

Stolen from a poster on the Destiny Forums:

"The problem is the concept behind Eververse, what they did to try and promote it and the direction the company seems to be going in with it.

To lock your ships/sparrows/ghosts/weapon ornaments behind a system designed to encourage microtransactions isn't right.

To then silently throttle XP to slow down the free bright engrams, for the sole purpose of encouraging microtransactions, isn't right.

Now with this latest job application, it's clear of the direction this game wants to go.

A free to play business model with a premium price, its bullshit."

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that it appears their focus is on monetizing the game more than designing a game that is enjoyable. I am a huge fan of the Destiny franchise, but I will not pretend that Destiny 2 isn't incredibly flawed, and a decent part of the reason is because Bungie has lost sight of what made Destiny fun for the fan base. Instead, they are heading towards a system which will grab as much cash as they can before people stop playing, rather than creating features and content which keep people playing.

Because the have 1 position to focus on monetisation?

I mean here is another senoir position.

https://careers.bungie.com/en-us/car...eplay-designer

SENIOR GAMEPLAY DESIGNERAre you an experienced Gameplay or Systems Designer looking to ship your next AAA game with a talented and passionate team? Do you love the challenge of designing great moment-to-moment gameplay? Do you hate the realization that you’ve found the ultimate powerful weapon, making all others pointless? Have you been known to tune, tune and retune a screenshake and controller rumble until it’s a perfect 1:1 match of the action being performed on screen? If so we have the job for you! Bungie Studios is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, hard-working and experienced Senior Gameplay Designer for Destiny.

As a Senior Gameplay Designer, you will work closely with the entire Destiny Design team designing, implementing and balancing a robust sandbox of gameplay systems, such as player abilities, weapons and armor to name a few. As part of a team of Designers, you'll collaborate with team members from other disciplines to drive and build a compelling second-to-second gameplay experience. Also, you'll contribute to, and benefit from, the Bungie design processes to ensure your work is the very best it can possibly be.

RESPONSIBILITIES
    Collaboratively design, implement and balance top notch gameplay systems
    Make the second-to-second gameplay experience accessible to as many people as possible
    Work with sound, effects and animation artists, as well as tune various feedback systems, to make in-game cause and effect clear to players
    Work with a team of enthusiastic Designers to deliver player verbs that support Destiny’s creative direction
    Mentor other Designers, spreading your experience and knowledge you’ve accumulated over your career
    REQUIRED SKILLS
    Previous experience shipping action centric titles as a Systems/Gameplay Designer
    Intuitive understanding of how second-to-second action games work and why people play them
    Strong understanding of the power of game feel and gameplay affordances
    Experience, as a designer and as a player, with many modes of online play
    Seasoned understanding of game engines, technology and the game development process
    Desire to collaborate with Designers, Artists, Programmers, Musicians, Testers and Producers to achieve a common goal
    Dedication to contributing to a positive work environment
    Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
    Outstanding oral and written communication skills

But no. lets all rage because they have 1 position to monetize the game.

But no. lets all rage because they have 1 position to monetize the game.
    Seeing how that job posting comes out right on the heels of people losing content they paided for. I can understand people getting pissed.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, it would be quite difficult to spot someone who has spent money at Everess. All the items are obtainable through regular play (even if it is all RnG and slow paced). I mean, if it is week 1 of the new Season and you see someone decked out in the new Everess armor set, it's a good chance they dropped cash on Everess. But as time goes on, it will be hard to spot them.

- - - Updated - - -

Stolen from a poster on the Destiny Forums:

"The problem is the concept behind Eververse, what they did to try and promote it and the direction the company seems to be going in with it.

To lock your ships/sparrows/ghosts/weapon ornaments behind a system designed to encourage microtransactions isn't right.

To then silently throttle XP to slow down the free bright engrams, for the sole purpose of encouraging microtransactions, isn't right.

Now with this latest job application, it's clear of the direction this game wants to go.

A free to play business model with a premium price, its bullshit."

Haven't yet felt in anyway that I'm required to purchase bright engrams. Haven't even seen a reason too. I'm fine with the rate I get bright engrams so far. Maybe thats just me.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Seeing how that job posting comes out right on the heels of people losing content they paided for. I can understand people getting pissed.

What content was promised that wasn't delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is obvious for every normal person (moderators and ex moderators excluded).
    Love how the Destiny reddit was all positive before DLC and now its a complete shitshow. If Bungie wont change their way they will be sacrificed for activision.

Prestige raid was removed for non DLC users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't yet felt in anyway that I'm required to purchase bright engrams. Haven't even seen a reason too. I'm fine with the rate I get bright engrams so far. Maybe thats just me.....
    Same here! And I would say the majority of people don't see a need to do so. Which is why it seems like they are looking to direct people to feel the need to do so. Hardly anyone spends money on Everess. In Bungie's eyes, that is likely a big problem, and they want more people to spend money. Otherwise they would just abandon it, or leave it as it is, and not have a job application looking for someone to improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    This is obvious for every normal person (moderators and ex moderators excluded).
    Love how the Destiny reddit was all positive before DLC and now its a complete shitshow. If Bungie wont change their way they will be sacrificed for activision.

Prestige raid was removed for non DLC users.
    Ah yes, prestige raids should have had an option for both lvls.

You must be new here so here is the run down.

If you did not buy the current DLC, You lost Nightfalls (Both normal and Prestige) and also lost being able to do the raid in Prestige mode. That also means if you are going for the 100% Platinum (Ps4) or achievement (xbox) you can no longer get it without buying the DLC.

You also can't do Trial of Osiris now unless you get the DLC.

Also since Bungie is repeating history let me give you a pre-view of the next DLC. If they release a strike you will lose all of the above once again plus the ability to do heroic strikes.

Unless somehow after 4 years they fix there shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor is, those who did not buy the DLC, and have been locked out of the content they had previously purchased, may be getting refunds on the game.

Rumor is, those who did not buy the DLC, and have been locked out of the content they had previously purchased, may be getting refunds on the game.
    Its not a rumor, its the same shit they pulled with destiny 1.

(Unless u mean rumor on the refund part)

Wait you are joking right?

So without Curse of Osiris I can't do Nightfall anymore? The Nightfall that was a part of the BASE game?

Sorry but Bungie are just getting worse now. There is no reason to defend locking the standard games content behind fucking DLC.

This game has slowly become one of my most hyped games to a regretted purchase game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait you are joking right?

So without Curse of Osiris I can't do Nightfall anymore?

Sorry but Bungie are just getting worse now. There is no reason to defend locking the standard games content behind fucking DLC.

This game has slowly become one of my most hyped games to a regretted purchase game.
    Correct to everything, They pulled the same shit with Destiny 1.

I said it before and ill say it again Bungie didn't learn shit from Destiny 1 and its a repeat of history.