Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE VANILLA. I've been there and done that. Good luck.

oh, and stop saying retail, you mean casual. If you think you are going to play classic for free, then:
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2017-12-07 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    Oh look it's just nother case of vanilla babies and their victim complex, nothing to see here

The classic community can't even agree on what they want, let alone retail players (who have just as much say)

15+ Year Old Account
    Dear (Fanatical) Classic Players,

The only ones who will mess this up for Classic players, are you guys. Good luck and god speed.

Best regards,

Someone who doesn't care about whether or not Classic servers go live.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Whatever blizzard delivers will be wrong, I think we can all agree on that.

Theres probably some people arguing server instability should be artificially introduced to recreate the classic experience

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    Where do you think the money will be coming from?
    Probably from retail subs, HotS/Overwatch and Heartstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Probably from retail subs, HotS/Overwatch and Heartstone.
    So by your reasoning, this is happening is so that Blizz can lose money?

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    The classic community can't even agree on what they want, let alone retail players (who have just as much say)
    Meanwhile.. in retail.. everyone lives in harmony. They agree with each other. No drama. Perfect world.

LuL

Cannot use this as a case of look this is why when where you come from is just as big of a chaotic mess. Case in point.. both are on the internet.. thus.. this is what they will be no matter what.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So by your reasoning, this is happening is so that Blizz can lose money?
    Nope that doesn't follow. The project may use capital from other project to cover its development costs but that doesn't mean it won't yield an even bigger return on that investment.

I'd also note that the value of the Classic project probably extends beyond simply the money that people spend to play it. It's already generated a huge amount of positive publicity for Blizzard which in and of itself carries a certain amount of value, even if it's difficult to measure.

Correct, however the point was more theres no point in singling out currently playing retail for asking for features in classic when the classic community cant even decide amongst itself what features should/shouldn't be in.

Both are as bad/valid as each other

They are the real deal though. That's the point. It's not nostalgia or the experience of the first few months. That's long gone. I don't why people are so insistent to force their view that it's only nostalgia?

It is the gameplay, the gameplay systems, the pacing, the feeling of being a small pawn in a big world and the community. All of which I and tens (hundreds?) of thousands like myself prefer to the retail systems.

Remember I play this every day and I still enjoy it. I don't need to get it back. I have it. Nostalgia doesn't fuel that for 4 years, solid gameplay and good community does.

[

I'm afraid you are wasting your breath. The people who enjoy current retail will never understand what made/makes Classic WoW (Vanilla thru Wrath) amazing. They either only knew the existing effort/reward mechanisms... or simply prefer the new mechanics.

I, for one, get you. I have had more fun leveling new toons on a TBC server the past few months than I have had on retail for the past several years.

If Blizzard tries to release some amalgamation of old content in the new system... count me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I'm afraid you are wasting your breath. The people who enjoy current retail will never understand what made/makes Classic WoW (Vanilla thru Wrath) amazing. They either only knew the existing effort/reward mechanisms... or simply prefer the new mechanics.

I, for one, get you. I have had more fun leveling new toons on a TBC server the past few months than I have had on retail for the past several years.

If Blizzard tries to release some amalgamation of old content in the new system... count me out.
    No one in the community cares if you leave. Honestly, I'll never understand the need for people to validate their life choices. Leave or don't leave; stay or don't stay. Who cares?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid you are wasting your breath. The people who enjoy current retail will never understand what made/makes Classic WoW (Vanilla thru Wrath) amazing.
    Honestly, it seems to me that classic "fanatics" like yourself are the ones who don't understand what made the original WoW amazing. It was the newness of the experience. The game itself has needed to adapt to the player who has lived through the experience because a lot of things that were awesome back in the day outlived their usefulness and became tedious.

The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago).

And yeah sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community. And honestly, it's not something that makes you special, or enlightened to the extent that you have to keep harping on about how you "get it". It makes you tiresome and annoying.

But yeah calling it now: Blizzard will release classic, they'll do a fantastic job, but you'll be here on MMO-C whining ad nauseum about how they ruined it when in reality the problem has never been the game....

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Honestly, it seems to me that classic "fanatics" like yourself are the ones who don't understand what made the original WoW amazing. It was the newness of the experience. The game itself has needed to adapt to the player who has lived through the experience because a lot of things that were awesome back in the day outlived their usefulness and became tedious.

The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago).

And yeah sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community. And honestly, it's not something that makes you special, or enlightened to the extent that you have to keep harping on about how you "get it". It makes you tiresome and annoying.

But yeah calling it now: Blizzard will release classic, they'll do a fantastic job, but you'll be here on MMO-C whining ad nauseum about how they ruined it when in reality the problem has never been the game....
    Exactly. So many of these "vanilla diehards" either forget or simply ignore the simple fact that, WoW back then was great BECAUSE it could be considered the ONLY decent MMO. The game had to evolve. It is like vintage cars. The classic and nostalgic look is nice and all, but SOME air-conditioning and modern features would be nice.

As long as classic is available to paying subscribers, these subscribers are entitled to demand changes or improvements. And these "vanilla diehards" are EQUALLY entitled to demand otherwise. Although I doubt any major changes will happen, if at all.

Why are you trying to tell people what they feel? You can't blanket state that it was only "the newness of the experience" that made it amazing.

The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago) - Again, where do you get off telling people how to feel or remember. Stop making blanket statements with no validity. You know what, I like playing on my PServer EVEN MORE than I did back then. How does that fit into your narrative?

What's tiresome and annoying is jerks like you, coming onto a forum ESPECIALLY FOR CLASSIC WOW and telling people how they won't like it, it's only nostalgia etc etc. It doesn't make you special or enlightened and tbh nobody wants to hear anything from you.

If you have no valid points to make or no relevant experience in the matter, kindly do one.

Then why am I having such a ball playing it now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftshadow View Post
    Exactly. So many of these "vanilla diehards" either forget or simply ignore the simple fact that, WoW back then was great BECAUSE it could be considered the ONLY decent MMO. The game had to evolve. It is like vintage cars. The classic and nostalgic look is nice and all, but SOME air-conditioning and modern features would be nice.
    Again... that may be why YOU liked it then... I am having a blast playing it now because of the effort/reward system and the pacing of progression. WoW today isn't much more than a lobby game waiting on queues for LFR/Dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I disagree, the ones who will be playing the most and were the loudest were the people who really enjoyed the Vanilla servers as there were. They were much more instrumental in convincing blizzard to make classic servers. Now you got every Tom, Joe, and Henry wanting updated Graphics, their Death Knight, Class balance, Xrealm PVP, etc etc. All of which break the classic servers, it implement feature creep which is the biggest thing Vanilla players want to avoid. It will also take away development time from WOW's current development.

I say give people classic with the minimal to make it stable, and then take it or leave it. I expect things like battle.net implementations, but not much more then that.
    The people who played Vanilla servers 'as they were' (like I did), if they plan to play again, will literally be the ones who rush to level 60 as fast as they can, blow up the outdated raids and bosses, PvP a little bit, and then sit and complain.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Honestly, it seems to me that classic "fanatics" like yourself are the ones who don't understand what made the original WoW amazing.
    Including the experience of ongoing change, the game being a living, dynamic thing. It's mostly people who've been playing on pirate servers who argue strongly for the mechanics being a static 1.12, mostly people who played in vanilla and still are playing live arguing for starting with the beginning and playing again through the rounds of class overhaul and other change. Mechanically static WoW is really, fundamentally unlike living WoW at any stage of its development.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    The people who played Vanilla servers 'as they were' (like I did), if they plan to play again, will literally be the ones who rush to level 60 as fast as they can, blow up the outdated raids and bosses, PvP a little bit, and then sit and complain.
    HA HA HA! If you had played vanilla... you would know there was no "rushing to 60"... the "outdated raids" would still need attunements, gear, and resist sets, but the sitting and complaining... you apparently are practicing that now.

When Classic servers open up I will take a few days off and play until I fall asleep, a huge grin on my face. I'll join a casual guild, level my professions, work on attunements, raid when I can, and stay subbed the entire time.

That's already tons more than I did for WoD and Legion... and at least I will feel like I am getting my money's worth.

Deleted
    *snip* (about everything you said in the last few pages)
    Dude, are you the reference for fun gameplay? Are you the guy who blizzard turns to if they wanna know if their stuff is cool? I doubt that. Therefore, nobody cares if you're having a ball or not. Fun is subjective.

I played Vanilla back then. I cherish the novelty of that first login, the first char to 60, my first participation to a raid etc... I ever played hardcore back then, and I wasn't good. But I enjoyed it. That's about it. I prefer the new WoW, because it is fit for what I want. I like the QoL. I like the relative ease to do something in a good way. I like the fact that my rotation makes sense. Simply put, I like retail. ANd I like the vanilla I once played. Guess what, that's not mutually exclusive.

And now, sure, why do I waste my breath? Dunno, I felt to do that. I won't play classic servers. So what do I do in vanilla forum? I'm curious. I'm a bit of a voyeur when it comes to drama. But foremost, every time I see somebody with your signature (there are a few), I just think "wow peacocks learned how to type". Such a stupid piece of propaganda that I sadly see everywhere on this forum.