View Poll Results: Are you sick of demons?

Voters
322. This poll is closed
  • Yes

193 59.94%
  • No

129 40.06%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Pretty sure Xavius is a demon.
    A night elf with demonic influence which technically still makes him a night elf i believe...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    A night elf with demonic influence which technically still makes him a night elf i believe...
    That would mean Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde aren't demons by that logic.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, honestly not. Rather demons than orcs.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Not bored with demons but I am bored with brown landscapes, spaceships and lasers in the fight against them. Really makes less and less sense why we're swinging swords at stuff when this deathbeam technology is easily accesible...I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    All i see on this thread are people who are sick of WoW in all honesty.
    Yes, clearly that must be it. No one can criticize the game without being tired of the entire game.

Its funny that people are saying they are sick of demons in WoW. Demons are the main protagonist of majority of WoW. They corrupted, they corrupted one of our greatest Titans that was fighting against the Void. It wasnt the old gods that caused him to go mad and slay his pantheon. It was an Orc, blood god or troll. It was the Natherzim that tainted his mind. So, if you dont like demons and demon theme, why play WoW? Yeah, thankfully BfA will be more Ally vs Horde based with a touch of Blood gods with a looming Void theme, that might not pan out. We literally have no idea of what we're up against, other than we're going to slay Azshara. We're literally are going to be given a random Joe that is going to be a big boss over the old gods that are in-charge of old gods on Azeroth. Some spawned them, and tossed out of the void at Azeroth. Whom we have no history or knowledge, no lore, no whispers on.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpuncher View Post
    Just going out on a limb here but if 'too many orcs' was an actual reason why people hate WoD they haven't looked at that expansion hard enough.
    There wasn't much to hate about it (aside from the heavy Orc theme and awful storyline). It's just popular to dislike garrisons despite them being an interesting concept that was poorly executed. Aside from that, not being forced to farm something like Artifact Power or Honor levels everyday was nice because it gave me time to do other things without falling too far behind. The only people who seemed to dislike it were the no-lifers who consumed the content too quickly and then were left with nothing to do but face the harsh reality of their empty lives.

Deleted
    1st there was orcs, now there's demons...

but i think we'll all be be sick of elves pretty damn soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Yes, clearly that must be it. No one can criticize the game without being tired of the entire game.
    Be honest with yourself. Read the posts. When i see someone tired of 70% of game races, places, zones.... well you have your answer.

And yeah criticize what? You want elf in Warlords of Draenor? You want arakkoa in Legion? If i see Battle of Azeroth, i know it will be on Azeroth, so it's usueless to criticize the races you will find and the envirorment.

Deleted
    I am looking forward to a really dark scourge expansion...

Wotlk had surprisingly little undead thematic, Naxx was a rehashed entry raid and then it was only ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    im sick of orcs. always sick of orcs
    Someone beat me to it. Really tired of orcs.

I'm tired of Alliance crying babies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    I am curious if you are tired of killing demons, because during WoD I heard constantly on mmo-champion as well that THERE ARE TOO MANY ORCS. Considering the whining was because 2 expansions had orcs, let's count how many orc bosses and demon bosses we had in raids during WoD and Pandaria:
    Mogu - 0 orcs
    HoF - 0 orcs
    Terrace - 0 orcs
    ToT - 0 orcs
    SoO - 6 orcs(counting single bosses)
    Highmaul - 1 orc
    BrF - 7 orcs
    HfC - 3 orcs

So total: 17 orcs, now let's count Legion bosses
    EN - 1
    ToV - 0
    Nighthold - 2 demons
    Tomb - 4 demons
    Antorus - 8 demons
    And previous expansion
    Hfc - 5 demons

So total 20 demons VS 17 orcs and yet I can't see whiny posts that there are too many demons. So, why? Are demons more @pretty@ and cool than orcs? Personally I am not sick of both races, but I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    P.S. I know I could miscalculated a bit, but even if it was 15 demons vs 17 orcs it would still be relevant.
    They're both Alien races invading Azeroth. And should all be sent back to Hell. Demons & Orcs.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

It's not so much the bosses that bother me but just everything out in the World. The expansion as a whole has not been that bad but with the last two major patches with the Broken Shore and legion invasion and then the whole of Argus there has been demons to the right of me, demons to the left of me, demons everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Malderon View Post
    I am curious if you are tired of killing demons, because during WoD I heard constantly on mmo-champion as well that THERE ARE TOO MANY ORCS. Considering the whining was because 2 expansions had orcs, let's count how many orc bosses and demon bosses we had in raids during WoD and Pandaria:
    Mogu - 0 orcs
    HoF - 0 orcs
    Terrace - 0 orcs
    ToT - 0 orcs
    SoO - 6 orcs(counting single bosses)
    Highmaul - 1 orc
    BrF - 7 orcs
    HfC - 3 orcs

So total: 17 orcs, now let's count Legion bosses
    EN - 1
    ToV - 0
    Nighthold - 2 demons
    Tomb - 4 demons
    Antorus - 8 demons
    And previous expansion
    Hfc - 5 demons

So total 20 demons VS 17 orcs and yet I can't see whiny posts that there are too many demons. So, why? Are demons more @pretty@ and cool than orcs? Personally I am not sick of both races, but I am confused why people are fine with so many demons yet they were not fine with so many orcs.
    P.S. I know I could miscalculated a bit, but even if it was 15 demons vs 17 orcs it would still be relevant.
    The problem, and difference, is that in WoD you had several zones which were all under attack by orcs... There were beasts of course. And those plant guys. And the ogres. But a huge huge majority was made up of orcs. Not the raids. The questing zones. Everywhere around you. And in the raids and dungeons as well. Heck, even in PvP xD Whereas, in Legion, you have demons, but then you also have an entire zone dedicated to nightborne elves, one zone dedicated to druids/night elves/nature, one zone dedicated to vrykul and val'kir and dragons. One zone dedicated to naga and night elves. One zone dedicated to tauren and those cave guys. The demons barely have any presence at all. Even in raids in dungeons... But I generally dislike fel zones (I understand they are necessary to show that we are fighting a war against the Legion, but I prefer pretty serene zones ^^) so I agree to some extent that we can take a break.

I'm more tired of the fel green landscape than I am the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Be honest with yourself. Read the posts. When i see someone tired of 70% of game races, places, zones.... well you have your answer.

And yeah criticize what? You want elf in Warlords of Draenor? You want arakkoa in Legion? If i see Battle of Azeroth, i know it will be on Azeroth, so it's usueless to criticize the races you will find and the envirorment.
    Take your own advice because all Blizzard does is the same thing ad nauseam. Same models but recolored (and sometimes not even that), same awful mechanics, same grinds, etc.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Legion's leveling wasn't all Demons though so that's why it's not as bad. WoD was 90% Orcs, Orc Dungeons, Orc raids.

Legion has a lot of Elven stuff going on as well. Aszuna/Val Sharah/Suramar/Illidan & the Demon Hunters. And a nice amount of Vrykul, Highmountain Tauren and Class exclusive story. The Legion never really had a big massive role in Legion really until The Nighthold/Suramar unless you count the opening Broken Shore event. I like that they never had a huge presence during the quest zones themselves because when doing World Quests there isn't a ton of demon killing missions. It gives you a break, something WoD never did. The only way to avoid orcs was to just never leave your Garrison.... unless you were Horde because then you were really fucked.

As for MoP that's a bit different because MoP never had a big enemy until the very end. Mists of Pandaria is about Pandaria rather than a big bad and Pandaria has a lot of new different types of enemies because of how hidden and ancient the land is. Legion is about a villain, or an army, I guess. So it makes sense that we'd spend a lot of time on them and I'm glad Blizz waited till raiding to start going crazy with them to keep them contained a bit. But that is why the last few raids are so Demon heavy. The Legion story was just put off till raiding. Not even the first 2 raids either so we did get some diversity.

I'd say as much as 2/3 of the expansion isn't Demon heavy. It's just the last 1/3 of the expansion is REALLY Demon heavy so it feels like there is more than there is.

That said, I understand the Demon fatigue. I'm glad that we probably won't be fighting Demon's again any time soon if ever but they had to go crazy with it at the end so we can finally get rid of them all. Nobody wants a rushed story. Especially something as big as The Legion. We fought the corruption of Suramar City and other various communities throughout the Broken Isles, Then we defeated their forces on Azeroth at the Broken Shore, and finally we took the fight to them in Argus and got to end this. I love that we really worked our way up through them. It was a long and exhausting fight but that's how we should feel. That's how our lore heroes feel as well. Seeing Velen finally breathe at the end of Antorus is how everyone should feel. Now we get to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Antorus felt like you were ASSAULTING a Capital with an ARMY! Something WoW's been lacking for ages (Looking at you, DS, SoO, ToT, HFC, BRF, HM, and ICC)
    To be fair, it was kinda like that in ICC. Blizz just didn't really have the resources to show you that well 9 years ago. That's what the Argent Crusade was supposed to be. Also, there was the Horde vs Alliance airship fight and the entire Icecrown zone was basically filled with Arthas' army which was so big it even spread out a bit in to other zones. It was meant to feel large they just couldn't do it all in one raid. At the time it felt huge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    That would mean Kil'Jaeden and Archimonde aren't demons by that logic.
    I'd say half demons. Maybe not even that. It's more corruption than anything. There still is a piece of who they were in them.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-12-07 at 03:57 PM.

I'm really sick of all the negativity that comes from this place.

I don't care what we're killing. This game is fun.